[Q] HELP!!

22nd February 2012, 10:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Port Orchard, WA
Thanks Meter: 8

242 posts
More
So i fallowed the instructions to install the Arctic Rom via the xda link. I downloaded the the rom to my pc then transferred it to my external sd card, did the steps the page told me to.(wipe/reset factory, wipe cache) Then I looked for the arctic rom i transferred to my external. Couldnt find it anywhere so i restored the backup i just did and now my phone will only boot into my bootloader saying that my device is locked. Does this mean that i bricked my phone? If not what can i do?
23rd February 2012, 07:00 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Port Orchard, WA

242 posts
More
I love how no one ever replies to any of my posts on xda anymore. It doesnt matter which forum or what about i just have tons of ppl viewing my posts but no replies.
23rd February 2012, 07:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 12

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briteyez83

So i fallowed the instructions to install the Arctic Rom via the xda link. I downloaded the the rom to my pc then transferred it to my external sd card, did the steps the page told me to.(wipe/reset factory, wipe cache) Then I looked for the arctic rom i transferred to my external. Couldnt find it anywhere so i restored the backup i just did and now my phone will only boot into my bootloader saying that my device is locked. Does this mean that i bricked my phone? If not what can i do?

im not 100% sure but if any info i learned with a thunderbolt and a xoom i think your screwed since the bootloader is not unlocked

From what i have learned if the bootloader is not unlocked it wont allow unsigned code to run ( which is that rom)
23rd February 2012, 07:42 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Port Orchard, WA

242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnc8651

im not 100% sure but if any info i learned with a thunderbolt and a xoom i think your screwed since the bootloader is not unlocked

From what i have learned if the bootloader is not unlocked it wont allow unsigned code to run ( which is that rom)

I think i bricked it. So until an sbf, oneclick restore or unbrick is developed the phone is of no use to me. Sucks cause i just bought it on the 17th and had just rooted it. For now im using the good ole D1.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread