[ROM/WIP][ICS/US 220.127.116.11] 4.0.3 Minimal
This is my first attempt at a custom ROM for any Android device, so bear with me. I did not build this from AOSP source, or any other source code. It's entirely from ASUS. This ROM is intended for those who don't like the stock ASUS apps, similar to KRAKD/FROZN, except I've not optimised any
of the APKs or anything else. Hopefully this can be a useful base ROM for another dev, taking the tedious part out of the equation. It's completely based on US, not WW or TW.
It's large(300Mbyte) because I used a binary blob. I'm working on shrinking it down with a proper update sript.
Apps I removed:
ASUS File Manager
News & Weather(and their widgets)
Tegra Game Zone
ASUS Software keyboard(the touchscreen one, not the dock keyboard)
DMClient(related to ASUS updates, from what I understand)
ASUS software update(so no annoying OTA notifications that you can't use anyway)
-any others not included that I forgot to list
How to install:
1. A complete data wipe(at least dalvik & cache, data is optional) is strongly
recommended if you're coming from Honeycomb.
2. Flash the zip from CWM.
3. Enjoy your new ICS.
be able to flash from any ROM if you clear at least dalvik and cache.
-Pre-rooted for your convenience, with busybox, su, and SuperUser.
-ALL bloatware removed, hopefully improving performance
-Closer to an AOSP experience due to all bloat being removed.
What this ROM does NOT have:
-Stock ICS buttons(it has the crummy ASUS back, home, recent app buttons)
-A name, since it doesn't really need one right now.
How I created it(roughly, not a step by step):
1. I reverted from a custom ROM(krakd) to the latest US .21 HC release, with stock recovery
2. I Rooted with nachoroot and then used OTA keeper to unroot
3. I updated to US ICS via OTA.
4. I reapplied root with OTA keeper
5. I used ES file manager and terminal to remove the apps
6. I used ES file manager to add SuperUser to /system
7. Installed busybox at some point during these steps, I forget when.
8. Used dd to image the /system partition(mmcblkp0) to a file on my MicroSD
9. Replaced the LNX and APP blobs of a Honeycomb update(.21) with the ICS ones
10. Flashed it, and it worked.
So it's not a "proper" update, broken down into directories and such, but it does work.
Trebuchet CM9 launcher: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31118/signed_TrebuchetCWM.zip
(thanks to whitekidney/wk on #asus-transformer irc)
Here is the MD5 for the ROM zip: 0B9BC1C83C271DF26501CF533A046CB1
And the SHA1: B7BBC2C3AB33844E46CC8D8D2900E2AF1C68EFB5
Whitekidney for the Trebuchet launcher upload