I used this tuto
to port MIUI4. Now, I'm trying to do it based on the current CM9. This will allows to rebuild one as soone as the new CM9 will be there.
------------------------thx to pvillasuso
Thanks to @adyscorpius for his MIUI4.0 [ SGS2 ]
Thanks to @imilka for his ASOP base !
Now we have these WORKING !
wifi > ok
Bluetooth > ok [ audio, and calls ] I used SE w600 to test it
3G data > ok
Phone app > ok [ no more FC's ]
Titanium Backup > ok
Full root > ok [ r/w , perfect ]
4-way reboot > ok
Call recording & playback > ok
Call proximity sensor > ok [ but I always to uncheck the: enforce Proximity sensor option ]
Battery % at status bar > ok
FROM @adyscorpius [ MIUI4.0 ~ SGS2 ]
KNOWN ISSUES AND WORKAROUNDS - MIUI Themes don't work. SOLUTION - Create /data/system/theme to get it to work! Only themes supported for V4 (ICS) would work properly. However, lockscreens from older themes should work! - Initially the permissions manager will ask for permission to Manage ROOT. Permit that. - Market won't download big apps. SOLUTION - Go to Downloads > Settings > Deselect - Data Download Prompt. - Titanium Backup not restoring backups - SOLUTION - Enable USB Debugging in Development, Unknown Sources in Security (Device Administration). IT WORKS NOW! - Cannot see EMMC in File Explorer - SOLUTION - Use Root Explorer, Astro File Manager, ES File Manager. (Its a MIUI v4 Bug) - Google Apps v10 includes FaceUnlock, Google-Gallery(Support of Google Photos) and other features... If you want any of these, flash the ZIP from post 3) - MMS Bug of SMS not reaching in first send. SOLUTION - Change View to List in Settings in Messaging APP. - USB Storage Mount doesn't work SOLUTION - Use ADB mode/AirDroid/DroidExplorer/FTP/any other mode to share files.
* MAJOR Market is giving FC [ I know its fixable, gonna try later to mix some stuff from other MIUI builds ]
* 1st boot gives some lags and video problems , but it will go away when system settles down
* Dont try to use torch from lock screen > it doesn't work [I know this is fixable ] , I recommend to use nolock [app] to disable lockscreen , until we get someone to help us, with this
* Use setcpu set to : 1200 and 500 [ on demand ] so you wont have SOD
* There is an android.process.media FC , when you plug phone to PC , I guess it is related to the USB Storage Mount issue.
* "hardware" keys, menu,back > are off [ no light ] , I think its caused by something @ imilka ICS ASOP [v02] , when he disabled the softkeys function , flashing his patch to get them back ON > doesn't work: don't try it !!!
* More ? please lets help each other to find out !
If someone wants to try it [on your own, I modified some stuff I don't use]:
INSTALLATION FROM @imilka ICS ASOP [v02]
Installation: 1. a) if you're on Gingerbread build: flash Chainfire ICS repack (http://www.mirorii.com/fichier/3/501...EPACK-tar.html) b) if you're on ICS build: do nothing 2. Upload aospgn02.zip into your sdcard 3. Reboot into recovery 4. Flash aospgn02.zip 5. a) if you was on AOSP ICS v01 and want to keep your data: do nothing b) if you was on any other build: wipe data using CWM recovery 6. Reboot and wait If you're stuck at bootanimation on first boot, reboot your device by holding power button
I am using it as a daily now !
I'm not a dev ,so cant give any support
SGN MIUI 4
Here is my alpha build based on Stok Galaxy Nexus S MIUI4 from miui.us and our unik CM9. To flash with CWM:
Here is a link for eybee's build based on Ady Scorpius build from SGS2
"here is the ICS MIUI I build on Friday as CWM flashable:"
thanks to faxe78 for making a miror for the NS and SGSII based builds:
Mobile data are not working in my build and on eybee's one too. I don't know which build is faster, but the two are are not for daily use.
!!!! It's an early Alpha. So, it's just for playing with MIUI4. I hope soon it will be better.
If you are not able to hang up, use the power button to turn on the ariplane mode.
If you want use CMW application, don't forget to install superuser.apk