Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 54,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP!!

Tip us?

Briteyez83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] HELP!!

So i fallowed the instructions to install the Arctic Rom via the xda link. I downloaded the the rom to my pc then transferred it to my external sd card, did the steps the page told me to.(wipe/reset factory, wipe cache) Then I looked for the arctic rom i transferred to my external. Couldnt find it anywhere so i restored the backup i just did and now my phone will only boot into my bootloader saying that my device is locked. Does this mean that i bricked my phone? If not what can i do?

Briteyez83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I love how no one ever replies to any of my posts on xda anymore. It doesnt matter which forum or what about i just have tons of ppl viewing my posts but no replies.

jnc8651
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briteyez83 View Post
So i fallowed the instructions to install the Arctic Rom via the xda link. I downloaded the the rom to my pc then transferred it to my external sd card, did the steps the page told me to.(wipe/reset factory, wipe cache) Then I looked for the arctic rom i transferred to my external. Couldnt find it anywhere so i restored the backup i just did and now my phone will only boot into my bootloader saying that my device is locked. Does this mean that i bricked my phone? If not what can i do?
im not 100% sure but if any info i learned with a thunderbolt and a xoom i think your screwed since the bootloader is not unlocked

From what i have learned if the bootloader is not unlocked it wont allow unsigned code to run ( which is that rom)
8125 ----> att tilt cracked screen ( i miss my tilt ) ----> att fuze (digitiser is eff'ed) -----> sh1tty samsung x427m ------> att touch pro2 { lost } ---> iphone 3g :/ ----> att touch pro 2 ---> tmo htc hd2 ---> htc thunderbolt ( sold) --> Moto Droid 4+ motorola xoom ( with lte installed) ---> moto xoom ( with LTE) and a verizon samsung galaxy s3 (blue 32gb)

Briteyez83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnc8651 View Post
im not 100% sure but if any info i learned with a thunderbolt and a xoom i think your screwed since the bootloader is not unlocked

From what i have learned if the bootloader is not unlocked it wont allow unsigned code to run ( which is that rom)
I think i bricked it. So until an sbf, oneclick restore or unbrick is developed the phone is of no use to me. Sucks cause i just bought it on the 17th and had just rooted it. For now im using the good ole D1.