Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What happend to Sacred Odyssey!?

Tip us?
 
ozzmanj1
Old
#1  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1495
Posts: 3,543
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Default [Q] What happend to Sacred Odyssey!?

It has been a long time since I had looked at the Gameloft wapshop and so I went to reownload some of my games that I had purchased before. I had at one time bought Sacred Odyssey but now its missing from my downloads and no longer showing up in the store. I sent an email requesting they send me the apk for it. Anyone know why that GL game is no longer showing up? I bought it but never played it, hence why I was wanting to start playing it.
 
TLRtheory
Old
#2  
TLRtheory's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 703
Posts: 1,048
Join Date: Aug 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
The purchase history system of the wapshop just sucks... it often purges things from the list after a month of purchase. It's still in their records, and likely in yours too depending on what method of payment you used, but they're largely relying on you to keep your APK backed up. Sacred Odyssey's still in your purchase history, you just can't see it from that page.

If they're gonna be so resistant to move ALL their games to the official Android market, they need to at least make an Amazon Appstore style app that you can log in to, purchase games, view trophies, read/reply to messages/friend requests and view complete purchase history.

My Technology Web-Blog: http://verytechnical.wordpress.com - Very Technical
My Xperia Play Website: http://xperiaplaygamer.net - Xperia Play Gamer
The Following User Says Thank You to TLRtheory For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ozzmanj1
Old
#3  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1495
Posts: 3,543
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRtheory View Post
The purchase history system of the wapshop just sucks... it often purges things from the list after a month of purchase. It's still in their records, and likely in yours too depending on what method of payment you used, but they're largely relying on you to keep your APK backed up. Sacred Odyssey's still in your purchase history, you just can't see it from that page.

If they're gonna be so resistant to move ALL their games to the official Android market, they need to at least make an Amazon Appstore style app that you can log in to, purchase games, view trophies, read/reply to messages/friend requests and view complete purchase history.
I got my Sacred Odyssey apk in an email, and all it does it force close. I can download the files, but then everytime I attempt to load the game it force closes, even wiping the games cache and trying again, same results. Any ides?
 
TLRtheory
Old
#4  
TLRtheory's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 703
Posts: 1,048
Join Date: Aug 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
That game's known for having spotty reliability.

Sometimes, it'll FC too much to even get through one dungeon... then there's other times when I can play it for a couple hours without any problems.

My Technology Web-Blog: http://verytechnical.wordpress.com - Very Technical
My Xperia Play Website: http://xperiaplaygamer.net - Xperia Play Gamer
 
ozzmanj1
Old
#5  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1495
Posts: 3,543
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRtheory View Post
That game's known for having spotty reliability.

Sometimes, it'll FC too much to even get through one dungeon... then there's other times when I can play it for a couple hours without any problems.
Is there any kind of a work around?
 
ozzmanj1
Old
#6  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1495
Posts: 3,543
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Not sure if I can asl this, but does anyone hapen to have the sd card files of this game? I have been stuck at 1mb forever and all it does is say "A problem occurred and the download could not be started... blah blah blah.
 
UndisputedGuy
Old
#7  
UndisputedGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 209
Posts: 8,184
Join Date: Dec 2011
It worked fine for me. It's even on the wapshop.

Sent from my R800i using XDA App
 
ozzmanj1
Old
#8  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1495
Posts: 3,543
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaUndisputed View Post
It worked fine for me. It's even on the wapshop.

Sent from my R800i using XDA App
I am on Verizon, 2.3.3 Apparently 2.3.3 it does not work, but 2.3.2 or 2.3.4 and above it does work. I see it in my gameloft wapshop but after downloading it and trying to install the sd card files are stuck at 1mb remaining and wil not download anymore. Even then my friend has rhe same phone on 2.3.3 Verizon and it wont even load up the game. I borrowed his files and same with mine, it force closes every time. I think it was TL Thery said its an issue that GL has yet to fix. So I paid $5 for a game that is useless to me.
 
UndisputedGuy
Old
#9  
UndisputedGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 209
Posts: 8,184
Join Date: Dec 2011
Have you tried contacting gameloft? I find them to be quite useful thus far
 
ozzmanj1
Old
#10  
ozzmanj1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1495
Posts: 3,543
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaUndisputed View Post
Have you tried contacting gameloft? I find them to be quite useful thus far
Yes, I have. 3 times, and 2 thread posts on their forums. No response. I once had a reply to an email 5 months after I sent it and by that time I already had a new phone and was told I would need to re-buy all my games. That is ridiculous
Money grabbers, I just wish to God they would support the android market completely and stop this crap.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes