Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 39,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.3+][V3.1.1] BETA! | utter! | Your OFFLINE voice controlled personal assistant

Tip us?

mikemikemikexxx
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandall View Post
I'm English (UK) so we say customisation and colour etc - rather than use Americanisms/Americanizms!
Ah knew about the color/colour but not costomisation/customization.

I have another question, unfortunately I cannot get it to work offline. I went to go update Google Search (but it says not compatible with your device) and I tried manually downloading but it than says Parse Error : There is a problem parsing the package.

Are there any other recommended methods to get it working offline?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikemikemikexxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yoni45
Old
Thanks Meter 3
So, this might be me, but I've ready the tutorial and about 10-20 pages of this thread going back, and didn't find anything so... ^_^

When making a custom command, is there any way to dynamically pass parameters to activities? I know that when I choose an activity I can long-press it to pass parameters, but those have to be hardcoded into that command. Is there a way to formulate custom commands along the lines of "Set an alarm for (+paraHours) (+paraMinutes)", and then pass those parameters into the activity?

Or can that only be done with the default commands at the moment?

I was thinking perhaps doing it with tasker, but it looks like that only works via tasker initiation? That is, Tasker calls Utter for specific use which picks up utterance and uses it. There isn't a way to initiate a command through Utter to pass parameters to Tasker?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoni45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shawn13165
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemikemikexxx View Post
Ah knew about the color/colour but not costomisation/customization.

I have another question, unfortunately I cannot get it to work offline. I went to go update Google Search (but it says not compatible with your device) and I tried manually downloading but it than says Parse Error : There is a problem parsing the package.

Are there any other recommended methods to get it working offline?
The offline recognition is limited to devices with Jelly Bean 4.1 or 4.2 and have the newest google search with Google Now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shawn13165 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikemikemikexxx
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn13165 View Post
The offline recognition is limited to devices with Jelly Bean 4.1 or 4.2 and have the newest google search with Google Now
aww, poo sticks. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mikemikemikexxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shawn13165
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemikemikexxx View Post
aww, poo sticks. Thanks
Sorry, unfortunately its a limitation from Google.
The Following User Says Thank You to shawn13165 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KestrelX
Old
Thanks Meter 130
I did a thread search and didn't see an answer although it seems like it must have been asked before... my apologies if so..

Why can't I enable/disable gps if you can enable/disable wifi, bluetooth, mobile data, etc? Am I missing something super obvious?

thanks
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Safestrap, Dynamic Kat)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (stock. for now.)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (rooted, Freeza's ROM)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KestrelX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jamalsid
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Default Re: [APP 2.3+][V3.0.1] BETA! | utter! | Your OFFLINE voice controlled personal assist

Ben, is it possible for someone who has downloaded the offline speech files to post them so they can be side loaded so we test it on devices that can't download them officially? Just a thought and I have no ides if its possible.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamalsid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blakdrew
Old
(Last edited by blakdrew; 18th February 2013 at 08:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Default Re: [APP 2.3+][V3.0.1] BETA! | utter! | Your OFFLINE voice controlled personal assist

When I go to create commands and then open applications I get a bug alert..scroll slowly...fix coming soon message and nothing else. I am using Jedi Jelly 5 on s2

Never mind I just had to be more patient while it loaded the apps
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to blakdrew For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acezkn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default "Sorry but didn't hear anything"

I can't seem to get it to work. I've followed the instructions. Utter listens but keeps saying "sorry but I didn't hear anything"
What am I doing wrong?
I'm using Utter on a Galaxy S3 with stock ROM (version 4.2.1) latest version of Google search and the Ivona TTS engine.
The Following User Says Thank You to acezkn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GLDavis
Old
(Last edited by GLDavis; 18th February 2013 at 10:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 806

Are you holding the device when you ask questions? There's an issue when laying flat on a surface where the vibration is causing this problem.
You can also make sure you have the latest version of Google Voice Search.... Something like 2.4.1 installed and try again. You may have to reboot and then enable "visual results" in utter and make sure it's hearing your commands.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KestrelX View Post
I did a thread search and didn't see an answer although it seems like it must have been asked before... my apologies if so..

Why can't I enable/disable gps if you can enable/disable wifi, bluetooth, mobile data, etc? Am I missing something super obvious?

thanks
GPS is is like a system file and cannot be triggered simply by voice unless you use something like tasker and secure settings.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy SIII

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GLDavis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, command, speech, utter, voice assistant