5,601,062 Members 46,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted Incredible w/ Cyanogenmod 7, stuck in boot loop, can't boot to recovery

Tip us?

bluedimensional123
Old
(Last edited by bluedimensional123; 24th February 2012 at 11:22 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooted Incredible w/ Cyanogenmod 7, stuck in boot loop, can't boot to recovery

hello all, my first post.
I have incredible, rooted, with cyanogenmod 7. it has been working as normal for months and months. the other day, it just got stuck in the boot animation. i hadn't changed anything, system tweaks, etc, right before this.

i hold volume down and press power, and it goes to bootloader mode. normally here, i can select RECOVERY, and then goes to the black screen, where i could do many things, drastic as wipe the phone, reinstall cyanogenmod, g-apps, etc.

whats my problem now, is that when i hold power down and power and get to the white recovery screen, if i select RECOVERY, it doesnt go where it used to. it goes to the OTHER white screen where choices are, REBOOT, POWER DOWN, etc. So i select to go into recovery mode (the black screen) but it never goes there now. Always did before. Just goes to that next white screen, letting me reboot and start the cycle over again. I've tried with no SC card, no difference.

I found a post someone giving specific directions to format sd card, put radio update only on card, and boot with that in phone. I did, and it successfully said it updated, but still nothing has changed.

I cant get into recovery mode, to reformat, wipe, run any updates, nothing. I've tried so many times i can't even guess. I think it has become a brick. But I finally posted here hoping i may find some advice.

Anyone have any ideas of what i can do, if i can get into recovery mode?

if this helps, this all the info on the white screen - holding power down and powering on:

HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICORP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
RADIO-2.15.00.0000
Jul 23 2010, 10:06:51

thanks,
ben

patsfan1130
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Have you tried installing the latest recovery through ROM manager? I've no idea why this would have happened but if we can get you there. We can fix it

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium
Galaxy Nexus
Latest CM9 nightly
Franco kernal
CW 5.5.0.4
Nova Prime

bluedimensional123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i cant boot fully, so i cant access ROM manager.

cmlusco
Old
(Last edited by cmlusco; 25th February 2012 at 02:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 898

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedimensional123 View Post
i cant boot fully, so i cant access ROM manager.
Flash this thru hboot. It the latest cwm recovery. You are s-off right?

http://dinc.does-it.net/Recoveries/C....0/PB31IMG.zip

Also the radio version you posted above 2.15.00.0000, is that a typo? I have never seen that radio version before.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET

bluedimensional123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
Flash this thru hboot. It the latest cwm recovery. You are s-off right?Also the radio version you posted above 2.15.00.0000, is that a typo? I have never seen that radio version before.
excuse my noob-ness, term-wise, i don't know what s-off means.

i will try the link to latest cwm recovery zip, next.

and thats not a typo, 2.15.00.0000 is what it says!

bluedimensional123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
excuse my noob-ness, term-wise, i don't know what s-off means.

i will try the link to latest cwm recovery zip, next.

and thats not a typo, 2.15.00.0000 is what it says!
ok that update worked! because its been a minute, and i'm so hyped to fix this, i am proceeding with extra extra caution; so, remind me what to choose here - i just don't want to get back into that loop. If i need to wipe phone's data, that's fine. My phone will be working and that makes me ecstatic!

bluedimensional123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
ok that update worked! because its been a minute, and i'm so hyped to fix this, i am proceeding with extra extra caution; so, remind me what to choose here - i just don't want to get back into that loop. If i need to wipe phone's data, that's fine. My phone will be working and that makes me ecstatic!
  • reboot system now
  • apply update from sdcard
  • wipe data / factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
  • install zip from sdcard
  • backup and restore
  • mounts and storage
  • advanced
  • power off

i assume choose apply update from sdcard, and run latest cyanogenmod zip, then g-apps, etc...am i right?

cmlusco
Old
(Last edited by cmlusco; 25th February 2012 at 04:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 898

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
  • reboot system now
  • apply update from sdcard
  • wipe data / factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
  • install zip from sdcard
  • backup and restore
  • mounts and storage
  • advanced
  • power off

i assume choose apply update from sdcard, and run latest cyanogenmod zip, then g-apps, etc...am i right?
S-off is security off. It allows you to flash images not signed by HTC. At the top of the hboot screen it should say either s-on or s-off. If it let tou flash cwm recovery you are s-off.

Yes enter recovery, wipe everything in mounts and storage and either flash a stock ruu thru hboot, or flash a rom of your choosing. Do not choose aply update.zip choose install from sdcard, and select your roms zip file.

I would also flash a new radio thru hboot, as i have never seen that version of radio for the incredible. http://dinc.does-it.net/Radios.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET

bluedimensional123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
S-off is security off. It allows you to flash images not signed by HTC. At the top of the hboot screen it should say either s-on or s-off. If it let tou flash cwm recovery you are s-off.

Yes enter recovery, wipe everything in mounts and storage and either flash a stock ruu thru hboot, or flash a rom of your choosing. Do not choose aply update.zip choose install from sdcard, and select your roms zip file.

I would also flash a new radio thru hboot, as i have never seen that version of radio for the incredible. http://dinc.does-it.net/Radios.
ok, so here's where I'm at now:
updated radio via hboot via last link posted. i can now get to recovery screen, which is awesome, but - i can select any of the options and select one, and then it goes to a black screen with the ROM manager hat logo, with a yellow arrow under it. The arrow does not move or rotate, as if it was processing my command. it just sits idle on that logo forever.

i can hit power to go back to the recovery menu, and selecting nothing, well, does anything!

any ideas? just far your replies have gotten me past the loop i was in, so i eagerly hope there's more input for me now as to why none of the options in recovery screen process when i select them, they just go to a logo with the hat and an arrow (remember, the arrow isn't moving at all).

btw its ClockworkMod Recovery v 5.0.2.0

thanks again,
ben

bluedimensional123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
p.s. - my updated radio is 2.05.00.06.11 now, if that is important.