Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

UX Design in Apps and ROMs w/ Kevin Bruckert – BABBQ2014

This year’s Big Android BBQ has come and gone. While the whole event was … more

Bring Material Design Goodness to Your App with Support Library

At Google I/O 2014, the next iteration of Android was announced and … more
Post Reply

Does your EL30 run hot?

OP edufur

23rd February 2012, 01:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hillsboro
Thanks Meter: 64
 
945 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Was running CM9 alpha 2 on EI22 and the unit wasnt getting very hot, although the battery was draining.

Switched to CM9 Alpha4 and now on EL30 modem and noticing the phone is getting hotter although the battery life is improved... anyone else experiencing anything similar? Should I roll back to EI22 for Alpha4?
23rd February 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #2  
nikon120's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 328
 
1,238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur

Was running CM9 alpha 2 on EI22 and the unit wasnt getting very hot, although the battery was draining.

Switched to CM9 Alpha4 and now on EL30 modem and noticing the phone is getting hotter although the battery life is improved... anyone else experiencing anything similar? Should I roll back to EI22 for Alpha4?

Then downgrade your modem to see if you experience the same effect. I don't think a modem will make your device hot. Are you tethering, overclocking the cpu or running graphic intensive apps?
23rd February 2012, 07:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hillsboro
Thanks Meter: 64
 
945 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Not tethering... Unfortunately the ei22 modem cannot be odind... I don't think.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
23rd February 2012, 12:40 PM   |  #4  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 26,675
 
28,488 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur

Not tethering... Unfortunately the ei22 modem cannot be odind... I don't think.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

That is correct. You have to Odin EC05 then do the flashable delta. Or you can run it with EC05 for a bit. A lot of people still rocking that EC05.
23rd February 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hillsboro
Thanks Meter: 64
 
945 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123

That is correct. You have to Odin EC05 then do the flashable delta. Or you can run it with EC05 for a bit. A lot of people still rocking that EC05.

Hmm... I might consider the EC05. But I don't want to mess with deltas on an MTD.
23rd February 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #6  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 26,675
 
28,488 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur

Hmm... I might consider the EC05. But I don't want to mess with deltas on an MTD.

The delta works fine on MTD. You just need the temp BML CWM 5 wtogami put out.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
24th February 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 8
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
I suspect its actually the rom. I'm running stock el30 bml just rooted. And for the first time my phone is getting hot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes