[ROM] (4/15/12) KlassicROM 2.3.6 for YP-G1 USA + INTL [R5: FINAL]
Klin's Klassic 2.3.6 ROM for Galaxy Player 4.0 USA + INTL
Latest Version: R5
Future updates now managed by hanthesolo here
I've been working on a new ROM, and instead of updating Klassic I will start over completely with a newer and different ROM. Hanthesolo has taken over and will be using my ROMs as a base for his.
I have done the best I could with this ROM, and it has been a great learning experience for me. Unfortunately, I don't have time to continue to release new versions, and I feel it's easier if I just mod my own ROM I am using to my personal use. That way I can customize it the way I want without having to suit the needs of others, and I don't have to deal with those who are ungrateful and take any help from XDA for granted. But once CM7 (big thanks to tdmcode) becomes fairly stable, I *might* consider using it as a base and creating a new custom ROM for the public. But for now, I am no longer developing ROMs, but I will still continue my kernel. (BTW, R2 changes are already on GitHub, just need to compile them now)
Well, still, thanks to all those who supported my first custom ROM!
As I was messing with my Galaxy Player, I discovered that ROMs for these devices can be swapped between the INTL and USA versions as long as you have the right kernel. This ROM is based off of 2.3.6 XXKPQ for the International YP-G1 but can work for the USA version too. Enjoy
Features (Initial Release):
- Gingerbread 2.3.6
- Overscroll Glow
- Transparent StatusBar
- CRT Screen-off Animation
- ICS Transitions (Note: Use ADW Launcher to get full ICS Transition effects; using Touchwiz will only give you partial effects)
- Custom StatusBar Icons
- Custom Battery Icon
- Roboto (ICS) font
- Custom Themed (Can use UOT kitchen to create your own theme)
- Various build.prop tweaks for performance and battery life.
- I9000 Apps Compatibility MOD (Can see more apps in the Market)
- Supercharged with V6 Supercharger
with Die-Hard Launcher! (Credits go to zeppelinrox
for creating the script. You can download and run the script again to customize settings yourself )
- Includes Stock Samsung and Swype Keyboard
- Includes stock Touchwiz Launcher
- Super Smooth Scrolling MOD
- Improved theme
- Touchwiz 4.5 (finally have a version that is fairly stable on our devices)
- Semi-transparent dock
- SGS2 Widgets
- New wallpaper in Wallpaper Gallery
- Beats Audio MOD (credits to RockoDev and fuss132) Use with Voodoo Sound for superb sound playback!
- ShareApp.apk installed
- Advanced powermenu; added Reboot, Recovery, and Download (Thanks Meticulus for helping me sort out some issues)
- Updated hosts file that blocks ads
- Improve touch responsiveness MOD (credits to fuss132)
- More build.prop tweaks
- Meticulus' "DeviceId" hack (fixes some apps; thank him not me
Now supports INTL players! Flash Steves kernel and then R4 WITHOUT wiping data. Just wipe cache and dalvik cache. (Goes for both INTL and USA devices)
- Reverted to 2.3.5 G1UEKI8.
- Updated theme
- Custom bootanimation support; download any bootanimation.zip, rename it to sanim.zip, place in /system/media/, set correct permissions and reboot (thanks to Meticulus' 'animod')
- Galaxy Nexus boot animation
- Centered StatusBar Clock
- Removed TouchWiz 4.5 due to it being unstable
- Inludes my Modified TouchWiz 3.0
- Super smooth spinners MOD
- 14 StatusBar Toggles (credits to lidroid) Note: Flashlight doesn't work and will result in a fc, so don't use it. Use QuickPanelSettings to customize toggles
- Still includes Advanced Power Menu
- AOSP Lockscreen (you can use UOT Kitchen's lockscreen section to theme)
- Menu key to unlock screen
- Removed "No Carrier" from lock screen
- Settings.apk from a I9000 ROM with more options; 'call settings' doesn't work
- DSP Manager from CM7
- Zipaligned/Batch Optimized
- MIUI Music Player
- Google Talk with Video Chat
- Restored build.prop to YP-G1
- Removed Meticulus' "DeviceId" hack because it only works on 2.3.6
- Still has all MODS from previous versions of Klassic that are not mentioned here
- Added MIUI Music Player that I accidentally forgot in R4
- Re-based on 2.3.6 XXKPQ firmware for compatibility with INTL versions
- Total ICS theme (some parts ported from Vertumus ICS Domination)
- Debloated - Removed several Google Apps that you can get from the Market
- EXT4 filesystem
- Includes my custom kernel, which is based on STeVE's and supports EXT4
- Removed Beats Audio Mod because of video playback issues
- Supercharged with V6 Supercharger using init.d
- Various init.d scripts for better performance
- LOTS of build.prop tweaks
- Removed bootanimation support (will be included with next release of kernel)
All releases are here: http://www.mediafire.com/?fketh01nz1gsq
Installation Instructions in 2nd Post
Special thanks to:
- zeppelinrox for his V6 Supercharger
- SteveS for his custom kernel
- Choucas06 for making a dump of the 2.3.6 firmware a while ago.
- Entropy512, rumirand, Meticulus, and many others not mentioned here.
- XDA for this forum
- Lastly, thank YOU for being part of this community.
If you like my ROM, please click 'thanks'. It keeps me encouraged to continue to share my work.
Please don't post errors or issues unless you have DONE A WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET and still have those issues. Seriously, a simple reset can solve all sorts of problems.