[Q] Atrix 2 or Lg Nitro

OP hjr954

26th February 2012, 03:40 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
I really like the atrix2 but the lack of an HD screen kinda irks me. I kinda feel like it isn't much of an upgrade over the OG. Only thing really stopping me from choosing the nitro 4 sure is the lack of an upgrade to ics announcement from att not lg. Hopefully something leaks out for the nitro by the 30th of march or ill just have to go with the safe purchase more than likely. If I wasn't so impatient I'd just wait for the Ion lol.
27th February 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #12  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 364

1,413 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmease1

When i used my upgrade and got my A2 i had looked at the lg nitro. This is what i came up with concerning that phone. It's ugly! Everything about it is ugly. Performance wise it seemed extremely laggy. I wouldn't have that phone if someone gave it to me for a spare phone. Get the A2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

I forgot to mention the icons are extremely ugly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
27th February 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #13  
Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 21

199 posts
I looked at both as well. Nitro had faster processor, HD display, LTE, and the better likelihood of ICS (hadn't been announced for Atrix 2 at the time of my purchase).

But sadly, as others have said, Nitro felt laggy to me when I played with it in the store. SGS II Skyrocket felt much snappier though didn't want it cause lack of HD screen.

Plus Nitro was ~ $200 and Atrix 2 was free! In the end I choose Atrix 2 and haven't regretted it yet! I haven't even done any modding to it - still in completely stock condition. Feels speedy; "4G" has been much better than my old Captivate for browsing, and although no HD screen, it is higher resolution than the typical Android - looks super crisp.

Plus battery life has been phenomenal! Both Skyrocket & Nitro have been blasted because of poor battery life. My Atrix 2 at the end of a 17-18 hour day is still at 60% plus.
Last edited by MobileNick; 28th February 2012 at 02:37 PM.
27th February 2012, 08:00 PM   |  #14  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 364

1,413 posts
More
Motorola did announce ics for the atrix 2. Its scheduled for Q3 of this year.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread