[APP][2.1+] Logcat Extreme
This is a logcat/dmesg reader and logcat recorder, likely the most enhanced logcat app on the play store.
There are plenty of features to configure your logcat and, most important, the UI is straight forward, all the controls you need at your fingertips.
Jelly Bean support added (update 1.2)
Please note: Jelly Bean users need root in order to run logcat apps.
Introducing "Floating Logcat" (update 1.1)
a new wonderful feature powered by StandOut
, it allows you to keep the logcat on top, right while you're working on your device, perfect for your tests! the logcat is shown inside a window you can move, resize and even minimize, just like a desktop one.
- In order to launch a new Floating Logcat session tap the last button on the right (bottom bar).
- In order to resize the Floating Logcat drag the bottom-right corner of the window.
Starting from version 1.3, devs can use intent actions and extras in order to launch the
logcat recorder directly from their apps:
"scd.lcex.ACTION_REC" start recording
"scd.lcex.ACTION_STOP" stop recording and service associated
"scd.lcex.EXTRA_FILTER" logcat filter (string, optional), use in conjunction with ACTION_REC
* Read live logcat
* Pause and resume
* Record (even in background)
* Send logs via mail
* Apply filters (priority level, format, etc.)
* Search box for quick filtering
* Many options to configure the logcat
* Read the kernel's debug messages (dmesg)
* Revolutionary "Floating Logcat" feature!
* Floating window resizable even with pintch-to-zoom
Download Logcat Extreme (free version) from the Play Store
or grab the attached APK at the end of this post.
Even the free version has no ads. The pro version adds a couple of minor features, actually it's more like a donate version. If you want to support the development of this app just look for "Logcat Extreme Pro" on the Play Store (thanks!)
A special thanks goes to Mark Wei for his wonderful library and for being a nice person!