Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

PS3 bluetooth pad support on ics ( NON-ROOT ) No app needed!

OP poo-tang

24th February 2012, 03:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,371

1,288 posts
We now have native ps3 pad (dual shock 3 sixaxis pad) support on ics. No app needed.

How to

1 Connect pad via cable and use for 1 min. It will pair the pad without you knowing

2 Disconnect pad and turn on Bluetooth. Press power on pad and will come up Ps3 controller connected

3 Enjoy ps3 native without cables.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	asus ps3 pad.jpg
Views:	67606
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	918438  
Last edited by poo-tang; 25th February 2012 at 02:05 AM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to poo-tang For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2012, 06:38 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

92 posts
This is great info. Glad to see they are integrating even the little features like this.

Sent from my Incredible using xda premium
25th February 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 34

176 posts
I think this is great feature on ICS. Now, I think PS3 bluetooth pad is must have to enjoy console quality gaming on ICS tablet.

Thanks for the info.
25th February 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
More
So this only works if you have the keyboard dock? Any way to use the ps3 controller if you have just the tablet?
25th February 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

59 posts
More
Hmm I wonder if anyone can get this working with the pairing application for sixaxis (here)

I'm stuck since the transformer is asking for a pin ( tried 0000 and 1234 ) Maybe someone knows the pin ? Anyway to bad I dont have a dock or usb extension =(
25th February 2012, 07:12 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 339

1,038 posts
Donate to Me
the sixpair tool is inside /system/bin play with it and do not need the dock

now we wont games like shadowgun or riptide gp or gta3 on your tablets.
help me to request gamepad support on every new game. spam the developers of the games or not buy games that not support gamepad
Last edited by zulu99; 25th February 2012 at 07:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 10:55 AM   |  #7  
Flag Kelowna
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Question
Hey guys, I'm having difficulty getting my PS3 controller working with my Prime. I did the setup as listed above and under Bluetooth settings, the controller is listed as a paired device. The Bluetooth MAC address of my controller is also the same as the address of my Prime, I verified this through an application on my PC.

When plugged in via USB with Bluetooth off, the controller doesn't work until I press the PlayStation button. The LEDs will flash quickly and the controller inputs are received by my Prime. After about 10 seconds pass, the controller shuts off and no inputs are accepted.

The above behavior is exactly the same when I turn Bluetooth on as well. If I try to use it wirelessly through Bluetooth however, inputs are not received by my Prime even though it is listed as being connected under my Bluetooth settings. Again, after 10 seconds, the controller will turn off and it is no longer listed as being connected.

Doesn't make much sense to me, I'm not sure why the controller turns itself off after 10 seconds when connected via USB, and why any inputs through Bluetooth have no effect when connected.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but in the picture posted above, the PS3 controller has a joystick icon next to it under the paired devices. On my list of paired devices, it displays a keyboard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wallzii For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
More
has anyone tried this with a knockoff controller. i know the app had issues with non genuine controllers but i would love to get one fo those $15 ones for my tablet if possible.
27th February 2012, 09:36 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu99

the sixpair tool is inside /system/bin play with it and do not need the dock

now we wont games like shadowgun or riptide gp or gta3 on your tablets.
help me to request gamepad support on every new game. spam the developers of the games or not buy games that not support gamepad

Can you elaborate? I'm having the same problem as the poster above you. I used the Sixaxis Pair Tool to manually enter my Prime's address, the prime detects it just fine but when I try to pair it, it asks for a PIN. I'd really like to get this working without having to buy a dock or USB dongle.
28th February 2012, 02:56 AM   |  #10  
Asia
Thanks Meter: 10

14 posts
Interesting! Will try it soon!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread