Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MINIGUIDE][CM7|Stock] V6 Supercharger for the 2x (Smoothness & Snappyness)

Tip us?

tonyp
Old
(Last edited by tonyp; 4th November 2012 at 02:19 AM.) Reason: updated instructions to update 9 RC6.1
Recognized Developer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 33081

DONATE TO ME
Default [MINIGUIDE][CM7|Stock] V6 Supercharger for the 2x (Smoothness & Snappyness)

Attention: This guide is for an older version of the V6 SuperCharger.
This doesn't mean that you can not use this guide as a reference or interesting read, but the new script has some more options which aren't covered here. You have to read the instructions within V6 carefully.

I did a lot of testing some weeks ago and now that I finally have some time I'd like to share what I got so far.
The V6 Supercharger is a tweak skript by zeppelinrox which works really great on my 2x. It feels smoother and snappier than ever - and multitasking is damn fast (and I never felt that CM7.2 was unsnappy.. but there is a difference now).

I won't talk a lot about what it is and how it does work - read the original thread. It has an even better effect on low spec phones, but it does improve the snappyness on high-end phones, too (and is even used on Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Nexus phones!)
[Script][MOD][U9RC6.1] Sticky 'n Smooth ISCream-=V6 SUPERCHARGER!=-The ONLY RAM Fixer
All credits go to zeppelinrox for this great script!

Here's a quote for what it does:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelinrox View Post
What's it do?

It makes your phone FAST... super snappy with better multitasking!
It rearranges and fixes the OOM Groupings and Priorites and lowmemorykiller values.

So basically, it's a COMPLETE MEMORY MANAGEMENT FIX!

It's the ONLY one of it's kind

NO LAUNCHER REDRAWS, faster than ever, multitasking is better... why?
Because it works with the lowmemorykiller and letting it work the way it's meant to work.

Quote:
Warnings:
  • This is not for ICS! Go to the 2nd post in the thread linked above - there are instructions for ICS (CM9) - I don't use CM9 yet and don't want to include instructions here, which I haven't tested thoroughly.
  • You shouldn't use this with custom kernels (like vadonkas) I guess - it might break some tweaks from the kernel devs.
  • I tested this with CM7.2 (temasek KANG) with the stock CM-kernel and it is working GREAT! It should make an even greater difference on Stock - please report!
  • I tested lots of options and never had a single problem.. but you should do a nandroid backup! There is always a slight chance that something goes wrong.
Quote:
Instructions:
(type all options without quotes.. I hope that's obvious)..
  • Go to Settings - Cyanogenmod - Performance and make sure that "Lock home in memory" is not checked. If it is: uncheck it and restart (don't worry, the tweak will take over with a better solution than a permanent lock in memory).
  • Download the "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update9_RC6.1.sh.txt" from the original thread or from the attachments here and put it to the root directory of your SD card.
  • Open "Terminal Emulator"
  • Type "su" (and approve the Superuser request)
  • Type "cd /sdcard"
  • Type "sh V6*" (this is cAsE-sensitive)
  • The first time "wizard" will guide you through the installation process.
  • for the scrolling speed "2" is a good choice for the first time
  • type "b" for the build.prop option
  • type "y" to integrate /init.rc
  • I disabled the "AWESOME" animation (type "y") because it would get annoying after waiting for it to finish after the 3rd time.. sorry for that zeppelinrox
  • press the enter key
  • now type "10" (Quick V6 Custo-OOMizer option)
  • type "y" to use the calculated values
  • press enter twice
  • type "29" to reboot and wipe dalvik cache. The restart will take a while, be patient, that's normal!
  • that's it!

There's a "quick walkthrough" in the second post - together with the best options (at least for me) for the older update 8.

