I started a thread on this then discovered that it's been asked plenty of times before. After doing research I have discovered the following things:
1) It is possible to replace the Bluetooth stack on Android
2) We would have to make Android play the role of the hands free and not an audio gateway
3) This has been implemented - http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/b...arrot-asteroid
4) The stack on Android is BlueZ
5) The devs at Cyanogen mod have been working with the Android Bluetooth stack
From what I can see, we would have to modify the Hands-Free Profile in the Bluez stack to play the hands-free role. If we could somehow load in another profile or edit the existing one, that might do the trick. I'm not too familiar with Bluetooth, but I will be going over code tonight to see if I can come up with an idea.
Dell Streak - Gingerbread, rooted, unlocked
Dell Streak 5 - Froyo Stock in the car.
[RAPH110]HTC Touch Pro(aka Fuze)
- 13.May.2010 | WM6.5.3 23569 | Sense 2.5 GTX
Samsung Jack- WinMo 6.1