Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,427 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PS VITA has arrived, will i ever use my Xperia Play again?

Tip us?

blonqe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question PS VITA has arrived, will i ever use my Xperia Play again?

My PS VITA arrived today and i cannot wait to get home to try it.

This got me thinking Will i ever use my Xplay again? Will i miss it if i got rid?

When i first got my Xplay (April 2011) i was over the moon, the potential this phone had was endless. Coming from a Palm Pre it had alot to live up against, (I Love webOS) I find myself with every phone wanting to play games, perfect fit i thought.

However nearly 12 months later and the games i still play the most are all on emulators, N64, PSX, etc all android games that are half decent end up being a let down (personal thoughts of course) GTA3, Dead Space Even (repetitive), all gameloft games!

Maybe i was sold on the hype and potential and not on the actual business plan Sony Erricson had for the Xplay, infact what is it for? causal gamers, emulator nuts? It annoys me that not all android games utilise the gamepad (this is one thing i expected to happen - Its only a litlte bit of code to add isn't it?)

The only real thing that has made me pick my xplay up in the last few months is the amount of support the devs have given it. Kernels, Custom Roms etc (I can do this on nearly any android phone)

I feel i can get rid of my Xplay now, i love android for its customisation options, maybe if there ever was a Xplay 2 they can get it right, make it a proper console like the vita which can make calls and i'll be happy.

My rant, debate, statement whatever i wrote is over.

However my question still remains Will i ever use my Xplay again? Will i miss it if i got rid? Wierdly...........

I think the answer would be yes i would miss it!
Xperia Play:LuPuS 1.4ghz / SmartassH3 / SIO + Gin2JellyBean = Smooth Gaming!!!

D.Spirit
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by blonqe View Post
My PS VITA arrived today and i cannot wait to get home to try it.

This got me thinking Will i ever use my Xplay again? Will i miss it if i got rid?

When i first got my Xplay (April 2011) i was over the moon, the potential this phone had was endless. Coming from a Palm Pre it had alot to live up against, (I Love webOS) I find myself with every phone wanting to play games, perfect fit i thought.

However nearly 12 months later and the games i still play the most are all on emulators, N64, PSX, etc all android games that are half decent end up being a let down (personal thoughts of course) GTA3, Dead Space Even (repetitive), all gameloft games!

Maybe i was sold on the hype and potential and not on the actual business plan Sony Erricson had for the Xplay, infact what is it for? causal gamers, emulator nuts? It annoys me that not all android games utilise the gamepad (this is one thing i expected to happen - Its only a litlte bit of code to add isn't it?)

The only real thing that has made me pick my xplay up in the last few months is the amount of support the devs have given it. Kernels, Custom Roms etc (I can do this on nearly any android phone)

I feel i can get rid of my Xplay now, i love android for its customisation options, maybe if there ever was a Xplay 2 they can get it right, make it a proper console like the vita which can make calls and i'll be happy.

My rant, debate, statement whatever i wrote is over.

However my question still remains Will i ever use my Xplay again? Will i miss it if i got rid? Wierdly...........

I think the answer would be yes i would miss it!
Congratulation on having PSVita

But I really don't care if you are gonna get rid of your xperia play or not.

sufy1000
Old
Thanks Meter 97
I suggest you keep your Xperia Play cause end of the day it's a phone and you can make calls with it AND just keep it because you have got emulators on it.

Rogue Leader
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Vita has arrived... and yet we STILL don't have the damn playstation store....

_terror_
Old
Thanks Meter 35
When Gameboy Advance came, did you miss your Gameboy color?
I've ordered a HTC chacha, because I miss the keyboard, and I feel that's petter then a gamepad, even if the chacha is not as powerful as the play.

I'm happy with my Vita and my chacha
My xperia play is in the box, ready to sell.

The Alpha Gamer
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Well you say what you pay the most on it is emulators, so yeah you'll still use it, you're not getting emulators until the Vita gets hacked, and even then the Xperia Play has more good games. At the minute the Vita isn't a portable games console, it's a portable Uncharted console.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Alpha Gamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sufy1000
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Agreed. Where's the Playstation Suite ??

ozzmanj1
Old
Thanks Meter 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufy1000 View Post
Agreed. Where's the Playstation Suite ??
Ditto. WTH

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Sniper Spr3e
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
playstation store will most likely be with ICS so everything is pushed to the play at once

also 3 hours vita vs upto 8 hours xplay best idea would be to keep both and try use the vita for vita games and everything else phone
Everything looks better with carbon fibre on it.....

bornotty
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Well I can understand your view. Even I've stopped gaming on my XPlay since gameloft slowed down on releasing new games for android.

And myself I'm planning to get the new Xperia S after few month's of its release or wait till the dev section in XDA gets little populated with custom kernels/roms etc. And I'm not sure about carrying another device(Vita) in my pocket except my phone.

But by next year hopefully we see an XPlay 2 with better specs and much better support but I highly doubt Sony will do that since it will create competition against its own product which is the new Vita.

But on the other hand I have fingers crossed for HTC to release a phone with gamepad. Why so? Because latest rumor has that some new HTC devices will get PS certified from Sony. Which means there are chances of another phone with gamepad or maybe it will simply be like a "PS certified" device like Xperia S. Which makes no sense at all.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk
Currently Using :-

HTC One (GSM)

Rom: MIUI V5 (Official)
Kernel: ElementalX 3.12.1

Accessories:

MOGA Pro Controller
Beats Solo HD

Previous Device :-

Xperia Play r800i (GSM)