Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rearth screen protectors good?

Tip us?
 
carhigh
Old
(Last edited by carhigh; 23rd February 2012 at 12:41 AM.)
#1  
carhigh's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 1,713
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ct
Default Rearth screen protectors good?

I order one of these. Waiting to get it. Seems like a quality item. Any thoughts?

Rearth Samsung At&t Galaxy Note SGH-i717 Screen Protector [Ultimate Clear PLUS]

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=280822781835&index=1&nav=WON&nid=5 2910726422&trxId=806346590018

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
 
Ragin Cajun
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 36
Join Date: Oct 2008
I also ordered the Rearth screen protector from Amazon. I received it today and installed it on my note. Its incredibly clear. The install was super easy and the fit is great. So far Im really enjoying it.
 
CrazyTomato76
Old
#3  
CrazyTomato76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 111
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NW Atlanta
I bought the slim case today looks like the kit comes with the screen protector, I wonder how well the screen protector will do with the S pen. http://www.rearthusa.com/galaxy_note_slim.html
 
Bataga
Old
#4  
Bataga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 719
Posts: 1,649
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lilburn, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
I also ordered the Rearth screen protector from Amazon. I received it today and installed it on my note. Its incredibly clear. The install was super easy and the fit is great. So far Im really enjoying it.
any bubbles? mine will be here tomorrow!
 
Ragin Cajun
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 36
Join Date: Oct 2008
Not a single bubble. It's very nice. It also seems to not collect oil from your hands either.
 
gordec
Old
#6  
gordec's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 234
Posts: 880
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
I got it and I would say it's a perfect fit. To be bubble free depends on your experience applying it. It is no different however from the $3 for 5 pack dry application protectors you find on ebay (rearth comes with 2). I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for amazon free 2 day shipping. I don't want to wait 3 weeks for a hongkong seller to mail it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium App
Device: AT&T Galaxy Note III (Knoxraid 5.0)

AT&T Galaxy Note root, recovery, and roms reference thread.
 
LiquidArrogance
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jan 2012
I had one come with my case. It was descent but I didn't like the feel. I play a lot of "slidy" games and most screen protectors just feel to tacky.
Sent from the shadow of my SGH-I717 cast on my iPhone's rotting corpse

 
CrazyTomato76
Old
#8  
CrazyTomato76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 111
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NW Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidArrogance View Post
I had one come with my case. It was descent but I didn't like the feel. I play a lot of "slidy" games and most screen protectors just feel to tacky.
How do you like the case?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
 
carhigh
Old
#9  
carhigh's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 1,713
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ct
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordec View Post
I got it and I would say it's a perfect fit. To be bubble free depends on your experience applying it. It is no different however from the $3 for 5 pack dry application protectors you find on ebay (rearth comes with 2). I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for amazon free 2 day shipping. I don't want to wait 3 weeks for a hongkong seller to mail it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium App
Its not coming from outside the US. Its coming from cali.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
 
LiquidArrogance
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTomato76 View Post
How do you like the case?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
I got the Ringke Slim. I really like the in-hand feel. Gives the Note just the right "oomph" without adding a ton of bulk.

Keep in mind that this is a very minimalist case -- a lot of people were caught off guard by this. The sides are largely exposed, for example.

Also, the back is not tacky like a TPU case. I added egrips.

The port covers are nice, they come with one extra of each, and they are easily removable if you dont like them. I removed the charger port cover and kept the 3.5mm cover.
Sent from the shadow of my SGH-I717 cast on my iPhone's rotting corpse


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Glass XE20.1 Update Brings Improved Contacts, Head Nudge, New Cards and Commands

Ever since Google unveiled Android Wear earlier this … more

Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more

Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more

Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more