Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,309 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] MIUI v4-2.3.2 for Wildfire | Beta1 | 04/03/12 | Released!

Tip us?

yohanandz
Old
Thanks Meter 41
problems i noticed :
1 root
2 wifi
3 themes (cant change wallpaper)

others work fine...data,calls,messages,etc
HTC One X

[S-ON]: HTC DEV Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.x.x
ROM: ViperX

Previous Devices :
HTC Sensation XE
HTC Wildfire
Nokia X2-00
Nokia 5130 Xpressmusic

Justice™
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohanandz View Post
problems i noticed :
1 root
2 wifi
3 themes (cant change wallpaper)

others work fine...data,calls,messages,etc
Strange, all those work for me except wallpaper.

Sent from my Wildfire using XDA

Whilst I hate begging for thanks and such, if I've genuinely helped you or provided an insightful comment, a thanks is appreciated but not needed!

dud3me
Old
(Last edited by dud3me; 5th March 2012 at 10:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice™ View Post
Strange, all those work for me except wallpaper.

Sent from my Wildfire using XDA
Wallpaper works for me, though not very well (launcher fc's and it takes a while to get it working), most of the themes though aren't working. Also when you search and scroll contacts on sms app there's this black square.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaianuar View Post
I don't seem to be able to get root either. Wiped everything before install. Apart from that everything else seems working all right - gmail, market, wifi, etc.
You can open mails with gmail?

Fulfen
Old
Thanks Meter 52
In conclusion, this rom is very laggy + many FC, need many tweaks, and slightly resizing, it can't be a daily rom right now, i think from 3-5 updates in future it can be used as daily rom

Scratch0805
Old
Thanks Meter 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulfen View Post
In conclusion, this rom is very laggy + many FC, need many tweaks, and slightly resizing, it can't be a daily rom right now, i think from 3-5 updates in future it can be used as daily rom
This is my daily for a while, I can live without a camera, quickpik works a treat as replacement for stock gallery, I don't like the stock miui launcher anyway and that seems to be where most of the lag lies, I've changed it to 360 launcher and its fast enough for me.

Themes.
Miui was made for hdpi only, we are ldpi so certain elements won't work unless resized. If you simply choose to install a full theme it will fc, but it you tap customize at the bottom you can choose certain elements from the theme. A few posts back I posted a link to some resized lockscreens which work perfect.

Sent from my Wildfire using xda premium

My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S2
Asus Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
2 x Samsung Galaxy Ace 5380i's
HTC Wildfire

mycolourscreen

My Dropbox

danielterci
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I use the Wildfire as a backup phone, so I'm happy that the network registration failure has been solved. Great work.

On the other side the tethering FCs the settings apk. This is a MIUI 2.3.2 issue as on the HTC DHD I had the same issue. Hope that the MIUI devs will solve it with the next versions.

Thanks

dud3me
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch0805 View Post
This is my daily for a while, I can live without a camera, quickpik works a treat as replacement for stock gallery, I don't like the stock miui launcher anyway and that seems to be where most of the lag lies, I've changed it to 360 launcher and its fast enough for me.

Themes.
Miui was made for hdpi only, we are ldpi so certain elements won't work unless resized. If you simply choose to install a full theme it will fc, but it you tap customize at the bottom you can choose certain elements from the theme. A few posts back I posted a link to some resized lockscreens which work perfect.

The stock launcher is working quite fast for me and as for themes it's obvious you shouldn't apply the whole thing, but you can't set even some icons etc. because the app fc's. This has happened to the ones that I've downloaded online from the app itself, I tried ultimate iphone theme yesterday and I downloaded the mtz with my pc and it worked fine. You can even change the statusbar but it won't change the toggles and background (are there even thems for miuiv4 that do that?).
I think it's in a good enough state to be used as a daily rom, at least if you can live with out the camera which I can.

Ps has anyone tried this with custom mtd partitions and if so what kind of?

Scratch0805
Old
Thanks Meter 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud3me View Post
The stock launcher is working quite fast for me and as for themes it's obvious you shouldn't apply the whole thing, but you can't set even some icons etc. because the app fc's. This has happened to the ones that I've downloaded online from the app itself, I tried ultimate iphone theme yesterday and I downloaded the mtz with my pc and it worked fine. You can even change the statusbar but it won't change the toggles and background (are there even thems for miuiv4 that do that?).
I think it's in a good enough state to be used as a daily rom, at least if you can live with out the camera which I can.

Ps has anyone tried this with custom mtd partitions and if so what kind of?
Hdpi icons are much larger than ldpi if they did work they wouldn't look right anyway, if you copy the .mtz to your pc rename it to .zip then you can extract it and resize everything.

Use root explorer to check the size of your system folder then set your mtd partition.

My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S2
Asus Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
2 x Samsung Galaxy Ace 5380i's
HTC Wildfire

mycolourscreen

My Dropbox

core1024
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hello!
I love this ROM. It's just what I've wanted my WildFire to be.
The only thing I found very annoying is that the lockscreen shows at the second try and below it there is an image of something like flashlight. Also there is an issue with the Wi-Fi. It seem that the phone can't detect networks at 13th channel and there's no option to change the band, but i've reconfigured my router so this is not big deal.

liviucristian17
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by core1024 View Post
Hello!
I love this ROM. It's just what I've wanted my WildFire to be.
The only thing I found very annoying is that the lockscreen shows at the second try and below it there is an image of something like flashlight. Also there is an issue with the Wi-Fi. It seem that the phone can't detect networks at 13th channel and there's no option to change the band, but i've reconfigured my router so this is not big deal.
I had this issue to(flashlight)!Restore your phone and never open flashlight again!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to liviucristian17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]