Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android Open Kang Project - vibrantmtd - build 35

Tip us?

MadJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Never mind

Swyped, not typed, from my Digital Brick

Alex9090
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Does anyone have a problem on these 4.0.4 roms where screen goes blank for a couple of seconds before fully coming on when you press power button?

Sent from samsung vibrant
Don't look back in Anger #NowPlaying #Oasis

yosup
Old
Thanks Meter 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex9090 View Post
Does anyone have a problem on these 4.0.4 roms where screen goes blank for a couple of seconds before fully coming on when you press power button?
Are you using a different lockscreen wallpaper? I do notice a slight delay sometimes. Not quite 2 seconds long though.
The Following User Says Thank You to yosup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alex9090
Old
Thanks Meter 580
No, not a different wallpaper.

Blars1206
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:

No delay for me. I'm using stock lock screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blars1206 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tduermeier
Old
(Last edited by tduermeier; 15th April 2012 at 06:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

I have noticed this exact issue since Zen upgraded to 4.0.4. I mentioned it in that thread as well but no one there seemed to have the same issue. I just did a clean flash to ICZ 1.5.1 (based off build 31) and this same problem persists. Most of the time it seems to take a little long for the screen to wake, and other times it seems to come on with only a very dim back light, though the latter seems to be more of a random occurrence.

Edited because I'm out of touch.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to tduermeier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alex9090
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by tduermeier View Post
I have noticed this exact issue since Zen upgraded to 4.0.4. I mentioned it in that thread as well but no one there seemed to have the same issue. I just did a clean flash to ICZ 1.5.1 (based off build 31) and this same problem persists. Most of the time it seems to take a little long for the screen to wake, and other times it seems to come on with only a very dim back light, though the latter seems to be more of a random occurrence.

Also, I notice the topic is now titled "milestone 4"... time to get excited?

Yea, i was talking about that dim issue. It is soo annoying! I have tried everything but can't get rid of it.

PS Milestone 4 is an older build.

tduermeier
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Yea, i was talking about that dim issue. It is soo annoying! I have tried everything but can't get rid of it.

PS Milestone 4 is an older build.

False excitement on my part then, read the Build 31 description on the AOKP site where it mentions moving towards another milestone and I just figured 4 must have been the newest.

In any case, surely if other people were experiencing this we would have heard it by now. It really is annoying and made me start to think maybe my backlight was dying.

Can't seem to find any particular cause of it myself as it's been occurring even after a clean flash without messing with any of the lock screen settings.

BIGG13
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Anyone have a problem with the keyboard? When I text someone and lock my screen, still in the chat panel, and then unlock it it won't let me type anything. I have to exit the chat and go back home before reopening and texting again. Started noticing this problem whenever roms went to 4.0.4

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Alex9090
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGG13 View Post
Anyone have a problem with the keyboard? When I text someone and lock my screen, still in the chat panel, and then unlock it it won't let me type anything. I have to exit the chat and go back home before reopening and texting again. Started noticing this problem whenever roms went to 4.0.4

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
Yes, i think its a known issue of ics. Happens on all the roms i ve tried.