Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM]ICS-4.0.4 FLEX-Ressurrection-Aroma_Rev1 (Flexreaper newest edition)(02-Nov-2012)

OP civato

1st June 2012, 02:07 PM   |  #3031  
Thanks Meter: 9

371 posts
Does amyone experience more battery consumption with latest rom comparing with older roms(I am also running nova launcher..I do not know if this interferes with battery)
1st June 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #3032  
Thanks Meter: 11

120 posts
More
Ehi Civ. I'm back from Tegraowners rom, after a little messing up, I'm finally back on FR-RF1_rv3, but my Acer Ring isn't working, when I tap on the "button" nothing happens. Any help?

I appreciate more your rom & support.. You are the best, no way.
1st June 2012, 02:39 PM   |  #3033  
Thanks Meter: 26

178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drharisis

Does amyone experience more battery consumption with latest rom comparing with older roms(I am also running nova launcher..I do not know if this interferes with battery)

Because this kernel is more "tunable", it is easier to get it in a spot where it will consume more battery. In the past the dev's pretuned everything, but now it is kind of up to the user to determine battery life (up to a point).

I don't think the defaults result in significantly different battery life than past roms. When you overclock, or undervolt, you can effect battery life considerably.

The one thing I have done that had the greatest impact on battery life is to turn down the brightness on the display. On my tablet, the automatic brightness setting results in a very bright display, and the display is the biggest consumer of battery. You might try disabling automatic brightness, and turn the display down to the lowest comfortable setting.

Utilitites like SetCpu allow you to vary the clock speed, the higher it is, the more battery you use. Also using a utility like CpuSpy will let you see how long it stays in high speed, so you can determine if it is staying there long enough to be a problem.

Finally, be suspicious of any apps that poll, or are there all the time. Some Widgets have historically been naughty. And yes, some launchers consume more battery than others.

We are reaching a stage with this rom where the devs have pretty much done their job (and done it well), now it is up to the users to do a lot of trial and error to see what individual combination of settings and apps work best for them.

Edit: gps and bluetooth have historically consumed a considerable amount of battery on other devices, it is a good idea to keep them off when not in use.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by crandy2; 1st June 2012 at 03:04 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crandy2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2012, 02:51 PM   |  #3034  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 59

1,159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryryrocco

thought I would add to this

I started using No-frills CPU control instead. No problems I'm aware of yet.

I had been using it at 1.2 normally but last night tested it out at 1.5 and it was very stable. Accidentally left it set at that while it charged at night. Unplugged it at 8am but didn't use it really at all for a half hour maybe (my son was sick today) so it sat there until I just came home at midnight. Turned it on and it still had 97% battery left (only lost 3% sitting idle for 16 hours set at 1.5).

Just thought I would share since it never happens that this tablet sits idle for 16 hours

Well, in all fairness, it is still perfectly running fine. I left it off the charger last night, and woke up this morning, was still at 90% and wasn't hot at all. What I posted was the first time it had happened. I'll look around in setCPU later today and see if I can make out all the different settings.
1st June 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #3035  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 15,609

3,807 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMav88

Ehi Civ. I'm back from Tegraowners rom, after a little messing up, I'm finally back on FR-RF1_rv3, but my Acer Ring isn't working, when I tap on the "button" nothing happens. Any help?

I appreciate more your rom & support.. You are the best, no way.

Full wipe m8, install rom, reboot and do settings and use the ring once.
Then you can go back to cwm to flash any mod you want.
Always reboot first and do settings before you do anything is the golden rule and sometimes restoring data from cwm or titanium can cause ring to fail.
1st June 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #3036  
Thanks Meter: 11

120 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato

Full wipe m8, install rom, reboot and do settings and use the ring once.
Then you can go back to cwm to flash any mod you want.
Always reboot first and do settings before you do anything is the golden rule and sometimes restoring data from cwm or titanium can cause ring to fail.

Yep, I come from a clean install.. Wiped all, but on first boot Acer Ring wasn't working.. It's surely enabled, I modified some ring settings, then flashed white mod and nothing..
It wasn't working before of the mod..
Don't tell me that I should rewipe and reflash all, because I'm coming from 2 days of them.. Bricked/unbricked-bootloops-sod.. I'm exausted of it

EDIT: Everything was working fine (except ring) and tablet was in standby on the desk, suddenly it reboots on its own and now it got on stuck at 2 acer logos (HC BL) on every boot.
I didn't anything special.
Last edited by MadMav88; 1st June 2012 at 05:28 PM.
1st June 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #3037  
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 153

964 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermunky

Well, in all fairness, it is still perfectly running fine. I left it off the charger last night, and woke up this morning, was still at 90% and wasn't hot at all. What I posted was the first time it had happened. I'll look around in setCPU later today and see if I can make out all the different settings.

hey dude,
i also had this happen to me a while ago, was getting ready to leave work tab @ 55%
took a long trip with detour totaling about 2 hours,
when i got home the tab was very hot and switched off.
I rebooted i found battery was completly gone,.
never had it happen before or after , iM assuming it must have been an app that went awol and continued trying to load something or just clocked all the resources up until the battery ran out.

not too bothered, love flexreaper too much tab was mighty hot thou.
1st June 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #3038  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 4

67 posts
More
civato,
I'm still here without GPS working...
I installed the new unl bootloader v7, so I reinstalled your ROM from scratch, but nothing.
I'm so sad because it's the only thing thant is not working for me...
I noticed that in Thor's ROM right beneath the tick for putting GPS on/off
there's a field where you can click and choose between internal or external GPS Antenna. I usually click it and then click on internal...
Then I start the GPS and usually I get a fix, even though not so quickly....
Last edited by landscapelinux; 1st June 2012 at 06:34 PM.
1st June 2012, 06:10 PM   |  #3039  
Recognized Developer
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 825

617 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnXIII

Hi there.
First up, double kuddos for this Rom.(RF1 and the rest)
They kicks ass.
Fast, smooth and good looking.
I love them.

I noticed that some games are having issues.
(Anomaly: Warzone hearth, Sentinel 3: Homeworld, NFS(both), etc)
Game opens up, but after about 4/5 minutes, screen becomes laggy and then the graphical processor crashes.

Again, this is not a complaint, just an FYI.
I've been digging on my side to see if the trouble is related to the games themselves or the tablet or the ROM.

I will investigate further.
If anyone as any toughts, please let me know.

I am also having this issue with gameloft games. Happens 100% of time on order and chaos. Screen flashes black/and color and gpu crashes as verified by logcat. It seems to be a bootloader/kernel issue and is rom agnostic which happens to me on all hacked versions of ics bootloader and not on HC bootloader(have not tried stock ics bootloaders). Had to roll back to HC itsmagic bootloader to play it.
1st June 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #3040  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 59

1,159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chismay

hey dude,
i also had this happen to me a while ago, was getting ready to leave work tab @ 55%
took a long trip with detour totaling about 2 hours,
when i got home the tab was very hot and switched off.
I rebooted i found battery was completly gone,.
never had it happen before or after , iM assuming it must have been an app that went awol and continued trying to load something or just clocked all the resources up until the battery ran out.

not too bothered, love flexreaper too much tab was mighty hot thou.

Precisely what I was thinking. I thought about pulling the logcat, but that thing was so loaded with stuff I gave up quickly. Like you, haven't had it happen since, and my A500 has been running smooth as butter on RF1 rev 3 extreme and setCPU at 1504 max. Loving it, and thanks again Civ for everything you've contributed to these forums, especially the A500 crowd

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread