Post Reply

[Q] how install theme in atrix

OP fire159

25th February 2012, 08:30 AM   |  #1  
fire159's Avatar
OP Member
Flag isfahan
Thanks Meter: 3
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
please guide me
how i use diffrent theme in my atrix 4g ??

thanks all
25th February 2012, 01:47 PM   |  #2  
msd24200's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KY
Thanks Meter: 102
 
2,530 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire159

please guide me
how i use diffrent theme in my atrix 4g ??

thanks all

Pick a theme you like and ask in that thread if it's compatible with whatever rom you are using!

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
25th February 2012, 06:53 PM   |  #3  
Swiftks's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,926
 
3,711 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire159

please guide me
how i use diffrent theme in my atrix 4g ??

thanks all

CM7 theme?? If so, install it and use Theme Chooser to enable it.

Sent from my CM7 Atrix 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to Swiftks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
1,609 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Would it be possible to install a theme without theme chooser ?
25th February 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #5  
Swiftks's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,926
 
3,711 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrix_Owner

Would it be possible to install a theme without theme chooser ?

For CM7??? Yeah it's possible, but time consuming as hell. You have to pull the framework-res & systemui apks, decompile replace/add what you want, recompile, and then flash. Also, any apps or things like the phone/contacts menu, settings menu, etc. you would also have to manually edit.

That's why theme Chooser is so nice, you make all your changes in a single apk file.

I usually start with a theme I like, then decompie it & customize it as I see fit.

Sent from my CM7 Atrix 4G
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swiftks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2012, 07:37 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
1,609 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftks

For CM7??? Yeah it's possible, but time consuming as hell. You have to pull the framework-res & systemui apks, decompile replace/add what you want, recompile, and then flash. Also, any apps or things like the phone/contacts menu, settings menu, etc. you would also have to manually edit.

That's why theme Chooser is so nice, you make all your changes in a single apk file.

I usually start with a theme I like, then decompie it & customize it as I see fit.

Sent from my CM7 Atrix 4G

I see. Let's say that I have applied a theme using theme chooser in cm7, do I still need theme chooser in my phone after that? I like to remove as much as possible from the pre-installed apks that come with cm7. Once the theme is applied, I guess theme chooser isn't needed?
25th February 2012, 08:23 PM   |  #7  
msd24200's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KY
Thanks Meter: 102
 
2,530 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrix_Owner

I see. Let's say that I have applied a theme using theme chooser in cm7, do I still need theme chooser in my phone after that? I like to remove as much as possible from the pre-installed apks that come with cm7. Once the theme is applied, I guess theme chooser isn't needed?



Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
28th February 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #8  
fire159's Avatar
OP Member
Flag isfahan
Thanks Meter: 3
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftks

CM7 theme?? If so, install it and use Theme Chooser to enable it.

Sent from my CM7 Atrix 4G

i use 2.3.4 orginal in my atrix 4g mb860

my phone is root / but i dont unlock boot loader cuse i love this current rom .

and im waiting for android 4

so can i change theme in my phone !?

thx for help
29th February 2012, 04:41 PM   |  #9  
maulich's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Carmichael, CA
Thanks Meter: 166
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire159

i use 2.3.4 orginal in my atrix 4g mb860

my phone is root / but i dont unlock boot loader cuse i love this current rom .

and im waiting for android 4

so can i change theme in my phone !?

thx for help

If you are running stock rom the answer is no.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to maulich For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 06:28 AM   |  #10  
fire159's Avatar
OP Member
Flag isfahan
Thanks Meter: 3
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maulich

If you are running stock rom the answer is no.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

i find it myself
just instal miuisp launcher and in this launcher we can select diffrent theme or lock screen .

for example now i use iphone hd theme and ........

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes