How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Which is the best rom so far and why???

OP trini.s2k

24th February 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #41  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianPreachr

That's interesting....I tried playing around with the themes...and ended up losing my gallery app, tried reflashing over it, but it didn't come back. I then lost my text messaging app. After everything I tried, I had to safestrap back up to Dark Droid. I tried MavRom again and had the same problems. I've since given up on it. When I went to that thread, no one was really able to help me. Dark Droid will forever be my home.

I think people are missing out on the fact that a deodexed vanilla rom can be anything you want it to be. The built in options are nice, but the lack clear information hurt my feelings.

SN: Steel Droid is way too slow to be a contender for custom roms. Blurr was faster..

Yeah, that sure is strange. Did u wipe data, cache partition, and dalvik cache before flashing mav? Steel Droid wasn't slow at all for me, I deleted go launcher from the zip before flashing so I could use blur...it was cool but I got bored lol
24th February 2012, 03:03 AM   |  #42  
Endoroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 314
 
1,457 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
I found go launcher slowed my phone down. Got laggy although I like the amount of customization that it has

For some fun try or of the window phone 7 launchers.

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium
24th February 2012, 06:18 AM   |  #43  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
178 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtva24

Yeah, that sure is strange. Did u wipe data, cache partition, and dalvik cache before flashing mav? Steel Droid wasn't slow at all for me, I deleted go launcher from the zip before flashing so I could use blur...it was cool but I got bored lol

I did. I wiped dalvik cache twice, then again when reflashing. None of it helped. It was a cool ROM but only had 1 benefit over Dark Droid. That 1 was not enough to make me lose it.
24th February 2012, 09:06 AM   |  #44  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
1,823 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianPreachr

I did. I wiped dalvik cache twice, then again when reflashing. None of it helped. It was a cool ROM but only had 1 benefit over Dark Droid. That 1 was not enough to make me lose it.

Just 1?
Just the mavrom toolbox has many benefits over darkdroid;
-mem customization
- themes, switching between blur apps etc)
- adblocks
- switch blur apps

Plus mavrom is based on newer update.

I've flashed mavrom a couple of times and never experienced any issues with gallery (who uses the stock gallery??) etc, text messaging. Did you clear downloads?
Sounds like a user error to me
24th February 2012, 09:38 AM   |  #45  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
178 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
I can assure you, user error was not the issue. Customization is easy enough on a deodexed, rooted rom. And if customization is the benchmark of a rom, then people aren't looking closely enough. However truth can't be denied that Dark Droid is much faster MavRom.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
24th February 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #46  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Both my parents have D3 phones and I feel like giving em a quasi upgrade. Which from wold be good for them that is a daily driver that I wouldn't have to support every single second? I love helping em out with technology, hence them having D3 and not the iPhone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
25th February 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #47  
beard0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
308 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleYouPee

Just 1?
Just the mavrom toolbox has many benefits over darkdroid;
-mem customization
- themes, switching between blur apps etc)
- adblocks
- switch blur apps

Plus mavrom is based on newer update.

I've flashed mavrom a couple of times and never experienced any issues with gallery (who uses the stock gallery??) etc, text messaging. Did you clear downloads?
Sounds like a user error to me

Speaking from my personal experience mavrom isn't the best..I aways had little problems with it but then again I haven't been on it for awhile so they may have been fixed lol

/Droid3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes