Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,166 Members 45,124 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO] Unbrick your Transformer Prime (or not)

Tip us?

grneyez
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
You can try flashing the stock recovery with a blob.
Extract the SOS file first from a stock blob and repack it (ONLY THE SOS FILE) to a new blob.
You should be able to flas that blob then to get a stock recovery.
Thanks for the info. Thats a little bit over my head, unfortunately I don't have that much knowledge to do what you have suggested.

digger42
Old
(Last edited by digger42; 6th March 2012 at 07:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help

I'm stuck in CWM when I reboot. When I hook the tablet up to the computer and use adb, I get the error "device not found."
It is the same computer that I used before the problem, so the drivers are installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please disregard. If I had taken the time to read the whole thread, I could have found the answer was the Universal Driver Pack.
Thanks

RoninX
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyez View Post
Thanks for the info. Thats a little bit over my head, unfortunately I don't have that much knowledge to do what you have suggested.
and how can i flash back cwm from stock recovery? my prime is booting with brick 3. and now i have stock recovery (wipe data and fastboot?) now i need cwm back, but flash cwm sos file does not work (it says okay after flash) but i have no cwm back :((

any ideas ?

Dynagem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help!

http://tinyurl.com/7kqhv2r<<<- anybody got any suggestions for this wacky error? Detailed here ->>>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post23395094

JPxM0Dz
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Ok guys I think I'm stuck on brick3

Prime boots into recovery only - I can flash rom, but after flash it continues to go back into recovery

I have no clue how to use adb shell, but willing to learn if someone can walk me though - I read the thread though and I'm still confused how to set it up.
I have downloaded and installed SDK files for windows and latest java. I have also installed the universal beta drivers. Prime can be seen in device manager as adb device. But that's as far a I can go. When I click on adb.exe or fastboot.exe they popup on the screen very quickly then disappear. Like I said, obviously have no idea what I'm doing here and definitely willing to compensate anyone willing to help out for their time and efforts

Thanks!

I'm currently running CWM v5.5.0.4 and Virtuous Prime 9.4.2.15 v2

JPxM0Dz
Old
Thanks Meter 25
lol no one wants to touch this one eh?
No worries! I'll pickup another Prime and throw this one in the closet

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium

paddycr
Old
(Last edited by paddycr; 13th March 2012 at 03:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
lol no one wants to touch this one eh?
No worries! I'll pickup another Prime and throw this one in the closet

This might be a really dumb question but are you opening adb from Command Prompt? If you double click on either adb.exe or fastboot.exe from Windows they do open and close really quickly. If you open Command Prompt to navigate to wherever your file is using the cd command (so "cd path/to adb"; obviously put your own path in!). Then type "adb" and the sucker should open. Once adb is open all you have to do is cut and paste Diamondback's commands into adb. I think that the boot.img attached to the OP that you are pushing to the sd card has to be in the same folder as adb in Windows (I might be wrong on this but I am sure someone more knowledgeable will correct me).

Sorry if I have misinterpreted your question (noob warning!). Hope that helps and good luck with the debricking.

JPxM0Dz
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddycr View Post
This might be a really dumb question but are you opening adb from Command Prompt? If you double click on either adb.exe or fastboot.exe from Windows they do open and close really quickly. If you open Command Prompt to navigate to wherever your file is using the cd command (so "cd path/to adb"; obviously put your own path in!). Then type "adb" and the sucker should open. Once adb is open all you have to do is cut and paste Diamondback's commands into adb. I think that the boot.img attached to the OP that you are pushing to the sd card has to be in the same folder as adb in Windows (I might be wrong on this but I am sure someone more knowledgeable will correct me).

Sorry if I have misinterpreted your question (noob warning!). Hope that helps and good luck with the debricking.
Yeah I did try this, but I think I've been entering in the wrong path location.
I will try throwing everthing into a folder on desktop and retry
Thanks for your input as you've been the only one to step up to try and help

JPxM0Dz
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Ok I finally figured out adb shell and got it up and running, just having issues pushing image file to sd via cwm as per the instructions in first post

Yet another hurdle

downshift1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
For those who have been having issues with the adb not seeing your device with either the Asus or the naked drivers I had the same issue.

I ended up doing it the old fashioned way (aka the long way) by actually installing the SDK tools step by step. It was the only way I could get it to recognize my 1a bricked device after hours of trying a dozen different drivers.

The Following User Says Thank You to downshift1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]