Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,511 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Damn Best Buy, you got me again!

Tip us?
 
madeSICC
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 404
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Damn Best Buy, you got me again!

Walked into best buy yesterday to buy a new washer and dryer. After that was all said and done I walked over to the mobile section wanting to get a look at the new Galaxy Note. Well 30 minutes later I walked out with a new ATT contract and a Note.
I still am under contract with sprint for another month but the reception in my area was just slowly getting worse and worse. AT&T has great coverage here so I figured I would give them a try. The only thing I will miss with sprint is unlimited data. But I rarely ever used more then 2gigs anyways.

The note on the other hand is a pretty awesome device, for a heavy texter it's a dream. And the screen is freaking beautiful. Battery life is amazing as well. Been unplugged for 12 hours and still 30%.

But when compared to the Photon it does feel inferior. As many of you probably agree, the Photon is a amazingly built device, inside and out. The note does feel like a step down, so I'mnot sure if I will stay with the note but I will be sticking with AT&T.

Anybody interested in buying a Photon?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App
 
Equalizir
Old
#2  
Equalizir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 274
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vegas
So does the note fit in your pocket?

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
 
moonzbabysh
Old
#3  
moonzbabysh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 350
Posts: 760
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mesa, AZ
How much are you asking for the Photon?

MoPhoACTV Initiative
MoPho CM9 + ReloadedICS - MotoACTV Rooted/Rom'd - SGTab 10.1" (I/O LE) CM9
Don't forget to click if a Member's been helpful.

 
madeSICC
Old
(Last edited by madeSICC; 22nd February 2012 at 01:10 PM.)
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 404
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equalizir View Post
So does the note fit in your pocket?

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Yes it actually fits pretty good. The only time it feels overly huge is when texting with one hand
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App
 
dsims7_2000
Old
#5  
dsims7_2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 835
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
What Brand Washer and Dryer did you get?

Kidding, whats up whit the note as I'm waiting on Sprint?

Samsung Galaxy Note II, stock, code name: "Cujo!" BoxWave Holster for protection!(siggy by DeedScreen)
 
KSmithInNY
Old
#6  
KSmithInNY's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 140
Join Date: Mar 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
You should have held out for the Samsung WS457 (washer) and DV457 (dryer) that are coming out this spring! Control my washer and dryer with my android phone ... count me in.
The Following User Says Thank You to KSmithInNY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dsims7_2000
Old
#7  
dsims7_2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 835
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
You should have held out for the Samsung WS457 (washer) and DV457 (dryer) that are coming out this spring! Control my washer and dryer with my android phone ... count me in.
This blows! Cool to play with washer, but what happens when load is done? Do you send IP to wife/girlfriend to put in dryer?

Samsung Galaxy Note II, stock, code name: "Cujo!" BoxWave Holster for protection!(siggy by DeedScreen)
 
KSmithInNY
Old
#8  
KSmithInNY's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 140
Join Date: Mar 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsims7_2000 View Post
This blows! Cool to play with washer, but what happens when load is done? Do you send IP to wife/girlfriend to put in dryer?
Let's take lazy to the next level, I'd set up a tasker profile which would automagically send a text to my GF when the app alerts me the washer or dryer is done.

Washer/dryer tells phone it's done > phone uses tasker to send text to GF > clothes magically appear in closet.

Winning lol
 
dsims7_2000
Old
#9  
dsims7_2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 835
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
Let's take lazy to the next level, I'd set up a tasker profile which would automagically send a text to my GF when the app alerts me the washer or dryer is done.

Washer/dryer tells phone it's done > phone uses tasker to send text to GF > clothes magically appear in closet.

Winning lol
You have serious issues! I hope your GF F**ks you up! (And stomps your Photon!)

Samsung Galaxy Note II, stock, code name: "Cujo!" BoxWave Holster for protection!(siggy by DeedScreen)
 
KSmithInNY
Old
#10  
KSmithInNY's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 140
Join Date: Mar 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsims7_2000 View Post
You have serious issues! I hope your GF F**ks you up! (And stomps your Photon!)
ROFL! Cheers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes