Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,165 Members 38,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Official Sony Xperia ICS Beta ROM for arc S, ray, neo V

Tip us?

dvfk
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by theynd View Post
Thank you for your answer
I'm using the official kernel that is built into your LT18_4.1.A.0.562_NCB.ftf
If you could indicate which kernel you use, I appreciate you show me.
I have the bootloader open so no problem.
I use the 'Stock with CWM' kernel from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1515148

It's shouldn't make any difference for you since I believe yours and this kernel are the same except from the possibility to press Volume down at boot when the buttons light op and take a backup to the SD card (and other tools).

But you could try it - and the two other kernels in the link above. The kernel is flashed in fastboot mode (turn on, hold menu, plug USB in) with flashtool.

Another difference though could be that I'm actually running Arconium ICS 1.0 from the link above - that's the official Sony ROM but with some unnecessary bloatware stripped, I think. You can flash that after installing a kernel with CWM and using "Install zip from SD-card" but backup first so you can restore. I don't think you need to Wipe factory to defaults when using the ZIP file with the arconium ROM update - but I'm not sure.
None of my suggestions here should make a difference though... your videos shouldn't freeze since we're on the same hardware - and almost same software already, right?

theynd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvfk View Post
I use the 'Stock with CWM' kernel from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1515148

It's shouldn't make any difference for you since I believe yours and this kernel are the same except from the possibility to press Volume down at boot when the buttons light op and take a backup to the SD card (and other tools).

But you could try it - and the two other kernels in the link above. The kernel is flashed in fastboot mode (turn on, hold menu, plug USB in) with flashtool.

Another difference though could be that I'm actually running Arconium ICS 1.0 from the link above - that's the official Sony ROM but with some unnecessary bloatware stripped, I think. You can flash that after installing a kernel with CWM and using "Install zip from SD-card" but backup first so you can restore. I don't think you need to Wipe factory to defaults when using the ZIP file with the arconium ROM update - but I'm not sure.
None of my suggestions here should make a difference though... your videos shouldn't freeze since we're on the same hardware - and almost same software already, right?
Nothing I keep skipping the video recording, I'll try arconium 1.0

Many thanks for your interest.

noowb00
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvfk

NOW I get it

If you let it turn off itself automatically it does NOT lock if I turn if on before the delay.

The bug is: If I lock it MYSELF it ALWAYS locks - ignoring the delay
Hehe. Maybe my english is a little bit twisted. Sorry about it.
If you lock it yourself, you have to press the LOCK/power button, right? So the screen should be locked because you pressed the 'LOCK' button. ...

You understand what i'm saying right? I don't think its a bug

Sent from my MT11i using Forum Runner

theynd
Old
(Last edited by theynd; 16th April 2012 at 09:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I'm going back to 62 with kernel 3021 of doomlord and v6 supercharger that is impressively well, with pain in my heart the ics is still in its infancy or at least (and making a constructive criticism) games are not all fluids, the launcher fluid is not nothing, the camera compared to the penalty of .62 is because I think the pictures lose quality, with the chamber 62 is very rare that a picture or no color blur or poorly focused with this camera buff, videos jump and when you finish recording a video takes forever to save and then on the thumbnail image display, meanwhile you can not reuse the camera: (

Lords of Sony appreciate your effort to get this update as soon as possible to ICS and I trust that these points as they polish after trying on different devices and different forms lt18 installing your official ICS via updating both via PC companion horn. Tft trying different files I am convinced that there will be more users with the same problems.

I apologize for my English

bengtner
Old
Thanks Meter 6
For you all experiencing lag problems with the stock ICS ROM I can share my experience.

I was very disappointed with the performance of the ROM after the official upgrade. A lot of lag swiping between screens, 15s delay to show contacts etc. Since I've read some posts about a complete reset of the phone solved this issue, I tried factory reset and reinstalled all applications, but with the same result.

I was about to give up and downgrade to GB, when I decided to try a fresh ICS install with SEUS. And voilą! It's like a new phone! All problems are gone, and the phone is very smooth and responsive.

My taking from this is you should not try to upgrade to ICS with PC Companion. Make a fresh install with SEUS. Or do a factory reset before upgrading with PC Companion. I guess this will work as well. It seems like the attemp to save all installed apps and settings ****s up the installation, and you can't fix this without a clean reinstall.

I'm afraid Sony will have to pay a high price for this problem, and unfortunately ICS will also have a share of this as well...

pteale
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is ICS officially out for Xperia Ray now then?
When I run PC companion it says my phone is up to date but its still on v2.3.4
And often the PC companion just crashes.

noowb00
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pteale
Is ICS officially out for Xperia Ray now then?
When I run PC companion it says my phone is up to date but its still on v2.3.4
And often the PC companion just crashes.
Maybe it hasn't arrived at your area yet. I'm in the same situation as you too. Since I want ICS sooner, I just flash Nordic's firmware. So, why wait? It's already here! Flash it!

Babis_ECE
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Hi KalleD,

First of all I have to mention how great this is, having an active Sony Developer participating in the XDA Developers forum and the online dev community. Coming from a Motorola, where they don't even unlock the bootloader, it is really remarkable! Well done, you gained a client for the future.

I wanted to ask, where should we state some pointers/bugs after trying the official Xperia Arc S Rom that is out, to our Xperia Arc. (Yes, we couldn't wait for another 1.5 month..!)
Should we mention them here? By e-mail perhaps?

BTW, The Arc is a great device, and runs ICS smoothly even if it is a single-core 1GHz device.

Thanks.
- Sony Xperia Arc
- iPad 16GB White 4th Gen WiFi

pteale
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by noowb00 View Post
Maybe it hasn't arrived at your area yet. I'm in the same situation as you too. Since I want ICS sooner, I just flash Nordic's firmware. So, why wait? It's already here! Flash it!

Do you have any links for this? Thanks.

noowb00
Old
(Last edited by noowb00; 1st May 2012 at 12:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pteale

Do you have any links for this? Thanks.
For which phone? Try to look at the phone's development section

Edit: Sorry, didn't read your previous post. Hehe. Here, I found it on the Ray development section

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1627627

Pick the Ice Cream Sandwich firmware and flash it using Flashtool Cheers!