Post Reply

[APP] Sky Go for Android (UK ONLY)

20th February 2012, 05:27 PM   |  #101  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 518
 
1,291 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
So seem to be two groups of us here.

1. Those on unsupported devices but unrooted on stock ROMs.

2. Those on supported devices but rooted.
20th February 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #102  
Junior Member
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggle

If you were on 2.3.x then I could probably make it run on a Nexus, but the version checks are all over the place, ensuring you're not running anything higher than Gingerbread.

Any chance you could give it a go for my Gingerbread Original Galaxy Tab? :D
Last edited by csteinle; 20th February 2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Oops - obviously meant the Tab not the GNex
20th February 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #103  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorer

So seem to be two groups of us here.

1. Those on unsupported devices but unrooted on stock ROMs.

2. Those on supported devices but rooted.

1. Easy.
2. Can't easily see where this is being done ... Have a couple of theories.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by csteinle

Any chance you could give it a go for my Gingerbread Original Galaxy Nexus? :D

Will set up a proper DEV environment on my server and give it a go for you ... Trying to do anything on the laptop I'm currently on is exceptionally painful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squiggle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #104  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
410 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

To make it really simple all you should need to do is unroot (use Voodoo OTA RootKeeper app for temp unroot) and make sure you have changed your rol.build.description line in build.prop to be like sgs2 on 2.3.7 and it should work for you.

This needs to be documented properly as I dont think this is working.... well Ive tried this as well and it failed. :/
20th February 2012, 05:35 PM   |  #105  
Junior Member
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggle

1. Easy.
2. Can't easily see where this is being done ... Have a couple of theories.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------


Will set up a proper DEV environment on my server and give it a go for you ... Trying to do anything on the laptop I'm currently on is exceptionally painful.

Cheers. Obviously I meant the Tab not the GNex, which is unlikely to have stock Gingerbread...
20th February 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #106  
Have been investigating the protection. Found where it is, but it's not gonna be fun to try and work with
20th February 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #107  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Only Sky news working on my rooted SGS1 2.2.1 anyone found a fix that doesnt require unroot?
20th February 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #108  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
272 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
I've tried Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper on my Rooted HTC Desire and it hasn't worked.

This is probably one of the reason why its taken Sky so long to release an Android app (besides a sordid Apple exclusivity deal), so they can really lock it down.
20th February 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #109  
theos0o's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sitia
Thanks Meter: 7,034
 
1,587 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

Have been investigating the protection. Found where it is, but it's not gonna be fun to try and work with

Did you find where the root check is?
I've been looking around (just for fun ) but can't seem to locate it.

Even tried looking into the lib.

Give us a hint
20th February 2012, 06:04 PM   |  #110  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Build.prop

Ro.build.user=root

Quote:
Originally Posted by theos0o

Did you find where the root check is?
I've been looking around (just for fun ) but can't seem to locate it.

Even tried looking into the lib.

Give us a hint



Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android Apps and Games by ThreadRank