OP Novarox

25th February 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn, Ny
Thanks Meter: 6

37 posts
More
Hey all,

I've been a long time lurker on these forums and I've noticed quite a few people upgrading to the Sensation. From what I can tell, there's a way to get a FREE Sensation by sending your mt4g to T-Mobile for repairs since HTC no longer makes the mt4g. Is this correct? I asked a T-mo customer service rep and she said it isn't true. Of course, she could have been told to tell customers that so we don't all suddenly break our phones and have a new more expensive phone given to us.

If this is true, how can I return a phone after I've rooted it? I've seen various guides on how to return to stock and put s-on back. Would this be enough to get passed the voided warranty issue of a rooted phone?

What if my mt4g is actually in 100% working condition? Is there a safe way to damage it just enough to warrant a replacement?

Thanks, all! Sorry if this was posted in the wrong area.
25th February 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles, California, United States
Thanks Meter: 11

356 posts
More
Becareful because sometimes they send you the Mytouch.. LG version
25th February 2012, 07:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn, Ny

37 posts
More
Yeah, I read about that too. I would tell them up front that I will not accept a downgrade but require a phone of equal or greater value. I'm used to crappy service from these big companies and have found that if you make a big deal out of something, they'll do anything they can to shut you up.
25th February 2012, 08:24 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Developer
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 3,341

4,888 posts
Donate to Me
More
only a few lucky people have gotten the Sensation as a replacement... :/

it kinda depends on whether you get a good rep or not... if you get a bad one.. well good luck with that... lol

as far as bricking... i guess you could always flash a Radio or some system file not made for this device... but be careful with that
25th February 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn, Ny

37 posts
More
Thanks for the reply, S, but I never mentioned bricking in my post lol.

So it looks like the only two devices that are given as replacements are the Sensation and the LG mt4g, right?

Now to my final question; how do you purposely cause your phone to malfunction so T-mo will have to replace it while not voiding your warranty? My guess is to press one of the hardware keys hard enough so it gets stuck. Probably the track pad since I've read reports of people getting theirs stuck. Worst case scenario here is that your phone has no track pad, but who uses that on their mt4g anyway?
25th February 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2,613

6,061 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarox

Thanks for the reply, S, but I never mentioned bricking in my post lol.

So it looks like the only two devices that are given as replacements are the Sensation and the LG mt4g, right?

Now to my final question; how do you purposely cause your phone to malfunction so T-mo will have to replace it while not voiding your warranty? My guess is to press one of the hardware keys hard enough so it gets stuck. Probably the track pad since I've read reports of people getting theirs stuck. Worst case scenario here is that your phone has no track pad, but who uses that on their mt4g anyway?

Uuuh, that's what saranhai was referring to. Reread his post.
25th February 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #7  

356 posts
More
be careful, I think in your situation it would be best to report it lost. Personally, my wife lost her phone and they were going to send us an LG phone, but I said no way. It is the MT4G or a better phone. I also told them that my contract is up in a few months and will leave if i get an LG. They said they will call me back today.
25th February 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Brooklyn, Ny

37 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by estallings15

Uuuh, that's what saranhai was referring to. Reread his post.

He suggested I brick my phone which would imply I rooted my phone which would in turn void my warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oak25

be careful, I think in your situation it would be best to report it lost. Personally, my wife lost her phone and they were going to send us an LG phone, but I said no way. It is the MT4G or a better phone. I also told them that my contract is up in a few months and will leave if i get an LG. They said they will call me back today.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you get charged a little over $100 if you report your phone as lost or stolen?
25th February 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #9  

356 posts
More
Arrow
Quote:

He suggested I brick my phone which would imply I rooted my phone which would in turn void my warranty.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you get charged a little over $100 if you report your phone as lost or stolen?

Yes $130. Oh, if it is a malfunction you do not pay right?
25th February 2012, 09:58 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor / Developer
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 3,341

4,888 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Flashing a PD15IMG.zip from another device doesn't require root access...
Plus I turned in a dead phone that was rooted. They never found out or if they did... they didn't care.

Sent from my Infernalized Glacier!

-Team Inferno

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread