Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Which charger is better?

OP Steven How

19th February 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68

1,249 posts

Well I have this two charger,idk which one is better for my battery,since I have 3 battery I take turn to charge them with the left charger the one that u can buy in ebay,ok back to the real question,when I charge my phone with the right charger (original) it take 2 hour to fully charge stock battery but not the china battery ,it take 5 hour to fully charge this China battery with original charger,if i use the ebay charger (wall charger) it charge all types of battery within 5 hour? Why is it so? Any idea?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
Last edited by Steven How; 19th February 2012 at 10:29 AM.
15th August 2012, 12:04 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

1,249 posts
Recently bought another new battery ,seems the China battery have worn out a lot..(30min use it died off) Yoobao,was a reliable brand,i bought the 1500mah..and guess wat? It last three times longer than my stock battery
I use mainly for web browsing,facebook,music and more..

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using xda app-developers app
15th August 2012, 12:42 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 37

394 posts
More
Probably the China charger identifies itself as an USB port, so that it can charge any type of battery with a lower amount of current. Shouldn't damage the battery if you charge it with the HTC one though.
15th August 2012, 02:12 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

1,249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan5844

Probably the China charger identifies itself as an USB port, so that it can charge any type of battery with a lower amount of current. Shouldn't damage the battery if you charge it with the HTC one though.

But about the amount of charge that store in the battery by using the China charger,will it like lack charge of a few hundred mah of the battery since its not genuine charger? I talking abt the battery charger that u put ur battery on that port and charge not the USB

The Following User Says Thank You to Steven How For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2012, 03:50 AM   |  #5  
Flag los angeles
Thanks Meter: 31

229 posts
More
The China charger will take to long to charge any battery above 1200mha . Since most of thoes chargers only charge at a crappy 500ma-700ma to get a good charge you need minimum of 800ma and 1000ma=1amp to get a good charge and still be able to use the phone while charging to reduce charger heat up. As for the wall battery only charger mimicking "USB" I'd does no such thing it just gives straight voltage to the battery and meters it till it reaches Max voltage and to avoid over charging the input amperage to the battery is like 200-500ma .. hopefully this helps you guys out on choosing a charger. Fyi all HTC official USB wall chargers are rated at 1amp

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda app-developers app
16th August 2012, 10:13 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

1,249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonist63086

The China charger will take to long to charge any battery above 1200mha . Since most of thoes chargers only charge at a crappy 500ma-700ma to get a good charge you need minimum of 800ma and 1000ma=1amp to get a good charge and still be able to use the phone while charging to reduce charger heat up. As for the wall battery only charger mimicking "USB" I'd does no such thing it just gives straight voltage to the battery and meters it till it reaches Max voltage and to avoid over charging the input amperage to the battery is like 200-500ma .. hopefully this helps you guys out on choosing a charger. Fyi all HTC official USB wall chargers are rated at 1amp

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda app-developers app

So u are saying the official battery charger from HTC are better since its current is 1amp?

16th August 2012, 12:55 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bucharest

394 posts
More
„Better” in this case means that it will charge faster. Think of it this way - you want to fill a glass with water. If you pour it from a bottle with a large opening, it will fill faster. If you pour it from a bottle with a smaller opening, it will fill slower.

Which bottle is better/worse? Depends on how fast you want to charge your battery.
16th August 2012, 01:03 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

1,249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan5844

„Better” in this case means that it will charge faster. Think of it this way - you want to fill a glass with water. If you pour it from a bottle with a large opening, it will fill faster. If you pour it from a bottle with a smaller opening, it will fill slower.

Which bottle is better/worse? Depends on how fast you want to charge your battery.

Since I got 4 battery(don't ask me y,2 of them were China battery it die off pretty fast,1 stock and yoobao)..I have no choice but to use the China charger,but China charger are much slower..but will it fill up the full capacity of the battery?

17th August 2012, 12:40 AM   |  #9  
Flag Somewhere in NYC
Thanks Meter: 417

2,732 posts
More
I've been using a Crackberry charger for over two years.
17th August 2012, 01:12 AM   |  #10  
Flag Bucharest

394 posts
More
I see no reason why it should not. It's not like it suddenly stops at a certain percentage or something. Just be sure to not let it too much in case the charger doesn't have overcharging protection (a.k.a. it knows when the battery is full so it doesn't overcharge it)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread