Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

[Q] How can I delete my GMAIL account on tablet?

OP opentoe

25th February 2012, 01:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

371 posts
Weird question maybe. The default email client on the tablet is using the built in app. It connects to my gmail account which is fine, but I want to use the OTHER email client that is on the tablet and setup my other IMAP email accounts also and not use the default Gmail client (which is the red app) and use the yellow one that just says "mail".

Also, does anyone know what the main difference between the two email clients that are loaded on the tablet by default?

One is red and the other is yellow. I guess they are no Outlook 2010, but better than nothing right?
25th February 2012, 01:38 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles area, CA
Thanks Meter: 119

364 posts
More
Have you tried simply deleting the GMail app? That would be my first guess...
25th February 2012, 02:52 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

30 posts
More
The red app is Gmail - only used for google's email. The yellow app is for any other email accounts like aol or yahoo.

Go into settings and click "Accounts and Sync" then add account on the top right. Click email and add your imap account. During setup make sure you have Default Account checked, that should set it as default. Hope this helps.
25th February 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #4  
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 897

3,061 posts
More
I personally delete gmail each time it comes back with a new ROM.

It just needs a rooted device and one of the numerous apps that can uninstall a system app, or a root file explorer to erase /system/app/gmail.apk.
25th February 2012, 08:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
You can remove the Gmail sync element in settings for that account. Then setup the other email client. Only one email app will check for emails then.

Or as someone said root and uninstall it.
25th February 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
In all honesty I usually just turn off gmail notifications and set up all the other email in my EMAIL app. That way I don't lose anything other than gmail app telling me when I have new mail.

Just open gmail app, go into settings, touch your username, uncheck notifications.
25th February 2012, 11:27 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 70

476 posts
You can freeze the Gmail apk. with Titanium backup and not need to uninstall.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread