XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which is the best rom so far and why???

Tip us?

mtva24
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianPreachr View Post
That's interesting....I tried playing around with the themes...and ended up losing my gallery app, tried reflashing over it, but it didn't come back. I then lost my text messaging app. After everything I tried, I had to safestrap back up to Dark Droid. I tried MavRom again and had the same problems. I've since given up on it. When I went to that thread, no one was really able to help me. Dark Droid will forever be my home.

I think people are missing out on the fact that a deodexed vanilla rom can be anything you want it to be. The built in options are nice, but the lack clear information hurt my feelings.

SN: Steel Droid is way too slow to be a contender for custom roms. Blurr was faster..
Yeah, that sure is strange. Did u wipe data, cache partition, and dalvik cache before flashing mav? Steel Droid wasn't slow at all for me, I deleted go launcher from the zip before flashing so I could use blur...it was cool but I got bored lol

Endoroid
Old
Thanks Meter 314
I found go launcher slowed my phone down. Got laggy although I like the amount of customization that it has

For some fun try or of the window phone 7 launchers.

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

ChristianPreachr
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtva24 View Post
Yeah, that sure is strange. Did u wipe data, cache partition, and dalvik cache before flashing mav? Steel Droid wasn't slow at all for me, I deleted go launcher from the zip before flashing so I could use blur...it was cool but I got bored lol
I did. I wiped dalvik cache twice, then again when reflashing. None of it helped. It was a cool ROM but only had 1 benefit over Dark Droid. That 1 was not enough to make me lose it.

DoubleYouPee
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianPreachr View Post
I did. I wiped dalvik cache twice, then again when reflashing. None of it helped. It was a cool ROM but only had 1 benefit over Dark Droid. That 1 was not enough to make me lose it.
Just 1?
Just the mavrom toolbox has many benefits over darkdroid;
-mem customization
- themes, switching between blur apps etc)
- adblocks
- switch blur apps

Plus mavrom is based on newer update.

I've flashed mavrom a couple of times and never experienced any issues with gallery (who uses the stock gallery??) etc, text messaging. Did you clear downloads?
Sounds like a user error to me

ChristianPreachr
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I can assure you, user error was not the issue. Customization is easy enough on a deodexed, rooted rom. And if customization is the benchmark of a rom, then people aren't looking closely enough. However truth can't be denied that Dark Droid is much faster MavRom.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

couchmonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Both my parents have D3 phones and I feel like giving em a quasi upgrade. Which from wold be good for them that is a daily driver that I wouldn't have to support every single second? I love helping em out with technology, hence them having D3 and not the iPhone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

beard0
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleYouPee View Post
Just 1?
Just the mavrom toolbox has many benefits over darkdroid;
-mem customization
- themes, switching between blur apps etc)
- adblocks
- switch blur apps

Plus mavrom is based on newer update.

I've flashed mavrom a couple of times and never experienced any issues with gallery (who uses the stock gallery??) etc, text messaging. Did you clear downloads?
Sounds like a user error to me
Speaking from my personal experience mavrom isn't the best..I aways had little problems with it but then again I haven't been on it for awhile so they may have been fixed lol

/Droid3