[APP] Sky Go for Android (UK ONLY)

OP mcdevtingz

24th February 2012, 10:47 AM   |  #861  
Thanks Meter: 121

526 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlooke

I had locked out my main account until March. That meant although I could delete my XBox I couldn't re-add my tab.
BUT, using the 'add additional users' workaround I was able to login and view Sky News...no other channels though ...YET!

yep dude your only allowed to erase each device slot to add a new device once per a month now b/c the latest rubbish T&C's.
So note to the people who don't have satellite box packages and only web subscription to Sky Go make sure you chose wisely b/c I believe you cant add extra users to account and so could end up being locked out for a month if you attach your 2 slots to android devices you cant get streaming.
Last edited by brainimpact; 24th February 2012 at 11:10 AM.
24th February 2012, 10:50 AM   |  #862  
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 8

123 posts
Anyone managed to get this working on a Moto Atrix?
24th February 2012, 10:55 AM   |  #863  
Flag chepstow
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
More
have been using gumbalds apk for the last few days, bit am getting increasing error 17a msg. Whilst watching sports, ain't to much of a problem just reload channel. I have noticed however it seems to do it on wifi and not on 3g. Is there a reason for this?
24th February 2012, 10:56 AM   |  #864  
Thanks Meter: 107

2,039 posts
More
seem the I brigade are kicking off big style on the sky forum as the only way sky can big correct in blocking rooted devices is by now blocking jail broken devices.Hopefully they will listen to the apple crowd and on the back of it they will remove the root block
24th February 2012, 10:58 AM   |  #865  
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 12

109 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy365

has anyone found a working rom and kernel combo that works on a hd2 please

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaskovski

Check a couple of pages back. Someone on a sense rom has.

this post...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=774

Looks like the HD2 and ICS doesnt work though. I suspect this is because of the Hardware Acceleration thing though.

I only have Sky News working at the moment because of the root restrictions, and I can't get OTA to make any difference when using the temp-unroot function.
24th February 2012, 10:59 AM   |  #866  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,465

5,746 posts
Donate to Me
More
Remember the apk on page 13 is now a version out of date, there is every possibility sky could cut old versions off to force updates which would be a deliberate act to stop people on other devices using it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #867  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England

5,746 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by combat goofwing

seem the I brigade are kicking off big style on the sky forum as the only way sky can big correct in blocking rooted devices is by now blocking jail broken devices.Hopefully they will listen to the apple crowd and on the back of it they will remove the root block

Lmao, not a chance when sky go first came out on apple it was blocked for jailbreak. What happened was jailbreak changed and their block no longer worked. All this has done is put them back to how it was meant to be anyway. Sky invest far too much time and money into their drm protection to let jailbreak and rooted devices work.

24th February 2012, 11:03 AM   |  #868  
Thanks Meter: 518

1,293 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingaB

Seems like the major devices left to get working are the HTC Desire (all variants), Asus Transformer and Motorola Xoom.

Hopefully they're be sorted by tomorrow

Feeling left out at the moment but lets hope it's matter of time before we can enjoy watching sky on HTC phones..

Yes it seems none of the HTC devices on Sky's supported list have been reported working still beyond Sky News unless they are on stock ROM and never been rooted.
24th February 2012, 11:04 AM   |  #869  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England

5,746 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonneil

I only have Sky News working at the moment because of the root restrictions, and I can't get OTA to make any difference when using the temp-unroot function.

That is because it detects more than just root, one theory is it detects custom recovery and other root flags that may be in the kernel.

24th February 2012, 11:05 AM   |  #870  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 48

474 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorer

Yes it seems none of the HTC devices on Sky's supported list have been reported working still beyond Sky News unless they are on stock ROM and never been rooted.

Yup I am aware of that but I refuse to go back to stock ROM! There is a reason why we all rooted in the 1st place you know...
Last edited by GingaB; 24th February 2012 at 11:07 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread