Attention: This guide is for an older version of the V6 SuperCharger.
This doesn't mean that you can not use this guide as a reference or interesting read, but the new script has some more options which aren't covered here. You have to read the instructions within V6 carefully.
I did a lot of testing some weeks ago and now that I finally have some time I'd like to share what I got so far.
The V6 Supercharger is a tweak skript by zeppelinrox which works really great on my 2x. It feels smoother and snappier than ever - and multitasking is damn fast (and I never felt that CM7.2 was unsnappy.. but there is a difference now).
I won't talk a lot about what it is and how it does work - read the original thread. It has an even better effect on low spec phones, but it does improve the snappyness on high-end phones, too (and is even used on Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Nexus phones!)
[Script][MOD][U9RC6.1] Sticky 'n Smooth ISCream-=V6 SUPERCHARGER!=-The ONLY RAM Fixer
All credits go to zeppelinrox for this great script!
Here's a quote for what it does:
What's it do?
It makes your phone FAST... super snappy with better multitasking!
It rearranges and fixes the OOM Groupings and Priorites and lowmemorykiller values.
So basically, it's a COMPLETE MEMORY MANAGEMENT FIX!
It's the ONLY one of it's kind
NO LAUNCHER REDRAWS, faster than ever, multitasking is better... why?
Because it works with the lowmemorykiller and letting it work the way it's meant to work.
- This is not for ICS! Go to the 2nd post in the thread linked above - there are instructions for ICS (CM9) - I don't use CM9 yet and don't want to include instructions here, which I haven't tested thoroughly.
- You shouldn't use this with custom kernels (like vadonkas) I guess - it might break some tweaks from the kernel devs.
- I tested this with CM7.2 (temasek KANG) with the stock CM-kernel and it is working GREAT! It should make an even greater difference on Stock - please report!
- I tested lots of options and never had a single problem.. but you should do a nandroid backup! There is always a slight chance that something goes wrong.
(type all options without quotes.. I hope that's obvious)..
- Go to Settings - Cyanogenmod - Performance and make sure that "Lock home in memory" is not checked. If it is: uncheck it and restart (don't worry, the tweak will take over with a better solution than a permanent lock in memory).
- Download the "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update9_RC6.1.sh.txt" from the original thread or from the attachments here and put it to the root directory of your SD card.
- Open "Terminal Emulator"
- Type "su" (and approve the Superuser request)
- Type "cd /sdcard"
- Type "sh V6*" (this is cAsE-sensitive)
- The first time "wizard" will guide you through the installation process.
- for the scrolling speed "2" is a good choice for the first time
- type "b" for the build.prop option
- type "y" to integrate /init.rc
- I disabled the "AWESOME" animation (type "y") because it would get annoying after waiting for it to finish after the 3rd time.. sorry for that zeppelinrox
- press the enter key
- now type "10" (Quick V6 Custo-OOMizer option)
- type "y" to use the calculated values
- press enter twice
- type "29" to reboot and wipe dalvik cache. The restart will take a while, be patient, that's normal!
- that's it!
There's a "quick walkthrough" in the second post - together with the best options (at least for me) for the older update 8.
Again: All credit to zeppelinrox - he has a donation link in his thread! If you like it, donate to him please