REQUIRED: ADB, fastboot, and all related drivers setup and working on your pc. If you do not have adb setup download this http://dinc.does-it.net/Guide_Root_N...b_fastboot.zip, and extract the files to some place like C:\adb and also download these required drivers http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.p...driver_install.
1. Head over to HTC Dev http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/.
2. Create a account or sign in (you must use your real email address).
3. Go to unlock bootloader.
4. Select “HTC DROID INCREDIBLE*”.
5. Follow the directions and install all the software provided and you will end up with a unlocked bootloader with s-on. Save a copy of the unlock_code.bin to your pc, so you have it after dooing the froyo ruu.
6. Enter FASTBOOT again on your phone.
7.Open the command prompt again on your pc to where adb.exe is. (ie. C:\android-sdk\platform-tools or C:\adb
8. Download this - CWM recovery 184.108.40.206 http://dinc.does-it.net/Guide_Root_N...t/recovery.img, and place it in the same folder as fastboot (where you put unlock_code.bin ie. C:\adb).
9. For simplicity’s sake rename the above file to recovery.img if it doesn’t already save it as recovery.img.
10. In your command prompt navigate to the folder containing your fastboot files and recovery.img
11. Enter the following in the command prompt:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
12. Once that completes navigate to recovery on your phone and press power to select it.
13. Once CWM recovery boots on your phone use the volume up and down to pick "Mounts and storage" press the trackball to select it.
14. Select "Mount usb storage".
15. Take this zip and drag it to the root of your SD card http://dinc.does-it.net/Guide_Root_New_Hboot/su.zip
16. On your phone press the trackball to unmount your usb storage.
17. Select go back.
18. Select install zip from SD card.
19. Choose zip from sd card.
20. Select the su.zip file we just downloaded and press the trackball to flash.
21. Reboot the phone.
22. Once your phone is booted go to the market and search "superuser".
23. Download and install superuser.
24. Search "busybox".
25. Use one of the busybox installers and install busybox (hit allow on the su notification).
26. Enter superuser app, press the menu button on your phone, select preferences, then scroll down to su-binary.
27. Hit update, and allow the prompt, if all the output is in green then you have full root congrats!!!.
For Those who wish to take it one step further and achieve s-off with unrevoked.
This process will format your phone I recommend making a nandroid, and running a program like Titanium Backup along with MyBackup to backup all your apps/data, and sync your contacts to google before you go any further.
28. Reboot your phone, and enable usb debugging.
29. Place these 2 files, unzipped on the root of your SD card. Do not put them in a folder, just drop the files right to your card. http://dinc.does-it.net/Guide_Root_N.../flash_mtd.zip
30. Set your phone to charge only.
31. Open the command prompt on your PC and navigate to the same folder as your fastboot files in the step above for example: cd c:\android-sdk\platform-tools\ or C:\adb
32. Type the following into the command prompt pressing the enter key at the end of each line:
You should get a dollar sign $
You should now get a pound sign #
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd0.img
33. Now set your phone to disk drive mode and place this zip on the root of your SD card (do not unzip) http://dinc.does-it.net/Stock_Images....1/PB31IMG.zip
34. Rename the above file to PB31IMG
35. Set your phone to charge only
36. At this step you have 2 options you can pull the battery of your phone and put it back in then hold volume down and pres power to enter the bootloader or you can go back to your command prompt and type the following:
adb reboot bootloader
37. When your bootloader is done loading press volume up to flash the PB31IMG.zip
38. Your phone will reboot the bootloader once during this process, don’t be alarmed just wait for it to finish, when done it will ask you to press volume up to restart the phone
39. When done remove the PB31IMG file from your sd card
40. Congratulations you are now back to stock 2.2 froyo
41. Put the unlock_code.bin file in the same folder with the fastboote.exe file if its not already there. Go to fastboot on the phone. Open a commant prompt to the folder where the files are.
42. Type the folowing:
fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin
43. Fastboot flash cwm recovery.img again.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
44. Flash the su.zip file thru recovery.
45. Flash the unrevoked forever s-off patch thru recovery http://dinc.does-it.net/Guide_Root_N...ed-forever.zip
You should now be rooted and s-off.