Thread Deleted

CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)(2012.05.26)

25th June 2012, 03:33 AM   |  #211  
Flag Moravia
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phapsubongtoi

here is link : (url removed because I'm a newbie)

Hey, thanks man! Did you find any info on what is new (or fixed) on this version?
25th June 2012, 07:45 AM   |  #212  
Flag Moravia
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
More
OK, I went for it and tried the version labeled "7-20120619". Before this, I had the one labeled "7.2.0-RC1".

So far, I have seen the following improvements:

1. Camcorder works for me now.
2. Localization has been fixed for Spare Parts. (It was in Chinese when I had English selected as my language.)

Issues that still happen:

3. Calling with 3G enabled reboots phone. (I'm trying it on a 850MHz network in Costa Rica. 2G network works fine.)
4. FM radio app is Chinese-only.

New issues:

5. It used to have a Spanish localization, but maybe this is just a nightly-style release and it makes sense to reduce locales during tests.

I'm glad that progress is being made!

@laidaxin: if you need help testing, just let me know!
25th June 2012, 08:13 AM   |  #213  
Thanks Meter: 26

105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgerivera

OK, I went for it and tried the version labeled "7-20120619". Before this, I had the one labeled "7.2.0-RC1".

So far, I have seen the following improvements:

1. Camcorder works for me now.
2. Localization has been fixed for Spare Parts. (It was in Chinese when I had English selected as my language.)

Issues that still happen:

3. Calling with 3G enabled reboots phone. (I'm trying it on a 850MHz network in Costa Rica. 2G network works fine.)
4. FM radio app is Chinese-only.

New issues:

5. It used to have a Spanish localization, but maybe this is just a nightly-style release and it makes sense to reduce locales during tests.

I'm glad that progress is being made!

@laidaxin: if you need help testing, just let me know!

the 3g still not work but the 2G, EDGE work more stable, the GPS is also more stable. The wifi hotspot perhaps work
30th June 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #214  
Flag Northbrook
Thanks Meter: 564

2,496 posts
Donate to Me
More
keyboard symbols mapped wrong
Hi,
I just flashed the ROM and I seem to have a problem with the physical keyboard's symbols. The letters and anything in white work fine, but when I push the Fn key and try to type a number or symbol, they come out weird. None are correctly mapped.
for example, pushing Fn+T(which should insert 5) it creates a +
any help on this?

In addition, pushing the SYM key will not give me a list of symbols, but rather a prompt for the input method.

I didnt notice these bugs being discussed, so I thought I'd share

Thanks!
3rd July 2012, 02:04 AM   |  #215  
Thanks Meter: 85

231 posts
More
Yep, exact same issues here with the 6/19 build, wiped data/cache and reflashed just in case and same results. Oh well, going back to the previous build.
3rd July 2012, 07:04 AM   |  #216  
Flag Northbrook

2,496 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Like bakageta, I decided to flash an older build. To be exact, the 5/26 RC1. The SYM key still brings up the input menu prompt, but frankly, with the function keys working again, I dont care whatsoever.
In addition, I dont notice many differences between the two, so theres not much loss.
I would like to point out this small bug that I really don't think anyone cares about, but in landscape, the status bar is a hassle to pull back up once its down. *shrugs*

But I just wanted to say WOW! I bought this phone used (at $20 ) to hold off until I can get a better phone during the winter of this year. Coming from a Moto Cliq, I feel like I have a superphone right now, especially with Cyanogenmod7.2! Before I bought this, my biggest concern was dev support and whereas the CLIQ is officially supported by Cyanogen, this is not. But who needs official support when you've got laidaxin? Besides, the stable release of CM7.2 had a fatal error on my Cliq, forcing me to use another dev's CM7.1 and the only big problem here is no 3G+Calling. Not that it matters since I never use data, I'm around wifi 90% of the time.

Thank you again, Froyo, Motoblur, and extreme lack of internal memory was killing me for a few days when I first got this, but this ROM and Link2SD has made it so much better.
5th July 2012, 11:39 AM   |  #217  

105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagdude

Hi,
I just flashed the ROM and I seem to have a problem with the physical keyboard's symbols. The letters and anything in white work fine, but when I push the Fn key and try to type a number or symbol, they come out weird. None are correctly mapped.
for example, pushing Fn+T(which should insert 5) it creates a +
any help on this?

In addition, pushing the SYM key will not give me a list of symbols, but rather a prompt for the input method.

I didnt notice these bugs being discussed, so I thought I'd share

Thanks!

Download the Fix keyboard.rar, extract, copy two file : sholes-keypad.kcm and umts_sage-keypad.kcm to sdcard
On phone, use Root Explorer to copy that files to system/usr/keychars and set all permissions.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Fix keyboard.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1,010 Bytes, 47 views)
Last edited by phapsubongtoi; 5th July 2012 at 12:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phapsubongtoi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2012, 06:16 AM   |  #218  
Flag Northbrook

2,496 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phapsubongtoi

Download the Fix keyboard.rar, extract, copy two file : sholes-keypad.kcm and umts_sage-keypad.kcm to sdcard
On phone, use Root Explorer to copy that files to system/usr/keychars and set all permissions.

Yeah I thought it had something to do with those .kcm files, I just didn't how I should edit them... by now I flashed an older build, but I would like to try your method. The problem is, I don't seem to have a recovery...?

When I go to power menu, reboot, then recovery, its stuck on motorola logo and I have to yank the battery. When I power up holding down the x, I go to the STOCK android recovery (eeek). I attempted to flash use one of the custom recoveries for the flipout on eclair (which worked on stock froyo) it said successful but I still got stock recovery.
7th July 2012, 09:36 AM   |  #219  

105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagdude

Yeah I thought it had something to do with those .kcm files, I just didn't how I should edit them... by now I flashed an older build, but I would like to try your method. The problem is, I don't seem to have a recovery...?

When I go to power menu, reboot, then recovery, its stuck on motorola logo and I have to yank the battery. When I power up holding down the x, I go to the STOCK android recovery (eeek). I attempted to flash use one of the custom recoveries for the flipout on eclair (which worked on stock froyo) it said successful but I still got stock recovery.

you should choose Reboot--->bootmenu
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phapsubongtoi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2012, 12:06 PM   |  #220  
Thanks Meter: 85

231 posts
More
Our recovery doesn't actually replace the stock one, it hijacks the boot process. You need to reboot the phone and watch for the notification led to light up, then hit the volume down button. It should still be on the red M boot logo at that point, the screen should dim slightly just as the led lights up. From there, you're in the boot menu, and can pick recovery > stable recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to bakageta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogen, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread