XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]AOKP Build 37[FE21 Kernel][OS 4.0.4]UPDATED 05/24/12

Tip us?

darkfire2024
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii View Post
OK gonna ask a stupid question here but since I bricked my last E4GT doing this wrong I'm gonna ask.

What custom recovery are people using with this to flash things safely? I know we went with cwm 26 before initial flash but flashing loses that. Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already. I didn't see it and seriously don't want to screw this up again.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2
My process which has worked flawlessly so far.

1. Use sfhub's one click el 29 to get back to stock rooted.
2. Use sfhub's autoroot package to install el 26 stock (not rogue) cwm (option c then option i)
2a. If you have eset nod32 you should disable it or it will think it's a trojan and terminate it upon starting it up.
3. On EL29 download GPS Test, get a lock boot into cwm recovery. You'll know it's the right one when it's blue and you have to press volup and voldown to unlock the lock key to select.
4. Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, advanced > wipe dalvik cache
5. Flash rom twice.
6. Flash gapps 20120317
7. Flash moden (fd19)
8. Flash themes/mods/addons
9. Reboot and enjoy!

sobaked2921
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
OK gonna ask a stupid question here but since I bricked my last E4GT doing this wrong I'm gonna ask.

What custom recovery are people using with this to flash things safely? I know we went with cwm 26 before initial flash but flashing loses that. Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already. I didn't see it and seriously don't want to screw this up again.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2
If u wana flash a new rom ur gonna wana odin the cwm 26 everytime to do ur flashing. If ur on ics an just wana change ur modem u can just Odin that. Currently custom recovery in ics bricks phones I think. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
JET LIFE~~~~~~~~✈

mitchellvii
Old
(Last edited by mitchellvii; 22nd April 2012 at 05:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfire2024 View Post

2. Use sfhub's autoroot package to install el 26 stock (not rogue) cwm (option c then option i)
2a. If you have eset nod32 you should disable it or it will think it's a trojan and terminate it upon starting it up.
3. On EL29 download GPS Test, get a lock boot into cwm recovery. You'll know it's the right one when it's blue and you have to press volup and voldown to unlock the lock key to select.
5. Flash rom twice.
6. Flash gapps 20120317
7. Flash moden (fd19)
9. Reboot and enjoy!
Hmm, thanks but I don't think that is what I am looking for.

I want to know what custom recovery people are using to flash addon things such as kernels or updated AOKP roms without having the reflash everything.

polska2180o
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Where r the aokp mods and themes? R all of them safe to use?

Sent from my SPH-D710

Mimis_69
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by polska2180o View Post
Where r the aokp mods and themes? R all of them safe to use?

Sent from my SPH-D710
Use the Nexus S 4G themes. Make sure they're compatible with Build 33.

==================
Device: Epic 4G Touch
ROM: Calk's 2.8.1 ROM
==================

http://mimis69.deviantart.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Mimis_69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 970
Quote:
Hmm, thanks but I don't think that is what I am looking for.

I want to know what custom recovery people are using to flash addon things such as kernels or updated AOKP roms without having the reflash everything.
Oh ok, just went back and reread OP a bit more carefully. Apparently anytime I want to flash a new kernel I have to go back and ODIN cwm 26 again first. Is this correct?

basketthis
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Oh ok, just went back and reread OP a bit more carefully. Apparently anytime I want to flash a new kernel I have to go back and ODIN cwm 26 again first. Is this correct?
Yep. Correct. Mobile Odin is usually the easiest way for me...

Support the Android Open Source buildbox project. This project benefits everyone that uses an open source ROM as the devs use the box at their convenience!!
Thread HERE
If anyone has questions or would like more details on the project, feel free to pm me.

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 970
Safe to flash 33 over 32 without full wipe?

Nebbeh
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Androidfilehost seems down.. any mirrors yet?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

cnstarz
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfire2024 View Post

5. Flash rom twice.
6. Flash gapps 20120317
7. Flash moden (fd19)
9. Reboot and enjoy!
you're doing wayyyyyy too much. if you're coming from any other aosp rom, all you need to do is odin el26 cwm kernel, factory reset, flash rom twice, flash gapps, reboot. if you're just installing mods, then all you need to do is odin el26, clear dalvik, flash rom (or aosp kernel), flash gapps (if you flashed rom), flash mods, reboot. you're wasting your time flashing the entire el29 rom.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe