[ROM][22/03/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.1 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

Spacket

Nov 20, 2010
Cologne
I really have to say: AWESOME WORK VIRTUOUS TEAM!

This ROM is awesome, i see first time such a high performance on my android phone. It feels, like its an another phone!
This is my new daily, i think this is the best ICS ROM atm!

Bug with Face to unlock i can confirm.

Thanks guys for this awesome work!

areestocrat

Dec 25, 2011
It works only on first launch...this is true for 4.0.1 too

You can register ur face in face unlock but since it can be launched only once, u cannot unlock ur phone using ur fce again ..

ah sorry i thought its a new feature in 4.0.2. never try mirror before in 4.0.1.
edit: face unlock fc for me

Last edited:

jamieunit

Feb 15, 2012
There's an app called z-device test because I've got a prob with charging and moving the phone, thought I'd also check the camera sensors and the camera worked but very small screen though,

Still having problem with charging cutting out when rotating phone forward and back, ANYONE ELSE?

THISIS50.com if its hot its here

Last edited:

thephenom696

May 7, 2011
Tartu
There's an app called z-device test because I've got a prob with charging and moving the phone, thought I'd also check the camera sensors and the camera worked but very small screen though,

Still having problem with charging cutting out when rotating phone forward and back, ANYONE ELSE?

THISIS50.com if its hot its here

This is a common issue with all micro USB ports I've had, they get bent over time and the clips lose connection.

Get a new Micro USB cable.

Sent from my magical HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

Reactions: jamieunit

thephenom696

May 7, 2011
Tartu
GOD DAMN IT, PEOPLE ! Forget about the camera. It's obviously it does or will not work! It doesn't on most devices... not yet, anyway.

Please look into the power down menu bug. It's really nasty not being able to power it off, and furthermore, I believe you (m-deejay) were not aware of it, because I don't see it mentioned in the first post.

Also, just tried to restore apps with Titanium Backup. As soon as the restoration process began, apps started to be restored, BIG TIME ! Large-sized games like Pocket / Star Legends would normally take up to 30 seconds to be restored, but now, all 70 apps took under a minute (which would take up to 15, normally).
Don't be :eek:`ed saying "omg, that's awesome". No. No app was restored :) .

WHAT THE F*** :(

Oh, and yeah. I superwiped & flashed the ROM again. Both power down & TB restore still have issues. So it's not something I did wrong... I didn't do anything wrong...

--

Also, why is the boot SO SHORT? I was expecting the first boot to take up to 5 minutes, but it booted up even faster than LeeDrOiD, and I even wiped cache/dalvik (which should have made the booting process take a lot longer).

this from is a LOT faster than leedroid bro, stop whining about fast boot times.. couch

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

dimbata

Feb 27, 2011
sorry for asking but i want to try this rom! Can someone explain in a few words hot to install it (coming from KingCobra) and what are the major bugs thanks! :)

Snowled

Aug 1, 2011
Sorry for necro-posting, but since Sense 3.6 ROM with camera has been released and Sense 4.0 ROM with camera has been released, will there be a chance that this rom will get at least 2D camera, USB Storage and Deep Sleep?

Reactions: Astrowe

xxxo

Dec 26, 2011
Sorry for necro-posting, but since Sense 3.6 ROM with camera has been released and Sense 4.0 ROM with camera has been released, will there be a chance that this rom will get at least 2D camera, USB Storage and Deep Sleep?

+1 this by far my favorite rom

Sent xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    x-series.png

inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.3 OTA

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• MDJ-SENSE-ICS kernel. 1512MHz

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

Device specific bugs:
    - Camera
    - Mass storage

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    x-series.png

Changelog:

v4.0.0.beta1:
    - Wipe from 3.5.x is recommended but may not be required.
    - Re-based ROM on the final release ICS build from HTC (3.32.401.3).
    - Feature parity up to v3.5.1.beta1.
    - Theming work is incomplete.
    - Bugs present in 3.5.1.beta1 likely remain present, please re-confirm them all.
    - Also, 3.5.1 not be officially released, as we’ll be focused on finishing 4.0.0 instead.
    Have been able to fix the cam on my evo 3d,only 3D effect is missing!
    The fix is simple,so I won't tell it you ;)

i have official ICS RUU for our device but i dont wanna upload it for you