5,596,354 Members 38,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Video Maker on AT&T Galaxy Note I717

Tip us?

SMARTPHONEPC
Old
(Last edited by SMARTPHONEPC; 22nd February 2012 at 09:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Arrow [Q] Video Maker on AT&T Galaxy Note I717

Another WTF WHY moment.. in addition to no Screen Mode - no wonder I was also having a hard time locating the Video Maker..

Anyone with the AT&T version get the Video Maker APK working from an international version?

Can anyone with the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 backup the APK with file expert etc & upload it to this forum or link it somewhere to see how it runs on the AT&T Galaxy Note I717 .. -Thnx

Related thread I just found in the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Q&A forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1505709

greyhulk
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTPHONEPC View Post
Another WTF WHY moment.. in addition to no Screen Mode - no wonder I was also having a hard time locating the Video Maker..

Anyone with the AT&T version get the Video Maker APK working from an international version?

Can anyone with the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 backup the APK with file expert etc & upload it to this forum or link it somewhere to see how it runs on the AT&T Galaxy Note I717 .. -Thnx

Related thread I just found in the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Q&A forum:

Yeah, I've submitted two threads about this (one here, one at Androidcentral) to see if anyone knew where I could get it. Of course, I had my Note earlier than most people so it was a bit premature and the threads got buried. I really want the Video maker app. It looks like iMovie.

endine
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Theres a thread about the video app on here already, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1496452 Unfortunately the .apk doesn't work
Phone Junkie: In the last year and a bit.
Galaxy Note LTE (current),Galaxy Nexus, Infuse 4G, Evo 3D, Galaxy S2 i9100, iphone 4 16GB & 32GB, Nexus S, Desire HD

SMARTPHONEPC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by endine View Post
Theres a thread about the video app on here already, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1496452 Unfortunately the .apk doesn't work
That thread does not appear to link to the .apk from the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000..I'll try to email Zedomax if these forums don't come through soon..

Earthdog
Old
Thanks Meter 76

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTPHONEPC View Post

So I am plowing through an International ROM and have found the lib file for the video editor but I can't find the APK. Anyone know if the Editor is part of the Video Player on the international? I found that APK...
Quotes to Live by:

If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying about it. If it can't be solved, worrying will do no good.

Don't complain unless you are willing to offer a solution and participate in the solution. If not then SHUTUP!!!

SMARTPHONEPC
Old
(Last edited by SMARTPHONEPC; 22nd February 2012 at 10:02 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhulk View Post
Yeah, I've submitted two threads about this (one here, one at Androidcentral) to see if anyone knew where I could get it. Of course, I had my Note earlier than most people so it was a bit premature and the threads got buried. I really want the Video maker app. It looks like iMovie.
Funny you say that, you think Samsung is worried about additional legal battles with the litigious Apple if they include this Movie Maker app in the US market (like the physical home button issue)?

I'd appreciate a better understanding of the rationale behind all these differences between the SGNote models.

I'd heard a rumor that this missing Movie Maker app as well as missing screen mode may not run well on the AT&T Galaxy Note I717 hardware hence they were removed but the rumor remains totally uncorroborated..

SMARTPHONEPC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1505709&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthsdog View Post
Thank you I got it
So could you or anyone confirm how well it runs on the AT&T Galaxy Note I717 .. -Thnx

I'd decided to wait at least until after MWC next week before deciding on any SGNote-upgrade..otherwise I'd try that "TrimApp.apk" & report back to the forum how well the international Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Video Maker works on the AT&T Galaxy Note I717..

nymviper1126
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I would LOVE to adjust the display settings, the colors need to come way down. Most people love that colors POP but being oversaturated is such a turn off for me. I didnt even know you could adjust on any phone

I WANT THIS FEATURE!

inconceivable
Old
Thanks Meter 23
It could have been an issue with the different processor/GPU in the LTE version versus the International. Maybe they could get the apps to play nice with their own internals but couldn't get them to work right with Qualcomm's?

thinguy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymviper1126 View Post
I would LOVE to adjust the display settings, the colors need to come way down. Most people love that colors POP but being oversaturated is such a turn off for me. I didnt even know you could adjust on any phone

I WANT THIS FEATURE!
I agree. Some colors, like the cnn.com red header seem over saturated and neon.
But I still love my Note. Setting up my old iPhone4 for my daughter as an iPod and the screen was soooo small. I felt like a toy. No way I could go back.