AdamOutler's thread

Search This thread

anasdcool71

Apr 21, 2012
Jamshedpur
Sir, I saw your video "How to build an Android App Part 1". Towards the end of the video, you connect your phone to your PC and click on the play button, a dialogue box appears, where you click OK and the application then runs on your phone. But when I click the play button on Eclipse, it opens a new XML file called 'main.out'. Please help me!
Thanks!

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Sir, I saw your video "How to build an Android App Part 1". Towards the end of the video, you connect your phone to your PC and click on the play button, a dialogue box appears, where you click OK and the application then runs on your phone. But when I click the play button on Eclipse, it opens a new XML file called 'main.out'. Please help me!
Thanks!

you may need to update the SDK. Try reinstalling Eclipse Classic as well.

anasdcool71

Apr 21, 2012
Jamshedpur
I watched your second video too, sir. It's very hard to write a java program for an android app. I'm in class 10 and in our school we've started studying java since 9. So i could understand only 40% of the java program in your video. I guess i'll have to study java a lot more.

Sent from Anas's Galaxy Y using xda premium

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
I watched your second video too, sir. It's very hard to write a java program for an android app. I'm in class 10 and in our school we've started studying java since 9. So i could understand only 40% of the java program in your video. I guess i'll have to study java a lot more.

Sent from Anas's Galaxy Y using xda premium

The code is up online at xda-adk.googlecode.com. you can probly follow that a bit more easily.

Reactions: sach in

v-stromer

May 9, 2012
Cardiff
Hi I would like to say thanks for making some great videos for us,
There funny and educational.
I no every one seems to be going on about Azrienoch and Sassi leaving and xda tv changing.
But personally I like your type of videos better.
Thanks again.

Reactions: AdamOutler

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Adam, when android starts using c# instead of java will you also be doing a video tutorial on that?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

No. I dont want to deal with C# and it is not as refined as java. May show how to set it up but i have no intention of using it as a primary language. There is too much going for java.

Reactions: ephraim

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
I see. Even if google makes it as a standard language can we still use java?

We can cross that bridge when we get there. It would take something way bigger than the current Oracle case to do that. There's no reason to change languages now. Oracle must prove that their business is "damaged"... it's not, they tried several times to make a mobile OS and failed. They gave up. Google stepped in.

Reactions: ephraim

ephraim

Oct 6, 2010
Cebu City
Asus ZenFone 4 Max
We can cross that bridge when we get there. It would take something way bigger than the current Oracle case to do that. There's no reason to change languages now. Oracle must prove that their business is "damaged"... it's not, they tried several times to make a mobile OS and failed. They gave up. Google stepped in.

I see. Thanks for the answer. Will be waiting for your part 3 video on how to build an android app. Thanks! I really learned alot :D

Sedariya11

Aug 27, 2011
Mumbai
ASUS ROG Phone II
Hi Adam Sir,

I really liked your videos and i am totally noob to java but i followed your videos and made my first own app. I felt really happy and from that day i was searching for you to say thanks for helping us as it really made my day. I made one app for my GF where it had only one button and i changed the name of the button to "surprise" and when she clicked it the text msg came saying how much i love her and it made her day. She check that app everyday and gets very happy. Thank you so much for all this. I will be waiting fit your next video.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Hi Adam Sir,

I really liked your videos and i am totally noob to java but i followed your videos and made my first own app. I felt really happy and from that day i was searching for you to say thanks for helping us as it really made my day. I made one app for my GF where it had only one button and i changed the name of the button to "surprise" and when she clicked it the text msg came saying how much i love her and it made her day. She check that app everyday and gets very happy. Thank you so much for all this. I will be waiting fit your next video.

Congrats!

I did something similar for my dad on fathers day. I sent him a tablet with a custom application on it wishing him a happy fathers day.

yakie47

Account currently disabled
Feb 19, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hi Mr.Adam
one of the biggest unsolved problem here in xda is the problem of the "UKNOWN BASEBAND" on the galaxy s2, a lot of people believe to be a software problem & many others said that is a hardware problem as some of them claim that a small chip located next to the sim card slot on the motherboard gets corrupted which results the "unknown baseband" error, could you please shade some light on that & enlighten us what could be the source of such a problem..?
thanks.

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Hi Mr.Adam
one of the biggest unsolved problem here in xda is the problem of the "UKNOWN BASEBAND" on the galaxy s2, a lot of people believe to be a software problem & many others said that is a hardware problem as some of them claim that a small chip located next to the sim card slot on the motherboard gets corrupted which results the "unknown baseband" error, could you please shade some light on that & enlighten us what could be the source of such a problem..?
thanks.

You have an invalid EFS partition.

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Hi, Adam. I loved your videos. Very helpful to me as a starter, though I still could use a lot more help. ;)

Anyway, what I was actually gonna ask is that, my tablet, an Acer A500, has a pretty good development going on, and since it has a USB host port, devs have made it possible to use an External 3G USB stick on it. It works pretty well, but having that USB stick on it while using it on the go, is not very user friendly. I was wondering if it is possible to put the stick inside the tablet? I asked you because you said you focus on hardware modding.

One note, I have disassembled the tablet a couple of times, it's quite easy actually. I even painted it ;). Look here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1588625

Yeah. But youd need schematics. You would take the usb signal and split it before it goes to the usb chip.

santoshsadani009

Oct 17, 2011
Jabalpur
Hello sir,
I have followed your work from quite some time, and appreciate it a lot.
I have a Galaxy SL i9003 (OMAP 3630). Device has fair amount of development going on with some great dedicated developers working on it. But from past many days, development has been stopped due to no availability of kernel 3.0 although the sources are available. Devs are unable to continue because they don't know how to work with UART, and cannot build the kernel eventually. I read your guide on UART and thought it would be better to ask you here.

My question is, can you help the devs in any way possible to get the kernel atleast to boot?

The devs have a device ready to donate and can give the device to you if it helps you to develop for that device. Also, i am aware that you concentrate on hardware more and you do not have much free time because of being an elite recognized developer. Sorry if i troubled you or anyone in any way :). Thanks.

P.S. - Its a personal question, i don't represent i9003 community.

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Hello sir,
I have followed your work from quite some time, and appreciate it a lot.
I have a Galaxy SL i9003 (OMAP 3630). Device has fair amount of development going on with some great dedicated developers working on it. But from past many days, development has been stopped due to no availability of kernel 3.0 although the sources are available. Devs are unable to continue because they don't know how to work with UART, and cannot build the kernel eventually. I read your guide on UART and thought it would be better to ask you here.

My question is, can you help the devs in any way possible to get the kernel atleast to boot?

The devs have a device ready to donate and can give the device to you if it helps you to develop for that device. Also, i am aware that you concentrate on hardware more and you do not have much free time because of being an elite recognized developer. Sorry if i troubled you or anyone in any way :). Thanks.

P.S. - Its a personal question, i don't represent i9003 community.

Thank you for your interest in UART on the i9003. I am experiencing an unusually high PM volume on the i9003 at this time. While I would like to help out on all devices, I simply do not have time. I would recommend checking out some of my posts on utilization of external UART as well as internal uart.

Internal UART is more difficult to locate, but it provides a more permanent solution. External UART is easier to utilize on Samsung devices, but it must be disconnected to upload a new kernel.

Here is a diagram of external USB UART for Samsung devices.Using this diagram you should be able to construct your own UART device.
attachment.php

btw.. pass this on to your buddies. I've received 8 PMs about this today

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I generally focus on hardware topics. Got any information about new hardware you'd like to hear about? Any interesting new devices? Tips, tricks or techniques?

Post here and I will look into it.
    ^^ I'm not much of a kernel developer. Sorry.

Hey Adam how are you I just wanna ask you what it takes to be a developer,how much time does it need,is it hard??

Y U WANNA KNOW FROM WHERE SENT??
    It takes no experience, only determination. All the information you need is on google, XDATV and StackOverflow.com. Personally, I program with an IDE and Google.
    Adam, I'm looking forward to a segment on your work on the S3. I think it's an interesting story all the way back to that night on the irc channel when the funds for your tester S3 came magically from an anonymous donor. Keep up the good work sir.

I do videos every two weeks. So, this Wednesday is going to be Erica's video and next Wednesday will be mine on the GS3.
    Thanks!

you may need to update the SDK. Try reinstalling Eclipse Classic as well.
    Hi Adam Sir,

Congrats!

I did something similar for my dad on fathers day. I sent him a tablet with a custom application on it wishing him a happy fathers day.