FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

AdamOutler's thread

5,225 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,788

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I generally focus on hardware topics. Got any information about new hardware you'd like to hear about? Any interesting new devices? Tips, tricks or techniques?

Post here and I will look into it.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th May 2012, 06:26 PM |#2  
Flag Jamshedpur
Thanks Meter: 488

More
Sir, I saw your video "How to build an Android App Part 1". Towards the end of the video, you connect your phone to your PC and click on the play button, a dialogue box appears, where you click OK and the application then runs on your phone. But when I click the play button on Eclipse, it opens a new XML file called 'main.out'. Please help me!
Thanks!
9th May 2012, 07:14 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by anasdcool71

Sir, I saw your video "How to build an Android App Part 1". Towards the end of the video, you connect your phone to your PC and click on the play button, a dialogue box appears, where you click OK and the application then runs on your phone. But when I click the play button on Eclipse, it opens a new XML file called 'main.out'. Please help me!
Thanks!

you may need to update the SDK. Try reinstalling Eclipse Classic as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2012, 04:00 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cebu City
Thanks Meter: 1,045

More
I'm a big fan of yours Adam. Keep thos videos coming

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
10th May 2012, 05:35 PM |#5  
Flag Jamshedpur
Thanks Meter: 488

More
I watched your second video too, sir. It's very hard to write a java program for an android app. I'm in class 10 and in our school we've started studying java since 9. So i could understand only 40% of the java program in your video. I guess i'll have to study java a lot more.

Sent from Anas's Galaxy Y using xda premium
10th May 2012, 06:58 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by anasdcool71

I watched your second video too, sir. It's very hard to write a java program for an android app. I'm in class 10 and in our school we've started studying java since 9. So i could understand only 40% of the java program in your video. I guess i'll have to study java a lot more.

Sent from Anas's Galaxy Y using xda premium

The code is up online at xda-adk.googlecode.com. you can probly follow that a bit more easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2012, 09:45 PM |#7  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi I would like to say thanks for making some great videos for us,
There funny and educational.
I no every one seems to be going on about Azrienoch and Sassi leaving and xda tv changing.
But personally I like your type of videos better.
Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to v-stromer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 03:52 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cebu City

More
Adam, when android starts using c# instead of java will you also be doing a video tutorial on that?

11th May 2012, 05:12 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephraim033

Adam, when android starts using c# instead of java will you also be doing a video tutorial on that?

No. I dont want to deal with C# and it is not as refined as java. May show how to set it up but i have no intention of using it as a primary language. There is too much going for java.
11th May 2012, 05:44 AM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cebu City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

No. I dont want to deal with C# and it is not as refined as java. May show how to set it up but i have no intention of using it as a primary language. There is too much going for java.

I see. Even if google makes it as a standard language can we still use java?

11th May 2012, 02:25 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephraim033

I see. Even if google makes it as a standard language can we still use java?

We can cross that bridge when we get there. It would take something way bigger than the current Oracle case to do that. There's no reason to change languages now. Oracle must prove that their business is "damaged"... it's not, they tried several times to make a mobile OS and failed. They gave up. Google stepped in.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread