Thanks to @adyscorpius for his MIUI4.0 [ SGS2 ]
Thanks to @imilka for his ASOP base !
Now we have these WORKING !
wifi > ok
Bluetooth > ok [ audio, and calls ] I used SE w600 to test it
3G data > ok
Phone app > ok [ no more FC's ]
Titanium Backup > ok
Full root > ok [ r/w , perfect ]
4-way reboot > ok
Call recording & playback > ok
Call proximity sensor > ok [ but I always to uncheck the: enforce Proximity sensor option ]
Battery % at status bar > ok
FROM @adyscorpius [ MIUI4.0 ~ SGS2 ]
KNOWN ISSUES AND WORKAROUNDS
- MIUI Themes don't work. SOLUTION - Create /data/system/theme to get it to work! Only themes supported for V4 (ICS) would work properly. However, lockscreens from older themes should work!
- Initially the permissions manager will ask for permission to Manage ROOT. Permit that.
- Market won't download big apps. SOLUTION - Go to Downloads > Settings > Deselect - Data Download Prompt.
- Titanium Backup not restoring backups - SOLUTION - Enable USB Debugging in Development, Unknown Sources in Security (Device Administration). IT WORKS NOW!
- Cannot see EMMC in File Explorer - SOLUTION - Use Root Explorer, Astro File Manager, ES File Manager. (Its a MIUI v4 Bug)
- Google Apps v10 includes FaceUnlock, Google-Gallery(Support of Google Photos) and other features... If you want any of these, flash the ZIP from post 3)
- MMS Bug of SMS not reaching in first send. SOLUTION - Change View to List in Settings in Messaging APP.
- USB Storage Mount doesn't work SOLUTION - Use ADB mode/AirDroid/DroidExplorer/FTP/any other mode to share files.
Market is giving FC [ I know its fixable, gonna try later to mix some stuff from other MIUI builds ]
* 1st boot gives some lags and video problems , but it will go away when system settles down
* Dont try to use torch from lock screen > it doesn't work [I know this is fixable ] , I recommend to use nolock [app] to disable lockscreen , until we get someone to help us, with this
* Use setcpu set to : 1200 and 500 [ on demand ] so you wont have SOD
* There is an android.process.media FC , when you plug phone to PC , I guess it is related to the USB Storage Mount issue.
* "hardware" keys, menu,back > are off [ no light ] , I think its caused by something @ imilka ICS ASOP [v02] , when he disabled the softkeys function , flashing his patch to get them back ON > doesn't work: don't try it !!!
* More ? please lets help each other to find out !
If someone wants to try it [on your own, I modified some stuff I don't use]:
INSTALLATION FROM @imilka ICS ASOP [v02]
a) if you're on Gingerbread build: flash Chainfire ICS repack (http://www.mirorii.com/fichier/3/501...EPACK-tar.html)
b) if you're on ICS build: do nothing
2. Upload aospgn02.zip into your sdcard
3. Reboot into recovery
4. Flash aospgn02.zip
a) if you was on AOSP ICS v01 and want to keep your data: do nothing
b) if you was on any other build: wipe data using CWM recovery
6. Reboot and wait
If you're stuck at bootanimation on first boot, reboot your device by holding power button
Still testing stuff
I am using it as a daily now !
I'm not a dev ,so cant give any support