There are plenty of features to configure your logcat and, most important, the UI is straight forward, all the controls you need at your fingertips.
New User Interface, and much more (update 1.50)
- pure material design
- brand new UI, more polished and better looking
- a bright theme and a dark one to choose from
- support for Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- ready for the new runtime permissions system of Android 6.0
- bug fixes
New features, even for Floating (update 1.45)
- Per-app logcat (filter logcat by package name)
- Cancel button added to the search/filter box
- Ability to filter the logcat in Floating mode
- Ability to clear/restore logcat in Floating mode
- Bug fixes and optimizations
Redesigned and improved (update 1.4)
made it GORGEOUS
- completely reorganized UI, pure Android style
- new sliding side menus, swipe from the left side to the right to access the navigation menu and switch between the main features (main logcat UI, Floating Logcat, Dmesg), swipe from the right side to the left to access the list of your saved logcats, from there you can open, send or delete your logs
- improved seach/filter box
- quick clear log and restore feature
- better Floating Logcat UI
- improved Floating Logcat hide/show system
- bug fixes
Jelly Bean support added (update 1.2)
Please note: Jelly Bean users need root in order to run logcat apps.
Introducing "Floating Logcat" (update 1.1)
a new wonderful feature powered by StandOut, it allows you to keep the logcat on top, right while you're working on your device, perfect for your tests! the logcat is shown inside a window you can move, resize and even minimize, just like a desktop one.
- In order to launch a new Floating Logcat session tap the last button on the right (bottom bar).
- In order to resize the Floating Logcat drag the bottom-right corner of the window.
Starting from version 1.3, devs can use intent actions and extras in order to launch the
logcat recorder directly from their apps:
"scd.lcex.ACTION_REC" start recording
"scd.lcex.ACTION_STOP" stop recording and service associated
"scd.lcex.EXTRA_FILTER" logcat filter (string, optional), use in conjunction with ACTION_REC
* Read live logcat
* Pause and resume
* Record (even in background)
* Send logs via mail
* Apply filters (priority level, format, etc.)
* Search box for quick filtering
* Many options to configure the logcat
* Read the kernel's debug messages (dmesg)
* New "Per-app logcat" feature!
* Revolutionary "Floating Logcat" feature!
* Floating window resizable even with pintch-to-zoom
Download Logcat Extreme (free version) from the Play Store
or grab the attached APK at the end of this post.
Even the free version has no ads. The pro version adds a couple of minor features, actually it's more like a donate version. If you want to support the development of this app just look for "Logcat Extreme Pro" on the Play Store (thanks!)
A special thanks goes to Mark Wei for his wonderful library and for being a nice person!