Thread Closed

[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I897) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

OP krarvind

28th February 2012, 01:01 PM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 26

416 posts
Donate to Me
More
So after about an hour last night I was able to successfully get SLIM running on my phone. The order of events was as follows:

Note: I was coming from Galnet Miui 2.11.26
1). Downloaded base rom + essentials package
2). Data/factor reset --> Flashed base rom through CWM = boot loop
3). Rebooted into CWM, data/factory reset --> Flashed again through CWM = boot loop
4). Used Odin 1 click to install 2.3.4
5). Installed EZboot GB boot loaders
6). Flashed SLIM again --> boot loop
7). Repeated step 4 and 5
8). Downloaded and flashed - teamhacksung's build 16
9). THS16 worked/phone booted
10). Rebooted into recovery and flashed SLIM base rom + essentials package with no problems
11). Phone now has SLIM ICS on it

So tldr; Stock 2.3.4 --> EZboot GBL --> THS16 --> SLIM + essentials
Works perfectly. This ROM is awesome.
Last edited by xreflection; 28th February 2012 at 01:03 PM.
28th February 2012, 01:16 PM   |  #112  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Saint John, NB
Thanks Meter: 12,725

5,883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xreflection

So after about an hour last night I was able to successfully get SLIM running on my phone. The order of events was as follows:

Note: I was coming from Galnet Miui 2.11.26
1). Downloaded base rom + essentials package
2). Data/factor reset --> Flashed base rom through CWM = boot loop
3). Rebooted into CWM, data/factory reset --> Flashed again through CWM = boot loop
4). Used Odin 1 click to install 2.3.4
5). Installed EZboot GB boot loaders
6). Flashed SLIM again --> boot loop
7). Repeated step 4 and 5
8). Downloaded and flashed - teamhacksung's build 16
9). THS16 worked/phone booted
10). Rebooted into recovery and flashed SLIM base rom + essentials package with no problems
11). Phone now has SLIM ICS on it

So tldr; Stock 2.3.4 --> EZboot GBL --> THS16 --> SLIM + essentials
Works perfectly. This ROM is awesome.

Wow thats some detailed procedure. I would like somebody who is on MIUI or another ICS or GB Rom to try this and tell me if this works
  • Flash my Essentials first, reboot to recovery
  • wipe data, flash base + essentials + wifi patch ( sgs, and captivate users), reboot
28th February 2012, 01:29 PM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 37

663 posts
More
I'm getting a few random reboots, but it's fantastic other than that! Much faster than ICSSGS that I'd been running for the past few months.
28th February 2012, 01:33 PM   |  #114  
Flag Saint John, NB

5,883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBatRFan

I'm getting a few random reboots, but it's fantastic other than that! Much faster than ICSSGS that I'd been running for the past few months.

Pls describe how you flashed, what kernel you are on etc.
28th February 2012, 02:42 PM   |  #115  
Thanks Meter: 37

663 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krarvind

Pls describe how you flashed, what kernel you are on etc.

I was on ICSSGS RC3, wasn't happy with performance so I was going to flash back to a KK4 ROM (Serenity). I flashed Corn kernel, then Serenity. Flash didn't work, I was still stuck on CM Platypus kernel. Repeated process, same problem. I decided to flash Slim ICS. Cleared data, dalvik, then flashed Slim package, then essentials without rebooting. Didn't flash any extra kernels or anything. Everything is stock.

Also, my power button has stopped working :/

XDA App, Samsung Captivate
28th February 2012, 02:47 PM   |  #116  
Flag Saint John, NB

5,883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was on ICSSGS RC3, wasn't happy with performance so I was going to flash back to a KK4 ROM (Serenity). I flashed Corn kernel, then Serenity. Flash didn't work, I was still stuck on CM Platypus kernel. Repeated process, same problem. I decided to flash Slim ICS. Cleared data, dalvik, then flashed Slim package, then essentials without rebooting. Didn't flash any extra kernels or anything. Everything is stock.

weird mate, really weird. get to recovery ( via adb), wipe everything, flash my essentials first, reboot to recovery, flash base + essentials + wifi patch.
28th February 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #117  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 582

1,072 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No wonder Serentiy didn't work after you flashed it from ICS. Because you have to repartition your phone when going from AOSP to Samsung GB Roms.

I had no problems flashing this ROM, I was on Dark Knight ICS, then wiped data/cache, and formatted system and flashed the base rom and the captivate essentials package right afterwards (like the OP says) and everything works perfect. You should be able to follow this procedure from any ROM (such as KK4, CM7, ICS, etc).
28th February 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #118  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 57

548 posts
More
Wink speaker fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by razvanadrian

hi, that was my post with tapping on the back but i have this issue for 2-3 months now...i looked for it when i first got it and they say it's a common hardware issue for cappy...so for now on you better check your cappy from time to time maybe you're silent unwillingly

btw if you find a solution to permanently fix this let me know. thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopo01

I believe I saw a fix a while back search in captivate general something about screws being to tight. If I was on computer I would try finding. If you don't find anything I will try to find tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Try this post for a permanet fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=speaker+screw
Last edited by mopo01; 28th February 2012 at 04:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mopo01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thasro
28th February 2012, 04:33 PM   |  #119  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Hi, I just wanted to say great job on this ROM. I did a full wipe before flashing and I haven't had a single issue. Keep up the good work!
28th February 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #120  
New York
Thanks Meter: 7

55 posts
Thank you, excellent job with the wifi fix!

I've noticed what appears to be another bug. The battery has been very inaccurate on this ROM. Sometimes my phone seems to discharge quickly and when I plug it in, the battery indicator will hardly change for a full hour or more (+/- 2%). Sometimes it even looks like the battery is slightly depleting while connected. When I reboot, it will show a much higher percentage. Also, the lockscreen percentage does not always agree with the notification bar percentage.

The charging animation when the phone is off no longer works either.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wow
Previous Thread Next Thread