Again: All credit to zeppelinrox - he has a donation link in his thread! If you like it, donate to him please
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tonyp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonyp
Old
(Last edited by tonyp; 28th February 2012 at 12:06 AM.) Reason: added content
Thanks Meter 33081

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Quick walkthrough - commands only (update 9 RC6.1):
("type Enter key" or "type any key" not mentioned)
Code:
su
sh /sdcard/V6*
b
y
y
y

------------------

Quote:
Instructions for the "older" update 8:
  • Go to Settings - Cyanogenmod - Performance and make sure that "Lock home in memory" is not checked. If it is uncheck it, restart the device and recheck
    (don't worry, the tweak will take over - I didn't have a single launcher redraw).
  • Download the "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt" from the original thread or from the attachments here and put it to the root directory of your SD card.
  • Open "Terminal Emulator"
  • Type "su" (and approve the Superuser request) (without quotes.. I hope that's obvious)
  • Type "cd /sdcard"
  • Type "sh V6*" (this is cAsE-sensitive)
  • Type "0", "1", "2", or "3" to set how fast the text will scrool. "2" is a good selection for the first time.
  • Choose "9"
  • Type "16" (your device will restart without further warning!)
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PYCON
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydl View Post
under construction
Great but hard to set

PHONE : LG Optimus 2X ( P990 ) --- LG G2 32 GB ( D802 )
ROM : CM11.0 4.4.4 Tonyp V 16.07.14 --- CM11.0 4.4.4 Pac Man V 04.07.14
BASEBAND : 312 ( 12.03.13 ) --- DEFAULT
KERNEL : KOVALSKY 127 Alpha 31 --- DEFAULT
CLOCK : 216 MHz / 1.200 Mhz --- 300 MHz / 2.265 MHz
RECOVERY : TWRP 2.7.1.0 --- TWRP 2.7.1.0

tonyp
Old
Thanks Meter 33081

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYCON View Post
Great but hard to set
Sorry.. I wrote that because I pressed "Submit New Thread" accidentally before the post was ready. It's up now

TweetyPeety
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1557
there is already a update 9, which works perfect on the speed, but I don't see great improvements between Chuck Norris Edition with and without V6. Think Chuck Norris is already so awesome.

P.S: really easy to set up, just download Script Manager from the Market, open it, click on SU and open up this Script, everything else will be explained through the MENU
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::
Xiaomi Mi2, 32GB:
- *best phone ever*
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::

IntenseColor
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Has anyone tested this with the latest vadonka's ETaNa yet?

Wadka
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I know it's not ready yet, but I'm already psyched about it :D
I already have a question about it.

If I run this skript is it suggested to change minfree values?

I have mine set on 16-24-32-90-100-110 right now. Thats pretty heavy I think, but Setiron suggested those values.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyPeety View Post
there is already a update 9, which works perfect on the speed, but I don't see great improvements between Chuck Norris Edition with and without V6. Think Chuck Norris is already so awesome.

P.S: really easy to set up, just download Script Manager from the Market, open it, click on SU and open up this Script, everything else will be explained through the MENU
Hey, can you tell us how long you've been using this?
And can you tell us where you actually saw the improvement?

| LG P990 Optimus Speed || Nvidea Tegra 2 Chipset |
| Android 4.0.3 | | Cyanogenmod 9 | | Ironkernel | | Baseband 0725 | | ClockworkmodRecovery |
| Cortex A9 Dualcore @ 216 MHz - 1,1 GHz | | Ultra low Voltages: 216 MHz @ 525 mV | |Screen Off freq locked at 216 MHz |
| 512 MB DDR2 Ram @ 166 MHz| | 32 MB Ram Hack | | 82 MB zRam| | KSM enabled |
| Nvidea GeForce ULP @ 100 MHz -300 Mhz | | 8 Shader | |96 MB Ram |
| SetCPU:Profiles&Voltages | | Autkiller Memory:Aggressive | | Autostarts:Events |

tonyp
Old
(Last edited by tonyp; 28th February 2012 at 12:14 AM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 33081

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyPeety View Post
Yup but update 9 is still a RC. I know it's pretty stable but haven't tested it yet, will do that over the weekend and update the instructions if everything works fine.

You're correct - the Chuck Norris ROM does use a lot of tweaks, too - this is mainly focused to non-tweaked CM7 and Stock ROMs

carburano
Old
Thanks Meter 6209

DONATE TO ME
Great... I include always it in my rom...

Inviato con il mio P990 DjangoManouche!
My contribution to XDA:

2009 XOR Morna for HTC Diamond
2012/2013 DjangoManouche/ DMX with KingOfBirds Kernel for LG O2X

Follow me on Twitter: @Francesco80m

If you like my work please press thanks and consider to buy me a beer HERE!
or DONATE TO "EMERGENCY" (To help war victims) HERE

julianosplendido
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Wow, thanks very much, my device feels superfast right now!
Do i have to repeat this procedure everytime i flash an cm update, e.g. a kang?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe