Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[27 MAY][ROM][X Series] Virtuous Eclipse v.1.0.0 [Sense 4.0 Android 4.0.3]

OP mdeejay

28th February 2012, 12:20 PM   |  #811  
Solar_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173
 
455 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Yeay, I think found the problem for all the graphical glitches (like when scrolling in the App drawer, the screen 'tears') or when pulling the notification bar up and down very fast (it'll 'tear').

The vSync is off.

This is just a basic description of vSync:
Say your screen refreshes at 60Hz - vSync on will attempt to display 30fps to avoid tearing. 30 goes into 60 twice evenly... get it?
vSync off will display as many fps as possible. So rather than holding back and displaying 30fps it will allow 35fps. This will cause tearing because 35 does not go into 60 evenly.


So we have to enable vSync to avoid this..


Edit: The LG Optimus One kernel developer did it like this:
Code:
drivers/video/msm/mddi_hitachi_hvga.c

pinfo->lcd.vsync_enable = TRUE;
pinfo->lcd.hw_vsync_mode = TRUE;
Last edited by Solar_; 28th February 2012 at 12:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solar_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 12:41 PM   |  #812  
inzaghi75's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,688
 
2,874 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_

Yeay, I think found the problem for all the graphical glitches (like when scrolling in the App drawer, the screen 'tears') or when pulling the notification bar up and down very fast (it'll 'tear').

The vSync is off.

This is just a basic description of vSync:
Say your screen refreshes at 60Hz - vSync on will attempt to display 30fps to avoid tearing. 30 goes into 60 twice evenly... get it?
vSync off will display as many fps as possible. So rather than holding back and displaying 30fps it will allow 35fps. This will cause tearing because 35 does not go into 60 evenly.


So we have to enable vSync to avoid this..


Edit: The LG Optimus One kernel developer did it like this:

Code:
drivers/video/msm/mddi_hitachi_hvga.c

pinfo->lcd.vsync_enable = TRUE;
pinfo->lcd.hw_vsync_mode = TRUE;

How we can put it? in build.prop?
28th February 2012, 12:41 PM   |  #813  
Solar_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173
 
455 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzaghi75

How we can put it? in build.prop?

Nope, it's in the kernel.
But I am no kernel developer so I need someone to do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solar_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 12:43 PM   |  #814  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
781 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
I had that screen problem on all Trips roms. I tried with different kernels but didnt solve it as I remember.
Last edited by umd; 28th February 2012 at 12:45 PM.
28th February 2012, 12:49 PM   |  #815  
djgboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hollywood
Thanks Meter: 43
 
629 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
with me when I use the mms messages widget you cannot type to reply you have to go back to the app

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA App
28th February 2012, 12:54 PM   |  #816  
vegetaleb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 861
 
5,687 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
I think a One S RUU will solve many problems for this rom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vegetaleb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 01:02 PM   |  #817  
inzaghi75's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,688
 
2,874 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Whats up with Twitter. Doesn´t sync. Is this a HTC issue because I can not set the time of syncing.
28th February 2012, 01:14 PM   |  #818  
Dunc001's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Hiding out south of the border...
Thanks Meter: 1,446
 
2,659 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_

Nope, it's in the kernel.
But I am no kernel developer so I need someone to do this.

Yep, but no source code from HTC yet for the 3.0 kernel so until then you'll just have to put up with it...
28th February 2012, 01:24 PM   |  #819  
Solar_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173
 
455 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc001

Yep, but no source code from HTC yet for the 3.0 kernel so until then you'll just have to put up with it...

So we can't do it with hex edits?
28th February 2012, 01:26 PM   |  #820  
Dunc001's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Hiding out south of the border...
Thanks Meter: 1,446
 
2,659 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_

So we can't do it with hex edits?

Sure, if someone has the time to compile a kernel from available source without and with those edits, diff the file and then hex edit the file in the 3.0 kernel accordingly...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
exclusive, sense 4.0, virtuous eclipse, your best choise
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes