ATTENTION: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II General Guide/Walkthrough/FAQ/hints and tips
This is going to serve as a reference guide and will be linked to already existing threads/topics with ongoing discussions, so please feel free to post in the correct topic if you have any concerns or questions.
Welcome to the AT&T Galaxy S II General Section. Here you will be able to find almost all the necessary information on how to hack/mod/root/tweak your phone so that it fits your needs.
Before anything, make sure you real the XDA RULES
. These rules go for every forum on XDA and will be enforced. Pay close attention to Rule #1... read it, then read it again. Also be sure to check for other Forum Specific Rules
that will be enforced be the Moderators here.
There are 6 forums here:
- General <--- For all i777 related General Purpose
- Q&A <--- Have a question or need something answered? Search first, then post here
- Accessories <--- All i777 related accessory topics go here
- Original i777 Development <--- Only Original i777 AT&T/Samsung based Development is to be posted here
- Ported i777 Development <--- All Hellraised, Flashohilic'd or ported kernels/roms go here
- Themes and Apps <--- All i777 related themes, hacks and apps go in here
These forums have been put together to so that you may find what you are looking for and not have to spend hours searching. Make sure that you look, search and post in the correct forums so we dont cross-post and clutter up our system. We appreciate the extra time you spend looking and posting in the correct forum so that others may be able to quickly find what they need and not have to dig through useless threads/posts.
Since this is the General section and all new users will be collected in this section (because they cant post in the Dev section yet for good reasons), we will start at the beginning and assume you have a fresh new device. We will go over the steps from first to last on how to achieve root, custom kernels, costume firmware and then hacks and tweaks.
- How to Easily Root your device.
- How to Flash Custom Binaries Without Ever Incrementing the Flash Counter!!
- How to Prepare Your Phone to Return to the Store or for Warranty Replacement. Or how to set your Back To Stock.
- How to flash a custom Firmware/ROM on your Phone.
- How to manually replace modded/stock system files.
Those are the 5 main groups, each linked to a separate thread/topic that will help guide you through the process and hopefully avoid any problems. If you do develop a problem, please look through the topic or thread that you are in to quickly solve your issue. Also be sure to check the FAQ as your answer may already be there waiting for you.
Have a question? Most questions have already been answered here in the FAQ topic
. Try looking here before you decide to post a new thread to ask a question. Chances are, you're not the first to have a questions so its more than likely been answered and discussed.
XDA thanks you for taking the time to read and follow the rules. It may take a little bit of time to search and to dig through topics, but it usually will get your correct answer to you faster than to post and wait for someone to answer it for you. Please be sure to refer back to this post from time to time to help you go to the right sections that you need to go to.