I really don't like TouchWiz at all, so, when the first ICS sources became available, I started porting AOSP to our device.
There are still some major and many minor bugs, but ROM seems to be stable and usable.
Please look for buglist below, so you can decide, do you need to flash it or not.
I'll try to fix those bugs as soon as possible, so please, don't ask when something will be fixed, I really don't know
Description: This is clean and clear ICS (4.0.3) without any modifications. This is not CM, just AOSP. It may be used with tablet or with phone UI.
(Capacitive buttons are already removed, if you want them - download package below)
a) if you're on any other build: flash Chainfire ICS repack (http://www.mirorii.com/fichier/3/501...EPACK-tar.html) using mobile odin
b) if you're on previous imilka AOSP: do nothing
2. Upload aospgnXX.zip into your sdcard
3. Reboot into recovery
4. Flash aospgnXX.zip
a) if you was on AOSP ICS previous versions and want to keep your data: do nothing
b) if you was on any other build: wipe data using CWM recovery
6. Reboot and wait
If you're stuck at bootanimation on first boot, reboot your device by holding power button
1) Adapted for LP5 kernel
2) Button lightning now works independent of brightness setting
3) Calendar and Chrome sync fixes
4) Keyboard dictionary fix
5) Re-added facelock
1). Full rebuild based on 4.0.4 AOSP source code
2). Fixed video recording up to 1080p.
3). Changed to opensource OMX codecs by CM9 team, thanks a lot for your hard work guys.
4). Fixed phone call screen bug
5). Fixed settings FC in tablet mode (again yep)
6). Added fonts for Phorostop touch, Kindle and other
7). Removed NFC and apps depending on it such as Wallet.
Remade sdcard mounting and UMS again.
Please, do NOT move mount points.
1) Fixed USB Mass Storage
2) Changed storage layout (both external and internal sdcards show properly in Settings)
3) Moved external SD mountpoint from /mnt/sdcard/external_sd to /mnt/external_sd
4) Fixed "Android is upgrading" on every reboot
5) Reduced button haptic feedback level a bit
6) Fixed Wi-Fi re-enable problem
7) Signal strength in status bar should be displayed properly
8) Menu button doesn't unlock the phone
9) Some dalvik/build.prop tweaks, used values provided by fards
1) Fixed video playback, thanks CM9 team
2) Included e-pen landscape fix
3) Included wired headphones buttons fix
4) Added haptic feedback on menu and return buttons
5) Some minor tweaks again, also changed multiple libs - build may feel a bit smoother
1) Included external SD mount fix
2) Included button backlight fix
3) Included 8MP Camera fix
4) Included tablet mode settings FC fix
5) Changed launcher APK to that one that doesn't FC in tablet mode
6) Changed bootanimation to proper 1280x800
7) Removed unneeded ro.sf.density lines from build.prop, now there's only one
8) Other minor tweaks and edits you probably won't notice
1) fixed root issues, system is now writable
2) fixed face unlock
3) fixed bluetooth AVRCP (you can now use buttons on your BT headset)
4) seem to be fixed external sd mounting, it now mounts to /emmc, but it needs testing, report please
5) Included framework without buttons
CyanogenMod team for omx codecs and their hard work for the community. xaoc747 for testing chainfire for kernel drgopoos for mirroring grgsiocl for tip about removing capacitive buttons and for afilopou for making working file JamieD81 for battery percentage mod fards, be_vigilant, Didace33 for help with SD mount grgsiocl for button lightning tip emptynick for camera 8MP fix bnapalm for tablet mode settings FC fix fards again for /usr tweaks (s-pen, audio buttons) oedex for help and information about button vibration Santa-Claus_16 for many tips
No matter how much we try to hide it, we all have some creative juices flowing somewhere … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?