USE S.onyTablet.S [ALLinONE] tool
Below guide/tool use as 'description'
We've got now ROOT. We can do a lot of things, which we couldn't do before.
But before you begin to make changes in system files, first you need to know few things.
Few users experienced "bootloop". Its brick state. There is no access to shell, no adb.
How to avoid that?
Yes, there is a solution. We need to get proper update zip for our device.
We also need to fool device, that it is a newer file, than the firmware in device.
How to, step by step:
- Of course, ROOT is required.
- To get proper ota-update-zip for your device you have to edit /build.prop:
- easiest way is via "Root Explorer", or directly via "build.prop Editor" (in market, free),
- do not use "File Manager HD" or other filemanager, which doesn't support root operations (thx kryddan),
- always make backup of files, which you are modifying,
- change value of "ro.sony.build.incremental" to lower one to fake firmware version,
- for example on my device newest firmware has: "ro.sony.build.incremental=111201022" - decrease that value,
in my case to 111201021.
- Reboot device.
- OTA update notification will appear - click on "Download" button.
- Wait until download finishes, but don't click "Update"!!!
I repeat - DON'T CLICK UPDATE! It will reflash firmware,
and you will have to make everything from the beginning (inc. root).
- Update zip is located in /cache/ota/signed-nbx03_.......zip - make a copy to safe place - external sd and/or in pc.
- Leave build.prop modified. IMPORTANT. Don't revert back changes.
To enter RECOVERY-MODE - power off device,
hold vol-down + power button.
When you want to flash your device, Sony Tablet is checking few things:
- is update zip proper one - signed one,
- is the update zip - for your region - SKU value,
- is the update zip is newer one than firmware in device - equal and higher will not update,
only lower - thats what we're faking.
If you will revert back build.prop = update will fail,
if you will try to update with other region update zip = update fail.
So if we stay with modified build.prop = we can just enter recovery,
and update from external sd card, to our downloaded update zip
Remember, that after reflash in recovery, your build.prop will be updated back
to higher value, then to be safe you need to reapply modification!
I have tested that "rescue-backdoor" on my own device,
deleted some system framework file - of course bootloop, without adb access.
Flashed through recovery - voila, device fixed
Of course, everything what you do with your device, you are doing at your own
risk. I'm sure that in 99% cases with "rescue-backdoor" you will fix your device,
always could be that other 0,01% case.
One condition for sure = build.prop file has to be correct.
You can disable ota update notification - which appears on every reboot.
To do this use "Titanium Backup" app, look for "System Update" app on list,
and use "Freeze" option
Any questions, suggestions - just ask
PS. I'm thining about writing auto-script for that...