warning - Anker battery exploded in my sensation

OP k_ayal

24th February 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

26 posts
More
Hi freinds,
Just wanted to warn you about the anker battery.
Exploded in my device few months ago and forgot to write it in this forum.

Have a nice weekend,
k_ayal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k_ayal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,064

4,883 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ayal

Hi freinds,

Have a nice weekend,
k_ayal.

WTF? Have a nice weekend?! LOL

Kind of want more details than that. Like, if you are rooted, if so what rom, were you overclocked, etc.,

"Have a nice weekend"....kinda like....here, your dog died, have a nice weekend!
The Following User Says Thank You to kpjimmy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 82

100 posts
More
Is your dog ok?

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using XDA App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phammichael For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2012, 05:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
More
LOL, wanted to know of someone is intrested.
My phone is rooted, the rom was virtuous 2.1.0, regular OC to 1.5 GHz.
The device was charged during the night and half an hour after I plugged it off the charger and was sitting in my car the phone exploded in the phone car holder doing nothing while explotion.
Hope your dog is fine
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k_ayal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2012, 07:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag Napa, Ca
Thanks Meter: 52

663 posts
More
Was it in direct sunlight? I doubt the rom or clock speed had anything to do with it. If it wasnt charging it either got too hot or was puffed from use and finally went. I dont get why people are using the cheapest batteries they can find in 300 dollar phones. I did a comparison on an anker and the stock battery a while back and the anker ended up being about the same as the evo 3d battery iirc. Its totally not worth putting in your phone. Not to mention no temperature sensor! I can believe people would use a battery without one!
The Following User Says Thank You to silentsnow31802 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2012, 01:48 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 157

1,628 posts
More
Was there any damage to the phone? Any pictures of it in the phone? I think I smell lawsuit if that happens here.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to xdviper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2012, 02:51 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 108

488 posts
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ayal

Hi freinds,

Have a nice weekend,
k_ayal.

This sounds VERY bogus. No picture of your phone, or any explanation! Without hard evidence, your claim, which is first of its kind, is unverifiable.

Moreover, how do you know for a fact that it was Anker Battery that caused the meltdown, and NOT exposing your phone to direct sunlight for a prolonged period, though HTC specifically & expressly warns against it on the Manual!

Furthermore, Ankers are well praised for keeping cool temperatures.

Conclusion:
The only plausible scenario is that you were running your GPS while driving, with your phone hung in direct sunlight, for a long time. I believe this is how you killed your previous phone ( HTC Desire ) as well, only you blamed it on a faulty motherboard.

Advice:
My experience with driving with GPS on, and phone in direct sunlight cause these phones to heat up to fierce temperatures and something will inevitably break - my HD2's previous digitizer, for example. So, it would serve you better to put your phone away from sunlight if you use it as your daily GPS device.

better luck with your next phone, and I hope u remember my advice.

P.S. And, don't think your Samsung Galaxy SII is immune to this!!!!
Last edited by shirreer; 25th February 2012 at 03:00 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shirreer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
More
answer
I just wanted to warn everybody, believe it or not - its your call.
I didnt add any photos of the phoone because nothing can be seen on it, it looks fine.
The device was exposed to sun for 10 minuts, it cant get the phone to such a high temperature, the phone was in idle mode, the gps wasnt on...
The 10 minutes didnt kill the phone, my desire was tested in HTC UK and verifyed as a problem in the mother board, beside that the desire was really in gps mode but it was 22:00...
What galaxy?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirreer

This sounds VERY bogus. No picture of your phone, or any explanation! Without hard evidence, your claim, which is first of its kind, is unverifiable.

Moreover, how do you know for a fact that it was Anker Battery that caused the meltdown, and NOT exposing your phone to direct sunlight for a prolonged period, though HTC specifically & expressly warns against it on the Manual!

Conclusion:
The only plausible scenario is that you were running your GPS while driving, with your phone hung in direct sunlight, for a long time. I believe this is how you killed your previous phone ( HTC Desire ) as well, only you blamed it on a faulty motherboard.

Advice:
My experience with driving with GPS on, and phone in direct sunlight cause these phones to heat up to fierce temperatures and something will inevitably break - my HD2's previous digitizer, for example. So, it would serve you better to put your phone away from sunlight if you use it as your daily GPS device.

25th February 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
get you to explain in more detail how it happened,
I need to know, cause I just bought it from ebay
27th February 2012, 05:57 AM   |  #10  
usa
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
agree with you,I was wondering if the guy is the competitor of anker brand,coz there's no any proof,the photo isn't clear .
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirreer

Conclusion:

Advice:

The Following User Says Thank You to fannypoissons For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anker, explotion
Previous Thread Next Thread