Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 42,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GTA3 Arms Shortage crashing and other problems

Tip us?

finty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If anyone could upload or send me their SD card files it would be a great help, when my wifi craps out at over 23% GTA3 won't boot and I have to delete and start over again, never ending cycle lol.

rubbergnome
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Sry guys, I just tried the 1.3 update, and I was wondering if I can can set the movement controls to the touchpads. I read that on xperiagamer, but I can't find anything in the game options, I can only move with the dpad. Maybe you just can't move with the touchpads?

AwaisKhan
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by finty View Post
Nah lad thats not it, thanks though. Don't really see how editing the handling.cfg is going to affect ram/cpu usage?

ATM I'm redownloading the sd card files as I believe some of the mission scripting is corrupted, the only reason I haven't tried this before is that my wifi connection is terrible, going to take a while lol.
When you enter the location, aload of police cars start chasing you & you have to escape, due to this your CPU usage is quite high & ram & probably cant cope

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

BroidDrionic
Old
(Last edited by BroidDrionic; 27th February 2012 at 03:47 PM.) Reason: forgot to include platform
Thanks Meter 0
It has nothing to do with cpu or ram usage, it's just a glitch in the game. There are no more people or cars than in any other mission.
The way I got around the glitch, though, is by first walking into the trigger area (the blue circle of light thing), instead of driving into it. Then, as he jogs around the area ignoring user input, he will get close enough to the tank for the "door" on-screen button to appear, which you can press to break his jogging cycle.
He'll run over to the tank, try to get in, but it's locked, and you can then help the one-armed man kill the Columbian Cartel attackers.
Hope this helps others! Sure was a hassle for me lol.

Edit: I'm playing this on a Droid Bionic, btw, not the xperia

ch3mn3y
Old
Thanks Meter 174
When i had this mission i take ol and use them as barricade and than destroy cartel using granades. Try it maybe it helps...
Of course i did it on r800i

Sent using my phone...
SE Xperia Play (R800i) | DiXperia 3 'Enormous' | LuPuS_GB
SONY Xperia Z Ultra LTE (C6833) | Carbon KitKat | Pimped Z1 Kernel
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer (TF300T) | CyanogenMod 11.0 | GEASS (F2FS)
PENTAGRAM Eon Prose 2 (P 5336-2) | stock 4.2.2 (rooted)
LG Optimus L7 (P700) | CyanogenMod 10.2

NiM72NiK
Old
(Last edited by NiM72NiK; 28th June 2012 at 11:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
hi
at first sorry for my bad english.I'm new (they call it NOOB )
I had the same problem(crashing in this mission) and I searched it through the internet but i couldn't get pass of that.
so i tried different ways(because I had the same problem in some other missions).

at last I found it! the problem is with the cars..when you go in the marked area with a car,it crashes...when ever you had this problem,just go at the marked area on YOUR FOOT!! thats it..it works for this problem in any mission crashes like this

I hope that I could help some of you my friends in my FIRST comment