Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[MIUI] FAQs // Patches // Fixes // Solutions [UPDATED: 13/4]

OP NerdiestGeek

2nd April 2012, 12:56 PM   |  #141  
bscraze's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 704
 
2,459 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantkarandikar

Yes, I made backup with DDKP3 CF-root.

So my steps should be:

In MIUI v10.2 (say) > download mode > ODIN flash DDKP3

Let it boot.

Download mode > flash kernel -WHICH FILE AND HOW? OR I SHOULD SIMPLY GO IN RECOVERY AND RESTORE NANDROID BACKUP FROM SD CARD?

Sorry, if the above are stupid questions, but I simply don't get 'flash the kernel' because I am not aware of any separate kernel here like UC.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Flash ddkp3, then flash the kernel. Ddkp3 contains stock ddkp3 kernel and not cf root for ddkp3. Thus you need to flash ddkp3 cf root before restoring.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-i9003 powered by VurrutRom
The Following User Says Thank You to bscraze For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #142  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscraze

Flash ddkp3, then flash the kernel. Ddkp3 contains stock ddkp3 kernel and not cf root for ddkp3. Thus you need to flash ddkp3 cf root before restoring.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-i9003 powered by VurrutRom

OK, got it now! :)
Thanks a lot.
3rd April 2012, 09:04 AM   |  #143  
Senior Member
Flag Kharagpur
Thanks Meter: 47
 
297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
UPDATE!!!
@NerdiestGeek
v10.3 is out!!
Update your thread!
4th April 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #144  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 92
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyddroid

@NerdiestGeek
v10.3 is out!!
Update your thread!

Lazy as you were while updating your sig to say "10.3", I was busy - not lazy, to update the thread! It will be done soon, so I don't need you to tell me so!
4th April 2012, 07:49 PM   |  #145  
Senior Member
Flag Kharagpur
Thanks Meter: 47
 
297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdiestGeek

Lazy as you were while updating your sig to say "10.3", I was busy - not lazy, to update the thread! It will be done soon, so I don't need you to tell me so!

Excuse me? Do you keep a tab on me as when I update my ROM and all?
What are you kinda stalker?
I updated my sig when I updated my ROM.
And my sig is my personal asset.
Your thread will be viewed by hundreds. And if you do not update your thread, you are misleading them. AND THAT IS AGAINST THE RULES!!!
If busy you are, then close this thread and go home!!!
5th April 2012, 12:06 PM   |  #146  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 92
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyddroid

Excuse me? Do you keep a tab on me as when I update my ROM and all?
What are you kinda stalker?
I updated my sig when I updated my ROM.
And my sig is my personal asset.
Your thread will be viewed by hundreds. And if you do not update your thread, you are misleading them. AND THAT IS AGAINST THE RULES!!!
If busy you are, then close this thread and go home!!!

Let's not start a flame war on a FAQ thread. Most of the information available in the OP is still relevant to v10.3. By that I mean 95%.

I'm at home, I'll update my thread as frequently as I find the need for doing that. I only pointed the mistake in your signature (even though you did not switch to 10.3, or otherwise, I do not care), because you seem to be telling me what I'm supposed to do, which is un-needed.

Also, the title says the last updated date for a reason. Good day to you, sir.
5th April 2012, 02:27 PM   |  #147  
Senior Member
Flag Kharagpur
Thanks Meter: 47
 
297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdiestGeek

Let's not start a flame war on a FAQ thread. Most of the information available in the OP is still relevant to v10.3. By that I mean 95%.

I'm at home, I'll update my thread as frequently as I find the need for doing that. I only pointed the mistake in your signature (even though you did not switch to 10.3, or otherwise, I do not care), because you seem to be telling me what I'm supposed to do, which is un-needed.

Also, the title says the last updated date for a reason. Good day to you, sir.

Till yesterday, it said that the latest version is 10.2.
Anyway. I was not ordering you to do anything. Was just giving a helping hand. It was not supposed to be this way. Good day to you too.
5th April 2012, 03:45 PM   |  #148  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 92
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyddroid

Till yesterday, it said that the latest version is 10.2.
Anyway. I was not ordering you to do anything. Was just giving a helping hand. It was not supposed to be this way. Good day to you too.

My dear friend, the title of the thread said UPDATED: 24/3 that's the date I last updated the OP. I'm sorry if I was a little harsh but I'm suffering from chickenpox and it can get on my nerves. In any case the thread is updated now.
27th April 2012, 03:04 AM   |  #149  
sazrimz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
if i flash the v10.5 over 10.4..what need to wipe...cache or dalvik cache, need i to flash the add on again like xcloud, bravia, sd swap etc
16th May 2012, 01:56 PM   |  #150  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
I flashed rom miui 10.4 but recorder call not working?
I use kenel UC v10. Sorry for my E. thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faqs, fixes, jp miui, patches, questions
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes