5,595,815 Members 37,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Zerging root.... Failed to get root!!?? (HTC Sensation XE Rooting problem)

Tip us?

behinduall
Old
Thanks Meter 5
So, u have to download HTC Supertool v3.0 and find tacoroot.bin in it.
Then, use this guide here:
http://rootzwiki.com/_/articles/taco...c-devices-r281

When u reach --root, then use revolutionary. And after that --undo command otherwise, you're phone it's a a goner!

Sent from my Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium, s-offed, rooted using taco root and revolutionary, hboot 1.27.1100, Insertcoin 5.1.1(Stable), ICS 4.0.3, Sense 3.6

behinduall
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by behinduall View Post
So, u have to download HTC Supertool v3.0 and find tacoroot.bin in it.
Then, use this guide here:
http://rootzwiki.com/_/articles/taco...c-devices-r281

When u reach --root, then use revolutionary. And after that --undo command otherwise, you're phone it's a a goner!

Sent from my Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium, s-offed, rooted using taco root and revolutionary, hboot 1.27.1100, Insertcoin 5.1.1(Stable), ICS 4.0.3, Sense 3.6
Here's the proof.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1331288668156.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	938789   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1331288687306.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	938790   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1331288701529.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	938791  

behinduall
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Ans those who are going to flash or want to flash Android Revolution HD, flash Insertcoin instead of it. It's much much stable, phone does not heat up, 50% increased battery life. All the patches same as ARHD. % battery shown in stock battery. Super stable and has no bugs. All drivers are working superbly. Like they should be. (I have flashed both and this is my experience)

behinduall
Old
Thanks Meter 5
You don't need the Super wipe script if u are gonna flash Insertcoin's Rom cause it asks while installing and it also asks whether to use Beats system wide integration. So, 5.1.1 OS for both Sensation and sensation xe. Also includes 1.5GHz overclock. But, I would recommend sticking to stock

k33p_walk1ng
Old
(Last edited by k33p_walk1ng; 15th March 2012 at 12:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Post taco root

Can't root with taco . My phone (Sensation XE 1.18.0000 1.77.720.103) just reboots and that's it... My bootloader is unlocked via htc-dev and I'm s-on.This is what the taco says.

rm failed for /data/data/recovery/log, No such file or directory
link failed No such file or directory

Rebooting into root.
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied

Saakshath
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by behinduall View Post
Guys, I had the same problem. You have to use taco root. If u want to know more then PM me. It does not involve downgrading and all that

hey, i want to know how to get s-off using tacoroot...tell me the details...

Bharath9590
Old
(Last edited by Bharath9590; 12th April 2012 at 04:05 PM.) Reason: Perfect Solution
Thanks Meter 25
Default Resolved...this works..

Quote:
Originally Posted by XthedoomlegacyX View Post
Hi, so i bought my sensation xe about 1 month ago and now i want to root. I used revolutionary and chose the hboot (1.18) and gave the serial code, but now when i put in the serial and it searches for root, it says failed to get root What is the problem?? I have all the drivers installed and everything set up... And also, when i bought the phone, it gave me an update and i did it, could that be the problem??

And yes i am a noob and this is my first HTC phone.

Thanks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1541087
Go to this link..follow this method..its works perfectly to s-off HTC Sensation XE..
ping me for any queries...From India..

Ryanfmalta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by k33p_walk1ng View Post
Can't root with taco . My phone (Sensation XE 1.18.0000 1.77.720.103) just reboots and that's it... My bootloader is unlocked via htc-dev and I'm s-on.This is what the taco says.

rm failed for /data/data/recovery/log, No such file or directory
link failed No such file or directory

Rebooting into root.
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
i had the same problem, unlocked by htcdev and s on ans tacoroot didnt work

this is what i did ,i installed cwm recovery, then flashed a rooted 2.3.4 gb rom ,then ran revolutionary (a few times cause didnt work straight away) got s off, then fully rooted ,then supercid, now i have arhd 6.6.2 ics rom

Bharath9590
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default Solution

you are doing a mistake there...you are supposed to hold shift and then right click..open command window here...its should work now...
Had same prob with Sensation xe...Solves now...

Ping me for any doubts...