The Offical how I hard bricked my E4GT thread

21st February 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #11  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 915

1,578 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfal8705

I got the exact same thing but my sprint reps think that the screen went out and are trying to replace it.

Tell them to put the chip in a different housing and see if it works, if its the screen it would work in a different housing. I did that with my og epic..

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

We really should make a sticky, or a thread that says DONT USE TOUCH RECOVERY!!! and just keep bumping it up to the top.
21st February 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #12  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 152

1,223 posts
More
Yup CWM Touch killed my evo during restore and data wipe.. 1st it soft brick my phone and had to factory restore a .tar and now it finally killed my phone. gotta pick up my replacement tmmrow

And yes i was using a ICS FBXX rom during this
21st February 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 3

84 posts
What is the recommended way to flash to cm9 3.1 from the calks ics fb17 leak without bricking the phone?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
21st February 2012, 11:00 PM   |  #14  
Flag New York, NY

1,223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albe070

What is the recommended way to flash to cm9 3.1 from the calks ics fb17 leak without bricking the phone?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Flash Miui Rom then flash CM9. Dont use CWM touch at all.. just use a basic recovery like rogue or stock CWM
21st February 2012, 11:04 PM   |  #15  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 419

1,983 posts
More
Yep. Touch recovery seems to be the common denominator amongst the bricked phones. I was lucky enough to just get mine swapped out at a Sprint Service Center. I certainly won't be using CWM Touch for anything ever again.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackroseMD1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2012, 11:12 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando, Fl
Thanks Meter: 91

662 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackroseMD1

Yep. Touch recovery seems to be the common denominator amongst the bricked phones. I was lucky enough to just get mine swapped out at a Sprint Service Center. I certainly won't be using CWM Touch for anything ever again.

I think the culprit is using an aosp recovery while on a TWIZ ROM... I would avoid that because I bet that is the issue...
21st February 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 449

1,066 posts
Donate to Me
More
It doesnt seem to be just the Clock Work Mod Touch. It would seem that sbrissen thinks that in ICS the data partition or blocks are slightly different and this is causing errors when flashing ICS or back to GB from ICS. So id say for now stay away from ICS in general until this is completely sorted.
21st February 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #18  
Flag New York, NY

1,223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiKaiDo

It doesnt seem to be just the Clock Work Mod Touch. It would seem that sbrissen thinks that in ICS the data partition or blocks are slightly different and this is causing errors when flashing ICS or back to GB from ICS. So id say for now stay away from ICS in general until this is completely sorted.

so what do you say people do who have flash ICS and want to get back to GB without screwing up.. just use a .tar?
21st February 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #19  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 120

127 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can add me to the list...also was using touch recovery. I wonder what Sprint/Samsung is thinking about all of our E4GTs coming in for repair hahaha

Sent from my (temp) Desire HD using XDA App
22nd February 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 87

477 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAceAtlanta

so what do you say people do who have flash ICS and want to get back to GB without screwing up.. just use a .tar?

Yes. I odin back to el29 stock with root and then install cwm rogue then restore a previous backup. The process is bit much but better to be safe than sorry

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
official im an idiot thread
Previous Thread Next Thread