Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,662 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UNLOCK] Unlocked bootloader

Tip us?
 
newellj79
Old
#101  
newellj79's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 2,057
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by smw6180 View Post
Yep. That's what it says alright. Sucks. Oh well. ADH is the only warranty that would sorta work for bootloader locks too.
Yep. Thought I would never need this so I didn't buy it originally. Now I wish I had, for a variety of reasons.
 
dodge972
Old
(Last edited by dodge972; 10th March 2012 at 12:31 PM.) Reason: I have tf201 also
#102  
dodge972's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 77
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Okeechobee, Florida
It does not say any where that you have to purchased ADH with in 30 days of product. What it does say is you can not put a claim on it in the first 30 days if you purchased it after 30 days. For example you purchased your prime and square trade warranty on Jan 1, 2012. You broke it, Bork it you can turn it in any time.

Example 2 you purchased prime Jan 1, 2012 and been playing with, somebody told you about square trade its now March 1,2012 you decided to go with square trade. You within your 90 days, so you purchased square trade March 1, 2012. You just dropped your prime accidentally march 15, 2012. Well square trade said if you didn't purchase us on the day you purchase your prime, that you can not use ADH for the first 30 days which means all of March You can not use your ADH but April 1,2012 your 30 days is up and we could honor your claim


Thats what I get out of it

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

I need tourist signature
Sprint Samsung galaxy S4 with sacs

Asus Transformer Prime rooted and unlocked running Hairy Beans V1.2
[/CENTER]
 
newellj79
Old
#103  
newellj79's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 2,057
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge972 View Post
It does not say any where that you have to purchased ADH with in 30 days of product. What it does say is you can not put a claim on it in the first 30 days if you purchased it after 30 days. For example you purchased your prime and square trade warranty on Jan 1, 2012. You broke it, Bork it you can turn it in any time.

Example 2 you purchased prime Jan 1, 2012 and been playing with, somebody told you about square trade its now March 1,2012 you decided to go with square trade. You within your 90 days, so you purchased square trade March 1, 2012. You just dropped your prime accidentally march 15, 2012. Well square trade said if you didn't purchase us on the day you purchase your prime, that you can not use ADH for the first 30 days which means all of March You can not use your ADH but April 1,2012 your 30 days is up and we could honor your claim


Thats what I get out of it

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

I need tourist signature

I have a pretty good comprehension level and this clearly says that ADH must be bought within 30 days of item purchase.

" Warranties on Retail items can be purchased within 90 days of item purchase. However, if your item is eligible for, and you'd like our Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) coverage your purchase window is reduced to within 30 days of the item purchase date."
 
scook9
Old
#104  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 158
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by newellj79 View Post
I have a pretty good comprehension level and this clearly says that ADH must be bought within 30 days of item purchase.

" Warranties on Retail items can be purchased within 90 days of item purchase. However, if your item is eligible for, and you'd like our Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) coverage your purchase window is reduced to within 30 days of the item purchase date."
I bought ADH 2 months after buying and they activated the warranty.....don't read too much into something
Google Nexus 5
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Droid Incredible

Google Nexus 7 2013
Asus EEE Pad Tranformer Prime w/ keyboard dock
 
newellj79
Old
(Last edited by newellj79; 10th March 2012 at 07:05 PM.)
#105  
newellj79's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 2,057
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scook9 View Post
I bought ADH 2 months after buying and they activated the warranty.....don't read too much into something
Really? I' going to give them a call right now. If it's now to late to get it I would really like to.


EDIT... just got off the phone with them and sure enough, they will sell the ADH to products bought new for 90 days. My apologies. Needless to say I'm probably going to buy one tonight, maybe unlock the bootloader too
 
scook9
Old
#106  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 158
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by newellj79 View Post
Really? I' going to give them a call right now. If it's now to late to get it I would really like to.
I got my prime from a guy who had 2 preordered from different places just in case. He had got the one I bought from Amazon. I called up SquareTrade and they told me just go on amazon and order a warranty. I did and then emailed them the receipt (he had provided it to me) from amazon for the tablet purchase, they activated the warranty without a hiccup.
Google Nexus 5
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Droid Incredible

Google Nexus 7 2013
Asus EEE Pad Tranformer Prime w/ keyboard dock
 
dodge972
Old
(Last edited by dodge972; 10th March 2012 at 10:10 PM.)
#107  
dodge972's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 77
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Okeechobee, Florida
I assume dude you can not read it states it clearly. I did purchased mine in January and I have the ADH when I purchased square trade in March and 4 days latter square trade called me to make sure I am happy and if I had any other questions. Dude ****ING read don't add anything to it, just read it plain old English
Sprint Samsung galaxy S4 with sacs

Asus Transformer Prime rooted and unlocked running Hairy Beans V1.2
[/CENTER]
 
newellj79
Old
#108  
newellj79's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 2,057
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge972 View Post
I assume dude you can not read it states it clearly. I did purchased mine in January and I have the ADH when I purchased square trade in March and 4 days latter square trade called me to make sure I am happy and if I had Panetta questions. Dude ****ING read d don't add anything to it, just read
ha... maybe a valium for you buddy.
 
dodge972
Old
#109  
dodge972's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 77
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Okeechobee, Florida
OK so you need reading teacher case close and quite misleading people get your facts up front before you start lecturing about something you clearly have no idea about it.
Sprint Samsung galaxy S4 with sacs

Asus Transformer Prime rooted and unlocked running Hairy Beans V1.2
[/CENTER]
 
newellj79
Old
#110  
newellj79's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 2,057
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge972 View Post
OK so you need reading teacher case close and quite misleading people get your facts up front before you start lecturing about something you clearly have no idea about it.
Real quick for giggles, you did read the link right? The one where it does say thirty days, which is what i was claiming it said. And then, you did read the edit right? The one were it says I called and found out the info on there sight is wrong, and that you can buy it for up to 90 days. ****, I even apologised for correctly quoting there own website. I'm laughing about this with my 17 month old daughter. What case? Don't answer it, or do, I'll let you have the last word. This was silly. I hate when I allow my self to be sucked into this kind of thing. Good day to you friend.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes