Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to build kernel from source

Tip us?

thederekjay
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1ForFun

Damn man I try to like you but you act like such a condescending know it all 99% of the time. You need to chill out. Your answers in here are always talking down to people and you never offer anything useful. In fact, you act like this in most threads that are not yours. Really shows the kind of person that you are.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
Yeah you are exactly right. I mean this internet forum really show the exact person I am. I mean I am the most condescending, disrespectful, know it all of the board. I could careless if you don't like me or want to perceive what I say in a negitive manner. The info i offered was spot on and what was explaining was 100% correct. You want to comment on my post but seems you neglect the ones before it...

:: LOVE MY HATERS :: DARKSIDE ::
: : D A R K S I D E : :

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE."

Find me [HERE] on Google+

Follow me @DARKSIDE_TDJ on Twitter

thederekjay
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orical

Long time no see man, looks like love is a distant dream over here huh?
Its terrible over here.. everyone knows more than the next. Complete waste of my time and effort over here. Not much love or appreciation for what you bring to the table and for the contributions to the community. Oh well, not my first rodeo and could careless how other people run their devices.. I know mine runs good..

: : D A R K S I D E : :

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE."

Find me [HERE] on Google+

Follow me @DARKSIDE_TDJ on Twitter

Orical
Old
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thederekjay View Post
Its terrible over here.. everyone knows more than the next. Complete waste of my time and effort over here. Not much love or appreciation for what you bring to the table and for the contributions to the community. Oh well, not my first rodeo and could careless how other people run their devices.. I know mine runs good..

Well it wasn't all peaches and cream over at the MT4G forum either but it looks like a tough crowd over here man, I thought you would have won over people here by now with the time you put in on the work but I guess that's not a big seller either.

It's gotta be the device dude, the old one still has at least 3 threads in the top ten and you haven't been over there in how long? Grain of salt and directions to the complaint department is all you can do lol...... I'll catch you later man.
Device #1 Tmo Galaxy Note 3 of coarse

JaZart
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by thederekjay View Post

I for one and many others love your work.

You've given us a lot. Please continue support

Racing19969
Old
Thanks Meter 1241

DONATE TO ME
Great script..

I have one problem.. When I change line 9 and 20 and build the kernel, line 9 is set in the build but line 20 is not.. Any ideas why??

HIT THANKS BUTTON IF HELPED OUT!!

Recent Projects: AOKP rom, Baked Rom, PACman Rom, TWRP Recovery2.4 , CWM Recovery, BlueLightning Kernel
LiquidSmooth JB 4.2.1-Alpha, CM 10.1-Unofficial-Alpha

Omnicide
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by datzstr8 View Post

Call this to extract your boot.img to get the initramfs folder
Code:
Select Code
extractboot boot.img
I follow you right up untill here. I have my boot.img in the folder but when I try I get "extractboot: command not found" any help on this? I might have just missed something.

Racing19969
Old
Thanks Meter 1241

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicide View Post
I follow you right up untill here. I have my boot.img in the folder but when I try I get "extractboot: command not found" any help on this? I might have just missed something.
Did you download the extractboot files and put them in your system path? If not, that is why. You are using a command and the file is not there to execute....
Hope this helps you...

Recent Projects: AOKP rom, Baked Rom, PACman Rom, TWRP Recovery2.4 , CWM Recovery, BlueLightning Kernel

Omnicide
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing19969 View Post
Did you download the extractboot files and put them in your system path? If not, that is why. You are using a command and the file is not there to execute....
Hope this helps you...
Well im very new to this I just wanted to play around i learn hands on. But I am 99% sure I put it were it need to be. I was able to unzip it useing UXTerm my stock boot.img is in there as well. I even tryed the downloading the other extractboot of the ref. site and still no luck.

Racing19969
Old
Thanks Meter 1241

DONATE TO ME
Did you make sure the files are executable?
What OS are you using?
How are you executing the command?

open a terminal in the folder containing your file and execute: ./extractboot bootimg

Omnicide
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing19969 View Post
Did you make sure the files are executable?
What OS are you using?
How are you executing the command?

open a terminal in the folder containing your file and execute: ./extractboot bootimg
I am just going by this thread. I am a 100% newb to this. I downloaded ubuntu witch I have never used before but getting the hang of it. (kinda thinking this is just dos.) I also don't know how to see if it is executable. For the command after extractboot was tar xzf in I did just as it says and "extractboot boot.img. Now I know the file is there because when I type in the "directory"/boot.img it says permission denied. This is why I am lost I seem to have everything right but it just not working for me. Something small and dumb I am missing I know it.