Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,212 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

warning - Anker battery exploded in my sensation

Tip us?

z31tt
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Something fishy...

If you look at the pic, it looks like debris from the battery is on the ground around it as if whatever happened to it happened while it was on the ground. Not in the phone. Why else would you take a pic of a battery sitting on the ground and not on a table or something?

dgenx210
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by z31tt View Post
If you look at the pic, it looks like debris from the battery is on the ground around it as if whatever happened to it happened while it was on the ground. Not in the phone. Why else would you take a pic of a battery sitting on the ground and not on a table or something?
I would think that if it was in the phone, the phone would be totaled as well.

nba1341
Old
Thanks Meter 164
This guy is a troll if a battery exploded in the phone the resulting phone would look like this

as you can see by the expansion of the battery pictured. Also the battery pictured shows no signs of being an anker or a sensation battery for that matter.
Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB: 4.3 rooted
T-Mobile Galaxy S4 16GB: CM 10.2
T-Mobile Note 3 32GB: Stock rooted

ixon2001
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Alot of people on here have bought the Anker Battery inc me, so if this is true then it's a one off, otherwise alot more people would have reported on exploding Anker Batteries by now.

So those thinking about buying one there no need to worry about it killing your Sensation.

cosmin_b78
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm using 2 anker batteries for the last 6 months. I have a standard HTC sensation, rooted with custom rom and overlooked to 1.51GHz. From my experience I can say that the phone is cooler with anker battery compared with the standard battery. I'm playing hungry graphic games and the battery is a bit hot, with the standard one is burning. I reckon that if is true and your battery exploded, must be a one off, or had some exteriors factors. This is my experience and I'm happy with my anker batteries.

Sent from my HTC Sensation with beats audio using XDA app
Htc Sensation Z710e
ViperS 1.1.0
Baseband version
11.76A.3504.00P_11.24A3504.31_M
Kernel version
SebastianFM 3.0.16-v1.5.2

Shady Gambino
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I've also been using 2 Anker batteries with their universal battery charger, I just swap batteries when one dies, then charge the dead one. I hardly every plug in anymore and I've never had a problem. I'm stock, but plan on rooting once I get my replacement; my Sensation took a whiskey bath... :/
Nexus 7 > Paranoid Android 3.1 | Nexus 4 > Stock

Rainico
Old
Thanks Meter 13
WHat is this trool ?

Part Five
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 3
Holy ****s. Yes, plural.

Lord Morpheus
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I've been using an Anker battery in my XE and had no problems what so ever, its better then the stock battery!

qdochemistry
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nba1341 View Post
This guy is a troll if a battery exploded in the phone the resulting phone would look like this

as you can see by the expansion of the battery pictured. Also the battery pictured shows no signs of being an anker or a sensation battery for that matter.
I'm of the same opinion .. since the op took the time yo blow up a battery then come bragging about .. how bout blow up a sensation to make ur story credible? Other than that its total bs

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Tags
anker, explotion