Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Comments about RO Acudroid V3 ICS Themed - 21/02/12 on Super Smooth Android 2.3.6 JQ9

Tip us?

mebkk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Comments about RO Acudroid V3 ICS Themed - 21/02/12 on Super Smooth Android 2.3.6 JQ9

Being a noob I am not allowed to post on the development forums...........

last night I upped my Galaxy Tab (Thai ROM) to Gengerbread 2.3.6 and Acudroid V3 ICS Themed.

1st I would like to comment about the instructions and the process:
My Tab is an important work tool for me - and I was a bit worried about bricking it and taking days to recover... BUT - I followed the instructions of Acubens - and where pointed to teamovercome.net kept following their instructions to the letter, and happily after a couple of hours my Tab was running 2.3.3 with teamover's ROM and later 2.3.6 with the Acudroid V3 ROM.

Restoring apps + data was fast and easy using Titanium and very soon I had my phone up and running just like I want it

As far as I can tell so far - seems everything is working fine - phone calls, sms, camera, email, GPS, wifi, GPRS, sounds and notofocations. As I didn't see and speed improvement I downloaded and installed no-frills CPU and overclocked the CPU to 1.2GHz - and now the Tab is FLYING.......

Now that I've done the up and ROM change - I hope to see more new ROMs for the TAB

wuf31
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebkk View Post

last night I upped my Galaxy Tab (Thai ROM) to Gengerbread 2.3.6 and Acudroid V3 ICS Themed.

CUT
ROM looks nice, I'm a noob too, would love to try Accudroid. Am using Hyperdroid right now. How's the battery life with Accudroid? Is it good?
acubens Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:

1st I would like to comment about the instructions and the process:
My Tab is an important work tool for me - and I was a bit worried about bricking it and taking days to recover... BUT - I followed the instructions of Acubens - and where pointed to teamovercome.net kept following their instructions to the letter, and happily after a couple of hours my Tab was running 2.3.3 with teamover's ROM and later 2.3.6 with the Acudroid V3 ROM.

Restoring apps + data was fast and easy using Titanium and very soon I had my phone up and running just like I want it

As far as I can tell so far - seems everything is working fine - phone calls, sms, camera, email, GPS, wifi, GPRS, sounds and notofocations. As I didn't see and speed improvement I downloaded and installed no-frills CPU and overclocked the CPU to 1.2GHz - and now the Tab is FLYING.......

Now that I've done the up and ROM change - I hope to see more new ROMs for the TAB

Thanks for put up this thread for new members of XDA, its good to hear you like the rom, if anybody has a problem or a question please post and ask here i will monitor this thread so i can assist if needed.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuf31 View Post
ROM looks nice, I'm a noob too, would love to try Accudroid. Am using Hyperdroid right now. How's the battery life with Accudroid? Is it good?
Battery performance is good same as any other rom with the same tweaks applied.

Cheers

mebkk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Small Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by acubens View Post
Thanks for put up this thread for new members of XDA, its good to hear you like the rom, if anybody has a problem or a question please post and ask here i will monitor this thread so i can assist if needed.

Cheers
So far 2 small issues I came accross -
1. Some notification sounds are not right - i had chrome2phone app and instead of just a short bip like it used to be - it was a non stop bipping for about 15 minutes. I removed the app and try to re-install only I can install it now for some reson. I installed for now the "browser 2 droid" instead, but the notification sound is the same 15 minutes non stop bipping...
Don't get sound notifications for "what's up", and on Gtasks. Probably some other apps that I didn't notice so far.
2. On some of the menus the text under the icons is white over white so can't see it before actually pressing it...

as for battery life - seems a shorter than the stock ROM I used before, but that might be becuase I play with the phone a bit more now...

mebkk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
1. Some notification sounds are not right - i had chrome2phone app and instead of just a short bip like it used to be - it was a non stop bipping for about 15 minutes. I removed the app and try to re-install only I can install it now for some reson. I installed for now the "browser 2 droid" instead, but the notification sound is the same 15 minutes non stop bipping...
Don't get sound notifications for "what's up", and on Gtasks. Probably some other apps that I didn't notice so far.
2. On some of the menus the text under the icons is white over white so can't see it before actually pressing it...

as for battery life - seems a shorter than the stock ROM I used before, but that might be becuase I play with the phone a bit more now...
** I just saw you already answered for the menus problem. I am downloading the update right now... **

MAAAG
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi acubens,
right now i am using v3.1, but u already update to v3.1.1 wipe version.my question:
-why dont hav no wipe version?
-if i update to v3.1.1 wipe version, all my data & software missing?
acubens Old
(Last edited by acubens; 27th February 2012 at 02:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAAAG View Post
hi acubens,
right now i am using v3.1, but u already update to v3.1.1 wipe version.my question:
-why dont hav no wipe version?
-if i update to v3.1.1 wipe version, all my data & software missing?
Hi,

To reduce the issues i only make wipe versions from now on, and nowipe will not be available. I know it is some work but see it this way i have a lot of work to make the rom available, so all i ask from you if you like to use the rom to make an backup and flash a wipe version and it is worth the trouble i think.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote:

Hi, i will look into the sound problem you have, maybe those apps uses the default sound scheme of gingerbread and i have change that, so can you tell which sound they use of the system? And can you not change the settings in that app to use other sounds?

Menu is fixed as you noticed already,

If i have an update for your sound issue i will let you know..

Cheers

mebkk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by acubens View Post
Hi, i will look into the sound problem you have, maybe those apps uses the default sound scheme of gingerbread and i have change that, so can you tell wich sound they use of the system? And can you not change the settings in that app to use other sounds?

Menu is fixed as you noticed already,

If i have an update for your sound issue i will let you know..

Cheers
there is no setting menus for those 2 apps so can't change anything. The chrome2phone was working fine on my original ROM (froyo)

almotssem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
isn`t there is Android 2.3.7 for the galaxy tab
can you use it in the next update?
but i think this is a great job you`ve done
acubens Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by almotssem View Post
isn`t there is Android 2.3.7 for the galaxy tab
can you use it in the next update?
but i think this is a great job you`ve done
2.3.7 is not available for our TAB, and i dont know if 2.3.7 will be available soon or at all but if it is i will make a rom if possible.

Cheers