Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Smart Screen Off 2.3

Tip us?

Pkt_Lnt
Old
Thanks Meter 1678
Downloaded the Lite version from Play, works fine.

Tried to get the Pro version, I cannot have it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1332783810624.png
Views:	363
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	966571  
Remember - XDA is trying to teach you to fish, not just give you a fish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active i9295 GSM /// [ROM][WIP/Experimental][AOSP][4.3.1] Google Edition for SGS4A (Int'l) /// Gravity Box [JB]
Google Galaxy Nexus i9250 GSM /// [ROM] [AOSP] Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P] /// Gravity Box [KK]
Google Nexus 7.2013 /// 4.4.4 [KTU84P] Stock KitKat (unlocked & rooted) /// Gravity Box [KK]

DDeleted
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Does your phone have a light sensor?
Or did you edit your dpi?

Pkt_Lnt
Old
Thanks Meter 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDeleted View Post
Does your phone have a light sensor?
Or did you edit your dpi?
No and No.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active i9295 GSM /// [ROM][WIP/Experimental][AOSP][4.3.1] Google Edition for SGS4A (Int'l) /// Gravity Box [JB]
Google Galaxy Nexus i9250 GSM /// [ROM] [AOSP] Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P] /// Gravity Box [KK]
Google Nexus 7.2013 /// 4.4.4 [KTU84P] Stock KitKat (unlocked & rooted) /// Gravity Box [KK]

DDeleted
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
You need to have a light sensor to install pro version

Pkt_Lnt
Old
Thanks Meter 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDeleted View Post
You need to have a light sensor to install pro version
Ok, well....... Thanks for the reply.

DDeleted
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Code:
Select Code
[1.9] Added "Show Digital Clock on screen on"   
        Minor Bug fixes
        Now is faster when enabling/disabling it from app icon

DDeleted
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Code:
Select Code
[1.9.1] fixed a bug with the clock feature
          added russian translation

Domesticus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Add exception - Can it be done?

From all the auto screen off and on apps I have tried so far this one suited me the best.
There only one drawback though, due to my personal use of the phone. I like to use cyberon voice in order to make calls, which I activate through my BT headset button. So when I have Smart Screen off running (with screen already off in my pocket) and I try to activate cyberon voice, the screen turns on for a while and almost instantly goes off again (due to the app) thus closing the cyberon as well . I tried the time delay but it doesn't seem to work in this case (with the flip cover already closed). I don't know if something can be done (like having the possibility to add an exception for some programs for example ... or any other solution).

DDeleted
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domesticus View Post
From all the auto screen off and on apps I have tried so far this one suited me the best.
There only one drawback though, due to my personal use of the phone. I like to use cyberon voice in order to make calls, which I activate through my BT headset button. So when I have Smart Screen off running (with screen already off in my pocket) and I try to activate cyberon voice, the screen turns on for a while and almost instantly goes off again (due to the app) thus closing the cyberon as well . I tried the time delay but it doesn't seem to work in this case (with the flip cover already closed). I don't know if something can be done (like having the possibility to add an exception for some programs for example ... or any other solution).
It would be possible to add app exceptions, but it would insanely drain battery. This is because the app should check every X milliseconds if another app is running. I take care about battery usage and with my app is really minimum (there are few people who complain about it ), so if i'd add such a feature, they will probably come here and kill me

DDeleted
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Code:
Select Code
[2.0]Added "set vibrate mode on screen off"
Set ring to vibrate mode only if sensor is covered
Vibrates only if the sensor is covered
Bug Fix (with timerdelay + landscape)
Added chinese translation