XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

[MOD] Fix Bug Sync Bookmarks + Browser 3.2.2 ◄► HC 3.2.x ◄► i957/P7300/P7310/P7320

22nd February 2012, 12:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Cagliari
Thanks Meter: 15

33 posts
ATTENTION: who intends to make these changes must have sufficient knowledge of the Android system also needs to know that these changes involve the loss of data such as "history", "favorite", cache navigation and browser configuration. Use of this guide is at the risk of those who apply, I will not be liable for damage or loss of more data on any device.

With this guide, we can resolve the problem of synchronization of stock browser bookmarks with Android Honeycomb (only for version 3.2.x no ICS 4.0.x) and replace the stock browser with version 3.2.2 much better. Of course you can replace only the browser, or only the files to fix the bug of synchronization without changing your browser.
We use a SGH-i957 with CWM, a file manager that allows you to manage files in the root of the tablet (superuser permission) and the two following files (pass:ikaro):

http://www.2shared.com/file/bpu-TkhR/Browser.html
http://www.2shared.com/file/U025RLLA...ncAdapter.html

These two files are taken from a MOD ROM for SGT P7500 and only work on Honeycomb 3.2.x (HC 3.2 or higher, no ICS). I tried both of which SGT P7500 SGH-i957 but I'm pretty sure it also works with P7300/P7310/P7320 (which I have not personally tested).

INSTRUCTIONS
  • We start by “force stop” the stock browser and “clear data”:

• We open the file editor, go to the dir "/system/app" and rename the files (so they can be reused if we want to restore the initial conditions):

Browser.apk ► Browser.apk.old
    Browser.odex ► Browser.odex.old
    ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk ► ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk.old
    ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.odex ► ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.odex.old

• Now copy the files you have downloaded “Browser.apk” and “ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk” in to root dir "/system/app" (note that these will have the same names of the files we want to replace):

• We check that the "permissions" of the two copied files are just like in the picture:

• Just restart your tablet in "recovery mode" select "advanced" then "wipe dalvik cache" and "yes":

• We exit the "recovery mode" then restarting the tablet (note that the first reboot of the tablet takes longer than normal). We find the browser icon (new) in the applications:

• We configure your browser to the google account to activate the synchronization of bookmarks (if you want you can also easily configure the "user agent" on the desktop):

Done!

IMPORTANT: check that in your browser Chrome "synchronized data" ARE NOT ENCRYPTED!!!

This guide is my small contribution to the community that uses the SGH-i957 but it can also be applied to European models SGT P7500/P7510 (tested personally) and SGT P7300/P7310/P7320 (not tested personally).

Max
Last edited by Ikaro; 10th March 2012 at 10:49 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ikaro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 09:35 AM   |  #2  
New York
Thanks Meter: 28

221 posts
More
I have the american model of the P7310 with the firmware available on this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1482996

This trick doesn't work for me, it does however change the graphics of the browser and adds the UA String selector in the settings.

MY bookmarks keep pretending they are syncing indefinitely like they did before.
6th March 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 240

1,690 posts
More
Nice job on this. How would this change with a deodexed rom though?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
6th March 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Novorossiysk
Thanks Meter: 13

28 posts
HI! if you can pls give us deodexed rom!!! We all need it!!!
6th March 2012, 11:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Cagliari

33 posts
ok DBBGBA
  • check that you have successfully replaced the file "ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk"
  • restart your tablet in "recovery mode" select "advanced" then "wipe dalvik cache"
  • Go to "settings> applications> manage applications" search "google sync bookmarks" and select "Force Stop" and "clear date". Restart the tablet.
  • Check that your bookmarks are present in your "dashboard" in "synchronization chrome".
  • In your browser chrome checks that the "synchronized data" are NOT encrypted

Let me know if you solve

Max
The Following User Says Thank You to Ikaro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 11:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Cagliari

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandoxpolice

Nice job on this. How would this change with a deodexed rom though?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

My files "Browser.apk" and "ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk" are taken from a MOD deodexed ROM for P7500, then there should be no problems if used in other deodexed ROM based on HC 3.2.x

Max
9th March 2012, 05:07 AM   |  #7  
New York
Thanks Meter: 28

221 posts
More
Solved. I had to disconnect my google account from chrome, delete the chrome syncronization from my dashboard and re-activate the sync on chrome.

Grazie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaro

ok DBBGBA

• In your browser chrome checks that the "synchronized data" are NOT encrypted

Max

I think this is the problem. On my chrome when I go to: Preferences > Personal Stuff > Sign In > Advanced... > Encrypted Data Types
I can't make a choice. Encrypt all synced data is selected and both options are greyed out.

Do you have any idea how to select "Encrypt passwords" instead?
Last edited by DBBGBA; 9th March 2012 at 05:13 AM.
9th March 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Cagliari

33 posts
Good Work DBBGBA!!!

Now your bookmarks are synced????
And your browser 3.2.2 is ok???

Max
10th March 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 13

262 posts