Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Rooted Incredible w/ Cyanogenmod 7, stuck in boot loop, can't boot to recovery

OP bluedimensional123

25th February 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag nashville
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
hello all, my first post.
I have incredible, rooted, with cyanogenmod 7. it has been working as normal for months and months. the other day, it just got stuck in the boot animation. i hadn't changed anything, system tweaks, etc, right before this.

i hold volume down and press power, and it goes to bootloader mode. normally here, i can select RECOVERY, and then goes to the black screen, where i could do many things, drastic as wipe the phone, reinstall cyanogenmod, g-apps, etc.

whats my problem now, is that when i hold power down and power and get to the white recovery screen, if i select RECOVERY, it doesnt go where it used to. it goes to the OTHER white screen where choices are, REBOOT, POWER DOWN, etc. So i select to go into recovery mode (the black screen) but it never goes there now. Always did before. Just goes to that next white screen, letting me reboot and start the cycle over again. I've tried with no SC card, no difference.

I found a post someone giving specific directions to format sd card, put radio update only on card, and boot with that in phone. I did, and it successfully said it updated, but still nothing has changed.

I cant get into recovery mode, to reformat, wipe, run any updates, nothing. I've tried so many times i can't even guess. I think it has become a brick. But I finally posted here hoping i may find some advice.

Anyone have any ideas of what i can do, if i can get into recovery mode?

if this helps, this all the info on the white screen - holding power down and powering on:

HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICORP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
RADIO-2.15.00.0000
Jul 23 2010, 10:06:51

thanks,
ben
Last edited by bluedimensional123; 25th February 2012 at 12:22 AM.
25th February 2012, 02:18 AM   |  #2  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 12

181 posts
Have you tried installing the latest recovery through ROM manager? I've no idea why this would have happened but if we can get you there. We can fix it

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium
25th February 2012, 02:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag nashville

20 posts
More
i cant boot fully, so i cant access ROM manager.
25th February 2012, 02:58 AM   |  #4  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 930

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedimensional123

i cant boot fully, so i cant access ROM manager.

Flash this thru hboot. It the latest cwm recovery. You are s-off right?

http://dinc.does-it.net/Recoveries/C....0/PB31IMG.zip

Also the radio version you posted above 2.15.00.0000, is that a typo? I have never seen that radio version before.
Last edited by cmlusco; 25th February 2012 at 03:01 AM.
25th February 2012, 04:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag nashville

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

Flash this thru hboot. It the latest cwm recovery. You are s-off right?Also the radio version you posted above 2.15.00.0000, is that a typo? I have never seen that radio version before.

excuse my noob-ness, term-wise, i don't know what s-off means.

i will try the link to latest cwm recovery zip, next.

and thats not a typo, 2.15.00.0000 is what it says!
25th February 2012, 04:29 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag nashville

20 posts
More
Quote:

excuse my noob-ness, term-wise, i don't know what s-off means.

i will try the link to latest cwm recovery zip, next.

and thats not a typo, 2.15.00.0000 is what it says!

ok that update worked! because its been a minute, and i'm so hyped to fix this, i am proceeding with extra extra caution; so, remind me what to choose here - i just don't want to get back into that loop. If i need to wipe phone's data, that's fine. My phone will be working and that makes me ecstatic!
25th February 2012, 04:56 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag nashville

20 posts
More
Quote:

ok that update worked! because its been a minute, and i'm so hyped to fix this, i am proceeding with extra extra caution; so, remind me what to choose here - i just don't want to get back into that loop. If i need to wipe phone's data, that's fine. My phone will be working and that makes me ecstatic!

• reboot system now
  • apply update from sdcard
  • wipe data / factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
  • install zip from sdcard
  • backup and restore
  • mounts and storage
  • advanced
  • power off

i assume choose apply update from sdcard, and run latest cyanogenmod zip, then g-apps, etc...am i right?
25th February 2012, 05:32 AM   |  #8  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 930

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

• reboot system now
  • apply update from sdcard
  • wipe data / factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
  • install zip from sdcard
  • backup and restore
  • mounts and storage
  • advanced
  • power off

i assume choose apply update from sdcard, and run latest cyanogenmod zip, then g-apps, etc...am i right?

S-off is security off. It allows you to flash images not signed by HTC. At the top of the hboot screen it should say either s-on or s-off. If it let tou flash cwm recovery you are s-off.

Yes enter recovery, wipe everything in mounts and storage and either flash a stock ruu thru hboot, or flash a rom of your choosing. Do not choose aply update.zip choose install from sdcard, and select your roms zip file.

I would also flash a new radio thru hboot, as i have never seen that version of radio for the incredible. http://dinc.does-it.net/Radios.
Last edited by cmlusco; 25th February 2012 at 05:38 AM.
25th February 2012, 03:48 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag nashville

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

S-off is security off. It allows you to flash images not signed by HTC. At the top of the hboot screen it should say either s-on or s-off. If it let tou flash cwm recovery you are s-off.

Yes enter recovery, wipe everything in mounts and storage and either flash a stock ruu thru hboot, or flash a rom of your choosing. Do not choose aply update.zip choose install from sdcard, and select your roms zip file.

I would also flash a new radio thru hboot, as i have never seen that version of radio for the incredible. http://dinc.does-it.net/Radios.

ok, so here's where I'm at now:
updated radio via hboot via last link posted. i can now get to recovery screen, which is awesome, but - i can select any of the options and select one, and then it goes to a black screen with the ROM manager hat logo, with a yellow arrow under it. The arrow does not move or rotate, as if it was processing my command. it just sits idle on that logo forever.

i can hit power to go back to the recovery menu, and selecting nothing, well, does anything!

any ideas? just far your replies have gotten me past the loop i was in, so i eagerly hope there's more input for me now as to why none of the options in recovery screen process when i select them, they just go to a logo with the hat and an arrow (remember, the arrow isn't moving at all).

btw its ClockworkMod Recovery v 5.0.2.0

thanks again,
ben
25th February 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag nashville

20 posts
More
p.s. - my updated radio is 2.05.00.06.11 now, if that is important.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread